Mafiaaaah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where we can play mafia.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

background C9 games?

Go down 
5 posters

Should we have separate C9 games running in the background?
Yes!
background C9 games? I_vote_lcap80%background C9 games? I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
No!
background C9 games? I_vote_lcap20%background C9 games? I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Hypothetical third option!(make sure to post why)
background C9 games? I_vote_lcap0%background C9 games? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

Job/hobbies : reading/origami/computer
Dreams of : *SPOILERS*

background C9 games? Empty
PostSubject: background C9 games?   background C9 games? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:00 am

So since we seem to getting back into our stride with some of the bigger more epic games, i know there are still some people who for various reasons would like to play some more basic games, whether it's to hone their skills, for fun, or because they're new.

so i was wondering whether everyone would be cool with us having a separate series of completely bare bones, down to brass tacks C9 games running in the background along side the main games? people could play in one or the other or both, up to yourselves.

vote in the poll as well as post opines~

btw, for those who dont know, C9 games are 7 person games with the setup chosen randomly(and not told which) from one of the following:

2 mafia, 5 vanilla townies
2 mafia, 4 vanilla townies, 1 doctor
2 mafia, 4 vanilla townies, 1 cop
2 mafia, 3 vanilla townies, 1 doctor, 1 cop
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

Dreams of : mysterious pink

PostSubject: Re: background C9 games?   background C9 games? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:24 am

I vote we ALWAYS have the last set up. So theres even less of a chance I will get stuck with nilla.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: background C9 games?   background C9 games? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:10 am

there's a very good reason why we can't do that. It's because the townie strategy of hidden doctor protecting roleclaimed cop very much unbalances the game in favour of the townies. the randomness guarantees this strategy cannot be relied on. For people like you who actively suicide because you hate vanilla that much, that's why these are as well as the bigger flashier games instead of instead of.
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

Dreams of : your mum

PostSubject: Re: background C9 games?   background C9 games? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:11 am

I still believe a mafia role blocker will balance the last one, IF the set up is known prior.
Back to top Go down
Happy
Stop Triple Posting Laurence
Happy

Job/hobbies : none whatsoever
Dreams of : solving the mystery

PostSubject: Re: background C9 games?   background C9 games? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:49 pm

Posts in areas besides the mafia section! What heresy is this???

On my part I voted no.. which sounds mean.. XD I think we don't have enough people actually (like sure, there's the entire DB group plus the SE one now, but as it stands the majority aren't active), plus I'm plain greedy and want to be in every game forever. Chloe's running a 'basic' game too though which makes the point redundant for now. Razz

Anyway Jonno you've done like 4/5 games now.. don't be a greed, share with your creed.. Very Happy (stupid limericks have gotten to me WHICH REMINDS ME I need to write geoff's limerick)
Back to top Go down
http://happypants3.deviantart.com
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: background C9 games?   background C9 games? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:06 pm

ScreamingHawk wrote:
I still believe a mafia role blocker will balance the last one, IF the set up is known prior.

um, believe me, the townies have a hard enough time as is. mafia role blocker is a very powerful ability, and the mafia are already powerful anyway, hence 2v5

also this shuts down the possibility of the strategy altogether. the point of the randomness is that it doesn't eliminate it, it just severely weakens it.
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

Job/hobbies : Coding/drawing/music/language
Dreams of : Webcomic artist!

PostSubject: Re: background C9 games?   background C9 games? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:55 pm

I vote yes because it can't hurt to be in multiple games and have more action right? Plus this gives the chance to run basic games to those who want to play them and still have plenty of epic games like the super hero one and stuff. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

Dreams of : your mum

PostSubject: Re: background C9 games?   background C9 games? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:37 pm

I'm keen for these because means I can try some crazy meta game play
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: background C9 games?   background C9 games? Empty

Back to top Go down

background C9 games?
Page 1 of 1