Mafiaaaah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where we can play mafia.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mafia #20 Game Thread

Go down 
+9
Hiroshi
Constrosity
Skrillaka
Happy
fweaks
Thee_Slushee
peachE
ScreamingHawk
twiggz
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

Job/hobbies : Chillaxing
Dreams of : Chillaxing

Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:01 pm

Lol that's how it usually is when we got absolutely nothing concrete from the night phase...
well, fweaks seems like he's just normal town but that's about it. I still can't shake the feeling that there may be more to him than he's letting on...finding it hard to believe that he just had that post restriction and nothing else...

Well, I'm not overly positive that anything will happen here either =S Probably might be more beneficial if we went straight to night so we got more to work with...

Well, since today was essentially free since noone died, I think it'll probably be good if we went to night, since I don't think anything else is going to happen:
Vote night
Back to top Go down
Constrosity
Nurse Joy's Father
Constrosity

Job/hobbies : Reading for hours
Dreams of : Piiinecoones

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:04 pm

I'm inclined to agree.

Vote Night
Back to top Go down
twiggz
Of Unknown Origins
twiggz

Job/hobbies : LOL
Dreams of : music everywhere, plzkthnx

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:06 pm

Lynch Update:
ScreamingHawk: 1 votes (fweaks), 6 votes til lynch
Lancestrike: 1 vote (pizza-la), 6 votes til lynch

night: 4 votes (ScreamingHawk, Skrillaka, thee_slushee, Constrosity), 3 til night
Back to top Go down
http://lovelifeandlullabies.blogspot.com/
Lancestrike
Stop Triple Posting Laurence
Lancestrike

Job/hobbies : Produce trainee ;D
Dreams of : Squall/Celty/Spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:25 pm

niught?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Blanket Fort
Admin

Job/hobbies : Cosplay and boredom fighting
Dreams of : Butter chicken

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:41 pm

Ho hum deeeedeedee!
Apologies guys, I have been away without internet. I just finished catching up!
There's not much that hasn't already been said so I won't bore you with a long post, and I think I need to take another look to see if I missed anything.
Back to top Go down
http://dbmafia.omgforum.net
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

Job/hobbies : Coding/drawing/music/language
Dreams of : Webcomic artist!

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:54 pm

I did also vote night but it seems it was missed.
Back to top Go down
twiggz
Of Unknown Origins
twiggz

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:21 pm

Lynch Update:

night: 6 votes (ScreamingHawk, Skrillaka, thee_slushee, Constrosity, Lancestrike, Hiroshi), 1 til night

Sorry about that, Hiroshi, I must have missed it. Thanks for pointing it out (:

Back to top Go down
Admin
Blanket Fort
Admin

Job/hobbies : Cosplay and boredom fighting
Dreams of : Butter chicken

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:24 pm

Ah, what the azkaban. Vote night.
Back to top Go down
http://dbmafia.omgforum.net
twiggz
Of Unknown Origins
twiggz

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:27 pm

Lynch Update:

night: 7 votes (ScreamingHawk, Skrillaka, thee_slushee, Constrosity, Lancestrike, Hiroshi, Admin)

It is now night phase.

You may not post in the game thread until the next day phase.

Deadline for night actions is Tomorrow at 11am.
Back to top Go down
twiggz
Of Unknown Origins
twiggz

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:11 pm

Spoiler:

Active Players:
ScreamingHawk
Happy
Hiroshi
Admin
Telestomp
Lancestrike
fweaks
Skrillaka
peachE
thee_slushee

Dead Players:
twiggz (mod)
Constrosity

pizza-la

Legend:
Pro-town
Neutral
Pro-Mafia
Back to top Go down
twiggz
Of Unknown Origins
twiggz

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:12 pm

Your deadline is Sunday at 8pm.

Get moving Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 685945
Back to top Go down
peachE
Wartortle
peachE

Job/hobbies : starving artist
Dreams of : food

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:23 pm

... 2 people died????? omg :\ is there like TWO mafia fractions? or ... is there some serial killer running about?!

It may sound like someone tried to target Fweaks again?

so... someone tried to save constrosity (well.. I know pizza is a girl...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.treetop-hideout.com
Happy
Happy

Job/hobbies : none whatsoever
Dreams of : solving the mystery

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:23 pm

Nooo, connor!!! Sad Noooo, Sterling!!!! I mean... yaaay, sort of, but you're too nice to be dead! even if you are evil! Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 121

peachE wrote:
is there like TWO mafia fractions? or ... is there some serial killer running about?!
Highly likely! But perhaps the former would not be relevant in this case! Surprised I think what happened is that connor and sterlz were 'lovers'!! When one dies, the other kills themself in grief. Normally their secret goal is to be the last ones standing, so maybe mafia insisted on killing connor, and sterling couldn't speak against it.
Otherwise it'd be a serial killer who killed either of them, yeah Smile So if that's the case, good work! And horrible work. They did a good-horrible job.

Anything else.. looks like Tele didn't do his action tonight; if serial killer is indeed the last two paragraphs, then mafia hit a majyyk'd person yet again; Light seems to have found a dangerous role, but didn't die from it, thankfully. And Le Scholar has found something, as opposed to last night!

For once I'm not getting ninja'd with the important information ;^; FEELS SO GOOD!
Back to top Go down
http://happypants3.deviantart.com
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Couldn't speak against it without revealing herself*, I should say. Trying too hard to post first. -__- Though I can't imagine she'd go so far as to let them actually kill him, and by proxy, her. So that theory is looking less likely at the moment.

I'd think mafia has some sort of inhibition on them at the moment; either that, or they keep targeting the wrong people. Razz

I should also compliment Chloe for keeping up the limerick shtick more than one night in a row Smile I love it!! I think it's the repitition that gets to me, apparently I'm a sucker for leitmotifs.
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:37 pm

O.O woah! Town AND mafia died tonight?? And Pizza WAS mafia!!! Good spotting all those who caught her out earlier =D

Alright, my turn for a night story breakdown! =D I'm noticing a lot of reused verses from the last night story.

twiggz wrote:
He slowly paced his study floor,
Thinking and pacing, and then no more.
He looked carefully
His gaze roved watchfully ,
Then after a moment, he saw

This is similar to a verse in the last night story. Methinks it has to do with another investigative role. In the last night story, they didn't see anything. But from the sounds of this, it looks like they saw something useful.

twiggz wrote:
They crept into his room at night
Ready to give a most deathly fright.
But they stopped and stared,
And they looked on scared
As magic stood to put things right.

This is the EXACT same verse from last night story. Sounds like mafia struck out again by the looks of it. I guess whoever roleblocked the mafia last round roleblocked them again! Good job =D Either the mafia used the same person as hitman and they got roleblocked twice (though that sounds pretty dumb. You'd think they would've changed hitman if the first one was blocked) or the roleblocker got lucky! I would tell the roleblocker to come forward as to who mafia is, but I'm starting to think the Light woman-lady-thing isn't a doctor. Will get to that point in a second.

twiggz wrote:
There was a young woman named Light
Who wanted to stop things at night.
She left one evening
With a hopeful feeling,
And did nothing but endure a fright.

Now because it says "wanted to stop things at night", it makes me think that this Light lady is actually a roleblocker! But then, does that mean she roleblocked fweaks last night story? And in doing so, somehow cured his limerick-itis? Well, roleblocker or not, it seems like she didn't do anything useful last night. I'm wondering whether the "endure a fright" thing is related to the mafia story from above, or just coz mod wanted something to rhyme =P If they are related though, maybe shes the one that stopped mafia from killing??

twiggz wrote:
At the bloody priest he stared down,
His face creased into a frown.
Gone out of his head,
He done killed him dead
And looked down at his sequined gown.

Now this story is probably what is linking to Constrocity being killed. Is there anything significant in him mentioning he's a priest? *looks at mikeburnfire* oh, ok....so the vote won't be counted if someone is gonna get lynched....ok? Anyone know what the significance of the sequined gown is?? That could pinpoint who Controcity's killer was! But I'ma thinking that this is most likely a third party kill, since it seems like mafia was blocked from the first night story.

twiggz wrote:
She looked down with tears in her eye,
He couldn’t be dead – must be a lie.
She knew what to do,
She’d follow him too,
And made herself quick plans to die.

AHHH NINJA'D! Goddamn it, Happy! =P well I'm gonna go ahead and say what I had planned anywya =P

Ok, now this verse right here is what's confusing me. Coz I'ma thinking this is the story thats linking to Pizza's death. It doesn't really sound like she has been killed. It actually sounds like her role was linked to Constrocity, like lovers/siblings, whatnot. So when he was killed, she went ahead and died with him. So...eesh, there's a lot more to this game than meets the eye =S This kinda solidifies that the one who killed Constrocity was third party, coz if Pizza was linked to Constrocity, there's no way she would've let mafia go and kill him....unless she didn't know!! O.o omg, what if more of us are linked together that we don't know of!!

Didn't really see any mental state revealing-ness from Tele's role in this set of night stories. Unless he was the first investigative role. Got anything to share for us??

Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

Job/hobbies : reading/origami/computer
Dreams of : *SPOILERS*

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:53 pm

At work so quick notes:

Lovers/siblings definitely.

Second killing faction of some sort likely

Game complicated from the start as I said in my first post.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Oh, and sterling turned out to be mafia when she played differently, good to know.
Back to top Go down
Skrillaka
Dwarf Bread
Skrillaka

Job/hobbies : Anime, manga, games, etc.
Dreams of : remembering dreams

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 3:03 pm

Would the first paragraph describe the actions of a cop or something? It is possible, seeing as without one I would think we're in a bit of trouble, and it would kind of make sense. Also, because it seems like another investigative role and there wasn't a whole load of indication if Telestomp actually did anything last night, unless you want to take "gone out of his head" as his discovery.
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 3:15 pm

LOL CHANISHA. I should've considered at least one other person was writing a megapost. Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 121 It's ok though you've ninja'd me in the past so this is payback. (I'd have to payback like every person on this forum.)

Things you've brought up that I didn't: 2nd-verse roleblocker (I'm serious, I forgot about that..), Light as a roleblocker, Sterling potentially not knowing she was a lover. That second one is a pretty good catch; if you'll recall in the superhero game, Jonno considered roleblocking as removing one's powers for the night. But that doesn't quite mesh with "wanting to set things right", I'd think. Surprised
The real obstacle to this theory is, why would a roleblocker be stopped by a 'fright'? Overall I'm still more convinced she cures people; if considered in parallel with Tele's role, maybe she needs him to sort of 'open' up their mind first, otherwise what's in there's like.. too effed-up, or something. Idk, lol.

I figured the priest's robe could be sufficiently intepreted as a gown (also to rhyme Cool), and like.. priests are rich, right?? So this one was particularly flamboyant, maybe Razz But no, if this gown is the killer's, I wouldn't even know.

Perhaps mafia are being forced to move as a group, this time round? It would explain why (a possible) roleblocker managed to get them twice. Can't imagine this restriction being put on them, though.

@Andrew: I figure not a cop in the traditional sense of the term... this one doesn't seem to move from their house, lmao. So we don't know if they're finding people's roles at all. I get the feeling it might be something like Eachen (peachE)'s role from last game: she had this crystal ball, and she used it to sort of voyeur on people. Razz

fweaks wrote:
You know, after the games you've hosted, I wouldn't be so quick to say that. ಠ___ಠ
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 3:29 pm

Happy wrote:
Overall I'm still more convinced she cures people; if considered in parallel with Tele's role, maybe she needs him to sort of 'open' up their mind first, otherwise what's in there's like.. too effed-up, or something. Idk, lol.
Ooooh, I like that! Maybe last night, because both Tele and Light targeted fweaks, Tele "opened his mind" and Light cured the post restriction! But it'll be pretty tricky with this many people for them to target the same person each night, unless they coordinate it via the forum, but that can be pretty dangerous coz then mafia knows exactly who they're targeting =S Not sure what kind of implications this has, but I'm wondering if anyone else has some sort of screwed up part to their role that needs fixing...

And if mafia are being forced to move as a group, would that mean that roleblocking ANYONE from the mafia would result in no kill?? Judging on how many people there are in this, mafia must be pretty huge! So if any one of them are blocked, then the kill doesn't happen. That...sounds a little imbalanced, hehe. Unless we've got quite a few neutral roles here too.
Back to top Go down
Skrillaka
Dwarf Bread
Skrillaka

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 3:32 pm

@Happy You're right about him not moving from his house, I think. The verse even uses terms like "looked" and "saw". The first night they were stopped by something, but last night they weren't.

lol someone is watching us while we sleep >.> Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 771411
Back to top Go down
twiggz
Of Unknown Origins
twiggz

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 4:10 pm

This is the only hint I'm going to give you guys. Just because the night story is in poetry, doesn't mean it is linked to Jonathan (fweaks) in any way. Like I said before, I like to rhyme things. I also think that a mod can be more subtle about giving information this way too.

Deadline is in just under 28 hours.

I'm not allowing you guys to vote night. You MUST come to a majority lynch decision by the deadline.

Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 685945 thisisthebestfaceeverandi'musingitwhatofit

Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 6:39 pm

happypants wrote:

fweaks wrote:
You know, after the games you've hosted, I wouldn't be so quick to say that. ಠ___ಠ
//joyplzemot

hmm, okay, when i do that as mod it sometimes means, townies, you are this close to becoming extinct/losing this ooruo

sometimes it just means get your ooruo together candy-asses
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 6:56 pm

O.o, ok, mod's not giving us a chance to vote night so we gotta find someone to lynch and fast =S (though on the flipside, what happens if we DON'T come to a majority decision by time, mod? Will you just keep extending it til we do?)

Alright, I'm largely gonna look to the Light lady and Tele for advice here since they are the only ones who really have ANY shred of clue. That, and maybe the pacing dude coz it looks like they got something to share too!

People on my suspicion list:
- less active people (ala Admin, Lancestrike. Though Admin apparently has been out o town so that's excused. Lancestrike on the other hand.....)
- Screaming (though since he suspected Pizza a bit earlier and she turned out to be mafia, not so strong with this one)

I'ma leaning more towards Lancestrike, coz....well, got nothing else right now =S So think my lynch will go to him unless people with infos take the risk and step out =S
Back to top Go down
Skrillaka
Dwarf Bread
Skrillaka

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:10 pm

Wow, it's quiet today. People are probably busy or something, I suppose.

I agree with Slushee's general suspicions, but I would rather someone with a little more information came forward.
... Do I count as a less active person? I know I probably could post more, but usually people have already shared everything I want to say, so I choose not to bore you guys with repetition.

p.s. Hehe, I'm a silly goose. Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 368480
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mafia #20 Game Thread
Page 10 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next