Mafiaaaah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where we can play mafia.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)

Go down 
+6
pandamike
thedumbass
chocolate-toffie
fweaks
Thee_Slushee
Happy
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

Job/hobbies : reading/origami/computer
Dreams of : *SPOILERS*

Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:44 pm

i always play, town or mafia or survivor or cult or lord overmind of rainbows. it's cuz i'm from the days where every game had a rule of 'minimum one effective post per 24 hours or modhammer' so you'll never see me go longer than that without a really stupid reason like 'i totes forgot'

but on top of that, it's so much fun to play! and it's fun varying how i play too, to see how it results in different things. this time round, i'm trying out using posts like surgical strikes. because i've found that when you hit a certain critical mass of wall-o-text posters, things get missed in the mess. with the addition of the welcome activeness of aakrithi, i think we're there~

so i'm going to see what i can blow open, give us more information about what people dont want to give us info on, etc.

however when it comes to 4 am i make no promises

//tl;dr: blatantly uses wall-o-text to explain that he's not using wall-o-texts
Back to top Go down
directorladyface01
Skittles
directorladyface01

Job/hobbies : coke....chocoholic......chip addict....
Dreams of : chocolate....n your face!

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:48 pm

My four in a row posts will die out soon enough.

got too excited about the no restrictions.

anyhoo...
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:09 pm

we've always had no restrictions on spam in games since you aren't allowed to edit.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:24 pm

i'm just going to continue pointing out that creeky thinks she got shot for targetting hiroshi. which normally would be legit. but it's same night. which unless what i said earlier about someone having a reactionary role is true, is complete bupkiss. In addition the only role i can think of which does that for someone else is the very much townie elite bodyguard.
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

Dreams of : your mum

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:33 pm

Thread being derailed by active lurking:

NINJA'd:
Creeky?
I doubt there is a reactionary role, but a good idea. Would explain the slow death thing.
Though if we see the same slow death thing tonight then redirecter is more likely.

Who is most suspicious? People are only defending themselves not attacking others...
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:35 pm

gardevoir = raep (FILTER!)
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Testing
FU CK
FUáCK
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:40 pm

Got it:
FaUCK
frogmint
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

Job/hobbies : Coding/drawing/music/language
Dreams of : Webcomic artist!

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:27 pm

Ok why are you working around the censoring? It's there for a reason. <.<

Anywho, sorry I haven't posted in like a day (and a half), been drawing yay. Very Happy

So the night story is really confusing, but I think we've got some ideas right so far. Let me write up my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:28 pm

Happy wrote:
"You know, I can't help but feel there's a saturation in the job market."
Looking at it now, I think this pretty much states that everyone has a role (job) so no one is getting away with claiming straight townie.

Happy wrote:
"... what... is happening?! ... completely unprecedented..."
I think there could even be randomness in this game (ala the D rate super heroes game) which makes this even more hard to follow. @.@

Happy wrote:
There is a secret lurking beneath this city; a crawling, seething undercurrent of hate and terror. A cold war builds up - spoken of by no one, yet felt by all. The war between humans... and robots. What a Face

I'm just sh*tting with ya. The azkaban would I do in a game with robots? I can guarantee not a single person even remotely knows where I pulled that out of.

Ahh, robots.

Are we ignoring that despite other evidence this kinda says that there aren't actually robots?

Happy wrote:
One was pretty miffed. He was positively enraged.
Only one way to deal with that...

BZZT!
BZZT!
BZZT!

The other seemed nonchalant, but all part of the plan. Spontaneity was for halfwits who'd forgot what they ate.
He wasn't a halfwit.

BZZT!
... BZZZZZZT!...
This still really confuses me. Somehow someone was "miffed" and angry at the same time. Thing is, we've been reading this to mean that he was shocked, but it could also read that he shocked someone else. Same with the nonchalant-but-not-stupid one.
So my question is, are these traits indicative of the person being described (maybe a miffed person is new to forum mafia) or are they just character traits. I'm assuming gender is a character trait because it'd give too much away if mod started using people's real genders, and it'd benefit those who know each other in real life.
A side note about that: @Pandamike: Slushee is actually a girl.

Happy wrote:
What the DANGNABBIT (CURSE THESE WORDFILTERS) is wrong with you people?! Holy cr*p, you SPLIT IT. I thought I was all done and ready to post but NO, YOU JUST HAD TO GO AND

SPLIT IT

I CAN'T EVEN BE BOTHERED WRITING A NIGHT STORY FOR THIS PART, IT'S SPLIT, OKAY

*I see red...*
Does anyone know anything about splitting? This is really confusing, but it looks too specific to be just mod ranting. Something is split and it was important for the night story and based on a night action (she had to change the night story post for it).

Happy wrote:
In the nights, lightning would arc across the sky - not from the clouds, but the city itself, electricity leaping through the air and down again. Impossible, it seemed. But of course, any sufficiently advanced science was indistinguishable from magic.

One shrouded figure stood on the roof of an old building, having done his duty for the night. He watched a white-hot tendril course away from him... and then, one coursing his way.

He took a shaky step back, turning around to eyeball the staircase, only to see another bolt coming from the opposite direction.

":[," he said.
This sounds to me like this person was targetted twice but dodged the first one? Everyone seems to be assuming that the "white hot tendril" can only be an attack action, but couldn't all actions including watching and healing be this kind of "magic" (or rather, advanced science)? Though the sad face kind implies that the last one to hit was actually bad.

Happy wrote:
Shell of flesh, with heart of steel. They live in both worlds, while belonging to neither. They are... the Sole One.

They have been needing to think of a better name for a while now. No matter.

They swiftly dive down an alley, coat billowing in the wind. Leaping over concrete walls, swooping through an endless maze of grey; they allow instinct and Lady Luck to be their guide...

Until lightning ominously, terrifyingly coagulates above them.

Lady Luck seems to have disappeared into the night.
Unless Lady Luck is actually a character role (in which case this is even weirder than it already was) this seems to just be someone/thing being hit by lightning. So we have two people being pretty definitely hit. This makes me think even more that the first two people to be mentioned with the buzzing sounds are actually the killers, not the killed (or else that would be 4 people, assuming no over lap, but we have two people being wounded).
What do you guys think of the "both worlds" thing? Is it just background or are there actually two worlds in this game somehow?
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:37 pm

As for what I think is actually going on, from what everyone has been saying it seems we have a lot of observing roles with weird limitations/features.
I'm also leaning more towards there being redirectors or some randomness being thrown in (if its lightning it's pretty random right?) rather than a lightning rod (if there was a lightning rod we wouldn't have two injuries and we wouldn't have had much in the way of observer powers going off.. unless one/all of our observer friends are lying).

@CT: In a game like this, everyone may as well be a noob haha. Don't let it stop you from posting. Unless you're mafia and trying to post as little as possible to escape suspicion. =\

@Fweaks who is Creeky? Use forum names so everyone can follow along <_<

Hold on, let me also compile the info we have so far from players
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:52 pm

For sure we know:
Slushee and DLF are injured.

Slushee says:
DLF wasn't the original target. She might also get affected by whatever she observes.
Then says she was one of the targets, and that the other target was meant to be pandamike but was redirected to DLF.
Then says DLF could have been the original target.

DLF says:
She was watching Hiroshi(me) and that she didn't see me kill anyone.
Then says she saw mafia target someone and then was targetted.
Then says she was not the original target, and she was wrong and that mafia targetted Hiroshi(me), changed their mind and attacked her instead.

Pandamike says:
He does have a night power, and he has reason to believe Slushee wasn't the original target.
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 3:01 pm

Ok 5 posts in a row yay. Anyway, as far as I can tell that's everything that's been said about what went on last night. Sounds like even the observers don't know for sure what they've been seeing. In fact we have conflicting evidence, (was I targetted and it hit DLF, or was pandamike targetted and it hit DLF?).
So maybe our redirector or randomness switched it up so that one mafia team hit another, and now they're trying to each tell a different story?

Pandamike didn't say what his power was, which leads me to believe he is a redirector (then he'd know Slushee wasn't the original target). Could still be good or bad.

That's all I have so far. Hope that makes up for the silence. xD
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 3:07 pm

I agree with all of this:
Hiroshi's good points:
I agree with the both worlds = cyborg view. Kinda makes sense with the robots bzzt bzzt and the 'significantly advanced tech'.

Hiroshi wrote:
As for what I think is actually going on, from what everyone has been saying it seems we have a lot of observing roles with weird limitations/features.
What kinds of limitations are these? I don't think anyone has actually said anything tbh.

NINJA'd:
Are we thinking two mafia teams with a night kill each or two mafia members with a night kill each?
That's pretty important.
If it's the latter then 'knowing [x] was not the intended target' would be a stronger scum tell (still slight as far as tells go though) as they know because they targeted someone else. Considering we have three CONFIRMED people saying they know they were not the intended target it is fair to assume one is likely mafia. Given the flip flopping view pandamike had on slushee and vice versa, I'm voting pandamike if Slushee flips scum.

@mod: Do we see alignment / roles on death?

NINJA'd again:
CCCOMBO BREAKER!!
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 3:25 pm

By limitations I was referring to how they obviously aren't told something exact like "Pandamike targetted DLF" but rather given some cryptic info. Unless they're all trolling us hard.

Actually yeah I didn't pick up on that being what was meant by the cyborg thing. So it's like the worlds are robot/digital and human/real? That's already pretty crazy, but ok so that kinda makes sense now.
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 3:31 pm

Hiroshi wrote:
By limitations I was referring to how they obviously aren't told something exact like "Pandamike targetted DLF" but rather given some cryptic info. Unless they're all trolling us hard..
Oh right. Yeah makes sense.

Thoughts on number of mafia? And number of teams? 3rd party (cyborg?)?
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Hiroshi wrote:
By limitations I was referring to how they obviously aren't told something exact like "Pandamike targetted DLF" but rather given some cryptic info. Unless they're all trolling us hard.
Just thinking about this some more. I used some roles that gave limited results in my last game. g2g so not finding names or links. Feel free to look back.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 3:59 pm

my D-class supers game had this. really subtle or limited info given
Back to top Go down
Happy
Stop Triple Posting Laurence
Happy

Job/hobbies : none whatsoever
Dreams of : solving the mystery

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:24 pm

ScreamingHawk wrote:
@mod: Do we see alignment / roles on death?
I haven't even decided yet. <U< Roles, though, is a no.
Back to top Go down
http://happypants3.deviantart.com
pandamike
Pacman
pandamike

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 5:19 pm

I wasn't sure exactly how much info to give away, but since I am being targetted anyway may as well provide all the info I have. Anyways, yes I am a redirector. I redirected from Hiroshi to Thee_Slushee. So I'm really not sure if Slushee getting hurt was my doing. However, from the night story I would say at least of the attacks was redirected, how likely is it that there were two redirectors?
Back to top Go down
chocolate-toffie
Silly Goose
chocolate-toffie

Dreams of : Sleep

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 6:00 pm

Pretty likely. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

Job/hobbies : Chillaxing
Dreams of : Chillaxing

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Haha I would actually venture to say very likely.
I'm a redirector too =P (man, how many of us are there?!) ack, I should've been clearer with this from the start since I am DYING and all -_- but yeah, the reason why I thought that DLF wasn't the original target was coz I redirected actions done on pandamike to DLF! Lol wow, the chances of us redirecting important actions!!

But the reason why I wasn't entirely sure was coz DLF may have been the original target anyway, and if nothing happened to pandamike, then I would've just redirected nothing. Guess it's the same dealio with pandamike's redirection too: I could've been the original target as well. But judging from how people were thinking I was scum before night 1, it wouldn't make sense to attack me so that they can keep making me look guilty. Least, that's how I would play it if I were scum: keep the scape goat alive! hehe. So Hiroshi probably was the original target in this case. Can't really say the same with as much certainty for DLF.

As far as mafia teams, I reckon that we've got a pair of mafia robots (though not entirely sure if they're robots now that Hiroshi pointed out the first bit in the night story =S).
And I definitely think we have some third-party cyborgs thrown in the mix too. Really not sure how they fit in now, in terms of what we got from the night story...

Hiroshi wrote:
Happy wrote:
"You know, I can't help but feel there's a saturation in the job market."
Looking at it now, I think this pretty much states that everyone has a role (job) so no one is getting away with claiming straight townie.
Huh, I didn't even notice it said this! Alright, guess we got a D Class Superhero style setup! Everyone has a power! O.o In this case, surely there can't just be 2 mafia then....but having 2 kills is pretty intense! Hmmm....maybe there are some other mafia aligned roles too!

So for roles, we got 2 redirectors (pandamike and me), and an investigator (DLF). Hmmm I was wondering whether pandamike could be a mafia aligned redirector, but that wouldn't make sense coz then why would he redirect their own kill? So we're both probably town then =D As for DLF, she could be a mafia aligned investigator. *shrugs* she hasn't really said what her power is, so not sure if what she finds out could help mafia or not. But if there is an aspect of the story that concludes that scum was hurt, then I'd say that DLF is scum.

And as for suspicious people, I would put it to the lurkers:
Orange pretty actively checks the forum from what I know, and she's known for not really saying anything. Guess she hasn't had the need to defend herself or add anything...but still kinda suspicious...same with TDA. He hasn't really checked in after the first night so....*shrugs*. But DLF is on my suspect list if I had indeed redirected an attack towards her.
Back to top Go down
chocolate-toffie
Silly Goose
chocolate-toffie

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 6:43 pm

So many redirectors! I'm one too. I redirected from pandamike to Slushee.
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

Job/hobbies : Chillaxing
Dreams of : Chillaxing

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:03 pm

LOL WHAT?!?!

So I redirected from pandamike to DLF
pandamike redirected from Hiroshi to me
And CT redirected from pandamike to me

WHY IS EVERYONE REDIRECTING TO ME?!

Maybe I AM the dude on the roof!

Quote :
One shrouded figure stood on the roof of an old building, having done his duty for the night. He watched a white-hot tendril course away from him... and then, one coursing his way.

He took a shaky step back, turning around to eyeball the staircase, only to see another bolt coming from the opposite direction.

":[," he said.
The two lightning strikes coming at me could be the 2 redirectings? And the me doing my duty for the night could've been me redirecting to DLF? Though wait, how does that work....since actions done on the same person are redirected to two different people...and the whole "white tendril courses away" could me someone redirecting from me? Omg, is there ANOTHER redirector out there? If there is, did you redirect from me to someone else? Coz then this part of the story makes sense...somewhat

But I still don't understand how the redirectings on pandamike would've worked =S Mine must've worked coz DLF got hit, unless, again, DLF was the original target.
Back to top Go down
chocolate-toffie
Silly Goose
chocolate-toffie

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:10 pm

So 2 scenarios:

1) Redirecting is on a first come first served basis - don't think this happened because I waited a couple of days before sending my night action.

2) Actions can get split up if redirected?

I only picked you because you seemed a bit suss at the start of the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next