Mafiaaaah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where we can play mafia.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mafia #25

Go down 
+5
ScreamingHawk
Happy
orange
fweaks
Telestomp
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Just Tundra
Pacman
Just Tundra

Job/hobbies : NEET
Dreams of : C̳͎̮̼̫̠͢t҉̢̟̬h̗̱̝̮͜u̴̠̣̲̭͕͈͙̯ͅḷ̷͇̙̼ͅh̨̡͔͈̥̮͕u̬̟̪̦̣̝͉͕͢͠ ̼͙̮͚̝͔̤̰͠c̛͖̭͢o̖̬̼͖̩͈͡m̦̬̼͉̳͟e̙̼t̬̼̭͕̝͎̥͎̩h̗̜͎̣̣̟̱̤

Mafia #25  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 12:08 pm

Happy wrote:
Since we're not doing anything I'm just gonna go ahead and lynch vote tundra until he comes back

Counter lynch. Lynch Happy

Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

Job/hobbies : Coding/drawing/music/language
Dreams of : Webcomic artist!

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 1:13 pm

Lynch update:

2 votes for Happy (ScreamingHawk, Just Tundra). 2 votes to lynch.
1 vote for Just Tundra (Happy). 3 votes to lynch.
1 vote for night (Skrillaka). 3 votes to sunset.
Back to top Go down
Happy
Stop Triple Posting Laurence
Happy

Job/hobbies : none whatsoever
Dreams of : solving the mystery

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 1:10 am

T-thanks bro ;__;

What's the odds that he's gonna read the previous page before deadline? lmao
Back to top Go down
http://happypants3.deviantart.com
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 6:15 pm

2 votes for Happy (ScreamingHawk, Just Tundra). 2 votes to lynch.
1 vote for Just Tundra (Happy). 3 votes to lynch.
1 vote for night (Skrillaka). 3 votes to sunset.

Result: With a shuddering, sighing sound the spirit of the earth returns from banishment and the planet rotates once again. It is night.
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 11:13 am

Fluff:

Just TundraDeadUnderground Church Missionary
ScreamingHawkAliveUnderground Church Member
SkrillakaAliveUnderground Church Member
TelestompAliveGovernment Agent
HappyAliveGovernment Agent
Thee_SlusheeDeadUnderground Church Missionary
OrangeAliveUnderground Church Member
FweaksDeadSurvivor

The Underground Church wins!

GG

I'll make a bit of a write up about the game in the next post. Smile

Last edited by Hiroshi on Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 12:05 pm

Awards

• Telestomp wins the Bluffing award. "Trust me, I'm totally a cop" (Totally real world appropriate)
  • ScreamingHawk wins the Turns Out I'm The Main Character award. This just turned out magically because all the actions I had in mind that I wanted to highlight turned out to be effectively from ScreamingHawk's perspective, so I decided to roll with it.
  • Fweaks wins the Bad-Luck award. Worst survivor ever. Razz Also the first time I've seen a game where Fweaks died
  • Thee_Slushee wins the This Is A Terrible Idea award. "I pick Telestomp! My next choice would be Happy, does that sound good?"
  • Happy wins the "Totally Not An Evil Cultist" award. "The kill is benevolent... SACRIFICES MUST BE MADE"

Original Setup

Cult: Thee_Slushee, Just Tundra
Mafia: Happy, Telestomp
Survivors: Orange, Skrillaka, ScreamingHawk, Fweaks

Night Actions
Night 1:
Thee_Slushee recruits Telestomp
Mafia kills Fweaks
Night 2:
Thee_Slushee recruits ScreamingHawk
Mafia kills Thee_Slushee
Night 3:
ScreamingHawk recruits Skrillaka
Mafia makes no kill
Night 4:
Skrillaka recruits Orange
Mafia kills Just Tundra

Documents
(Messy) Mod notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17_BEEnNT4vjRO1QEw-h6gtcjhDUduSg4bjRQitZH0ZA/edit?usp=sharing
Cult chat: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z3_WxI_xKJnjloIU41WfkHDmrZFPv0RCcM_cYRy9SY/edit?usp=sharing
Mafia chat: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dokMZJ4JvV4545DTCT9HLJW2AdqHnA1t7pQq679QegA/edit?usp=sharing

I just have to say, despite that none of my simulations included no-lynch days or no-kill nights I think that this turned out pretty well as a game.
The question I wanted to answer with this game was "Does the town side with the underground church or the government?"
It turns out that the town actually does nothing at all and is suitably indifferent to the ongoings of others around them. The only vote that actually succeeded was to extended the day  scratch  and even that was just because I decided that it doesn't immediately favour one side or the other and so needed 50%, not majority. So many almost game-changing lynches!  affraid

I loved reading the chat documents. The flavour really came to life as the government agents were reluctant to kill any old citizen after their first "stuff up" and all the "Preserving order for the good of the people” stuff going on. Also the hilarity of the cult banter and the lack of assurance and constant danger they had.

Interestingly I don't think any of the townspeople picked up that they were survivors rather than townies. I'm not sure why.
I also think maybe I was too subtle in the night stories since I didn't want to make the game too much about concrete info for flavour reasons. But in my defence you guys did actually have concrete information from the fluff: The person in the story was a regular citizen in town, who knew all the other regular citizens in town but didn't know the new people in town (who were the missionaries and government agents). Smile I don't think anyone picked up on that either though lol.

All in all a pretty good experiment at recreating the unknowns and fear in a hostile anti-religious environment, I think. Smile

Last edited by Hiroshi on Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 12:09 pm

Also this happened:
Mafia #25  - Page 6 Slushe10
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

Job/hobbies : Chillaxing
Dreams of : Chillaxing

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 12:27 pm

YUS THE CHURCH WON!!! Very Happy Lol it was a pretty sure thing we were gonna win once mafia, oh I mean, "government agents" decided not to kill Razz

Hahahaha this was a pretty excellent game! I'm really sad that people didn't comment more though, it got STUPID quiet towards the end of the game.

Lol my choices were pretty unfortunate from the start! SO GLAD I went with recruiting Michael instead of Happy! Might've actually lost the game then! Man, I was fully trying to send mind vibes to my cult peoples when I died going "READ THE NIGHT STORY YOU FOOLS! IT SAID TWO PEOPLE KILLED ME!! HAPPY HAS A PARTNER!!!!!!" That obviously didn't work the way I wanted, but hey, we still won Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 12:29 pm

Btw mod, how did you decide the ordering of the actions? I was the one that recruited Screaming, and government chose to kill me. What made you decide to make the recruitment go through first?
Back to top Go down
Skrillaka
Dwarf Bread
Skrillaka

Job/hobbies : Anime, manga, games, etc.
Dreams of : remembering dreams

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 12:41 pm

Thee_Slushee wrote:
Man, I was fully trying to send mind vibes to my cult peoples when I died going "READ THE NIGHT STORY YOU FOOLS! IT SAID TWO PEOPLE KILLED ME!! HAPPY HAS A PARTNER!!!!!!" That obviously didn't work the way I wanted, but hey, we still won Very Happy

I just realised that as I was reading through the government chat file. I totally forgot about the fact there were two of them...
Back to top Go down
Skrillaka
Dwarf Bread
Skrillaka

Job/hobbies : Anime, manga, games, etc.
Dreams of : remembering dreams

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 12:58 pm

Those chat docs and the mod planning doc had me cracking up. Seeing things from the other side's perspective (or things for how they really are) is not only enlightening but sometimes hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 1:43 pm

@Slushee: I decided for simplicity not to have an order to the actions: both actions succeeded. So if mafia and cult had targeted the same person that player would have become part of the cult and promptly died lol.

And yeah, as I noted in the mod document both teams kind of ended up with the strategy to wait until the other team posted something they could work with, which ended up with lots of chat in the documents and dust bunnies in the thread. But oh well, it worked well enough and if you think about it, that is actually quite realistic in terms of the flavour of the game. No one goes talking about their undercover business in the town square, they do so in their private spaces. Smile

@Skrillaka: Now you know how much fun I had. Razz
Back to top Go down
Just Tundra
Pacman
Just Tundra

Dreams of : C̳͎̮̼̫̠͢t҉̢̟̬h̗̱̝̮͜u̴̠̣̲̭͕͈͙̯ͅḷ̷͇̙̼ͅh̨̡͔͈̥̮͕u̬̟̪̦̣̝͉͕͢͠ ̼͙̮͚̝͔̤̰͠c̛͖̭͢o̖̬̼͖̩͈͡m̦̬̼͉̳͟e̙̼t̬̼̭͕̝͎̥͎̩h̗̜͎̣̣̟̱̤

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 5:21 pm

I had this big "HAHA! The Cabbage God Cometh!" speech written out but got ninja'd by the night phase announcement. I knew I was going to die come night anyway.

GG all.
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 7:07 pm

GEE GEEEEEEEE

LAUNCHES SELF INTO ABYSS, ALL MY META WAS WRONG

GEOFF DON'T EVEN REMIND ME ABOUT "THE KILL IS BENEVOLENT"

CONRAD I'M GOING TO THROW YOU UNDER THE BUS NOW, WHY DID WE KILL JONNO
imagine if we no-kill'd first night.. then pushed lynch on chanisha...... imagine...........
(to be fair yass, I'm awful at pushing lynch XD but how to convince people when it's like:
  • them: change your win condition so your prev. was irrelevant; allows team communication in a game where information is paramount
  • us: literally murderers)

Gr88888 job @ michael especially, more than merely 'not suspecting' you, you literally radiated townie to me all game Smile AND @ TELESTOMP FOR THE MOST YOLO ROLECLAIM THAT STARTED OUT GREAT, THEN BECAME AWFUL, THEN IF WE'D GONE ANY FURTHER INTO THE GAME IT WOULD'VE LOOPED BACK TO INCREDIBLE AGAIN

Geoff I hope it's clear I loved your concept to death Very Happy esp. being inserted into a role of ambiguous morality, which is oh-so-painfully-reminiscent of real life. So yanno I just had to get all into it. GLORY TO THE EMPIRE

If I can offer any critique it's that, well yanno, as the losing team, first I think we were underpowered
NO SERIOUSLY I think that the biggest problems lay with the non-affliated 'survivor' townies, who had nothing to do besides be inducted >: I mean look at joce who sort of potato'd all game. Then again she potatos a lot of games. .__.
It's largely to do, sadly, with the ambiguity that made the setup so neato; when you're given the least information, it helps to have a clear direction to push in, and that direction comes from the clearly-defined 'good' and 'evil' of the default flavour. I think joce summed it up best when she said "we can't tell whether we're winning or losing" - who I assume was referring to role reveal, but also, it's sort of indicative of how she had no incentive to play at all.

Moreover is probably what does sound like a "baww I lost bawww" argument Razz - I guess this is a problem with cult as a whole: they can win by sitting around and doing nothing *__* So tele and I were playing people left and right (am I overestimating? Did you guys just lol at us and sip your coffee? XD) and it didn't matter an iota in the end. I guess that's what happens when you give cult essentially-infinite recruiting power, but I don't think it's v fun for them if cult leader just dies >: so I don't know

OVERALL though the shape that the game took in retrospective is gr8 gr8 gr8! thank you geoff for your kool game modding Cool
[hi 5s telestomp again for being an incredible, not-mafia partner]

Also, there's one moment in that cult doc which I really want to doodle. So maybe you will see that in a day or so. xD
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 7:31 pm

Tehehehe the mafia doc is pretty great! Very Happy Oooh keen to see which cult leader part you're drawing! Very Happy Is it the part of me climbing back into my grave? Razz

Man, I actually had a feeling Tele was trolling about cop. But I fully hand it to you, that was a pretty successful cop claim for the most part!
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 7:40 pm

Hehehhe mod notes are hilarious too! Lol it actually is super funny how I DIDN'T get lynched day 1. That honestly has to be one of my personal mafia victories, worming my way out of that! XD

LOL and YES SCREAMING! Y u vote to extend day when you know we pretty much had it in the bag? XD
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 1:22 am

The logic I assume most people followed that day was the same as michael's - in a tossup between (proposed) cult and mafia, you gotta be with the cult <W< Plus real world logic probably takes over for a while - "guys with guns" = dangerous ;__;
But yes, I bet jonno would've helped cement that lynch! Razz

I've been meaning to say, I'm sorry that these games have ended up triangulating you what, three threads in a row. xD

Anyway, can't nobody say I never did nothing for the peoples:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 6:35 am

HAHAHAHAHHA THAT IS THE GREATEST DOODLE!!! Can this please happen in every game? XD
Back to top Go down
Just Tundra
Pacman
Just Tundra

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 9:47 am

Glorious
Back to top Go down
orange
Dwarf Bread
orange

Job/hobbies : Potato.
Dreams of : Not breaking things.

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 4:50 pm

Yeaaaah, this potato totally picked up on absolutely nothing.
Now I feel silly for not reading between the lines.
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 1:47 pm

/sees chanisha's new avatar, spits out water

More doodles depends on if we have more events worth doodling ; )

@Joce I think I said on skype, but you were the single person with absolutely no personal leads, so I don't blame you XD
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 11:35 pm

affraid
Holy magikarp that is not just a doodle! @_@ Everything about this is awesome; that is something worth being proud of!
Especially loving that "Here's some kool-aid" panel Very Happy

@Happy: Thanks for the feedback. Very Happy
My reasoning for not giving much info was that in basic vanilla mafia there is no info. But I think you hit the nail on the head saying that town needs a clear goal in a game like that. I guess we learnt something. Smile
My intent was actually that each side (cult and mafia) would try to convince the town to vote with them against the others, but I guess that wasn't quite realistic.
As for cult being overpowered I guess maybe? I'm not sure what I'd do to change it though. I debated for a long while whether or not cult recruiting mafia would get them auto-killed, but decided that could make for a super boring cult-just-dies game if they got too unlucky (mafia kills one, they recruit bad with the other), and I was trying to avoid the possibility of a night 1 game over. I think it would also make them underpowered because not only do they not gain a member on that night, they also lose one, which would basically be game-over (see below).
On the other hand, because cult didn't gain a member in night 1 if you guys had pulled off a lynch on Slushee you would have had a huge advantage with it being 2 mafia, 1 cult, 3 townies heading into night 2, which would basically have been a win because if there are no lynches after that point you get at worst (worst case being cult recruits and mafia kills town) 2 mafia, 1 cult, 3 townies -> 2 mafia, 2 cult, 1 town -> 2 mafia, 2 cult -> Mafia wins. So really, I don't think mafia had it too bad, it was just a pretty difficult game because "playing people left and right" (which you guys did do very well, although so did Screaming Wink ) doesn't help you if you can't get them to lynch in your favour, and this ended up being a game with exactly zero lynches (which is a first in my experience lol).
I was really hoping for 9 players, which would have made the game last just a little longer and given you guys just a little more time to do your dirty work. I'm not sure it would have benefitted you specifically over cult but 4 nights isn't that long one way another.

@Orange: Yeah sorry you didn't get much of a part this game, I guess that's just how it ended up. It was quite experimental so I don't think for a moment it was the best it could have been, but I hope it was humerus reading the chat documents afterwards at the least. Smile
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

Dreams of : your mum

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 10:58 am

FINALLY getting around to reading this thread since victory!!!

Was a fun game.

Thee_Slushee wrote:
LOL and YES SCREAMING! Y u vote to extend day when you know we pretty much had it in the bag? XD

To keep my goodie good townie image Razz Voting night is for evil people remember. I was already acting out of character by choosing no lynch. And I was even town at that point too.

Happy wrote:
The logic I assume most people followed that day was the same as michael's - in a tossup between (proposed) cult and mafia, you gotta be with the cult

This was my thinking pretty early on. I'm surprised no one realised I was almost asking to be recruited for a while. When I said that cult can technically help town win and not lynching Slushee, I was fully trying to get cult to recruit me. Hahaha. As a bonus, the rest of town could/would agree and then they would help us kill the mafia standing in our way.

BAHAHAHAH!!! Happy that image! Glorious.

Please please please mod a game with images.
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 11:05 am

So who's gonna run the next game? Very Happy
Would totally play in a doodle comics based game, but IIRC Slushee was gonna run a game?
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 8:43 am

O.O Uhhhhhhh.....I said I'd consider... But I actually have zero plan as of now, haha. I guess I could maybe throw something together, but I know nothing so it probably won't be all that exciting.

I would also approve of a doodle comics based game Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mafia #25
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next