Mafiaaaah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where we can play mafia.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-

Go down 
+6
Happy
fweaks
pizza-la
Admin
Leaf Master FRINGE
Mirage
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mirage
Hot Chocolate
Mirage

Job/hobbies : Drunk Viking
Dreams of : Pillaging

Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- Empty
PostSubject: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:14 pm

Postponed for now, go to next page for the Espionage Mafia details!!!

General Overview

The game would be faction based, however representative of town would be the Emperor and his Guards. Imperial Guards act as the Emperor’s eyes, ears and fist. They can be ordered about by the emperor in efforts to find and eliminate the Usurpers. There are two rival claimants to the throne who seeks to usurp the Emperor’s grip on power, these rivals are opposed to one another and seeks to depose the emperor and eliminates the other. Usurpers must be able to gain the vote of Counts and Barons in order to have a secure base of loyal voters. Each lord also has a special ability or conditions depending on who he is, and thus useable by the Claimant they have joined. Note that by De-facto lords are either Neutral or aligned with the King. Claimants must recruit them, and those aligned with the king would not be able to use their abilities to help the king, HOWEVER restrictions that might apply like post restrictions and the likes is still valid. An important ability that Lord’s are able to utilise is that they CAN betray their current liege either in support of a different claimant or if they have at least the support of one of their peers, they can assassinate the Claimant and becomes claimant themselves. Last but not least are the Assassin’s, there are two assassins, each is assigned to one of the Claimants and will only take orders from that faction. HOWEVER they are not aligned to that faction, and cannot communicate with them in anyway, if the claimant is eliminated and the faction dissolves, they are assigned to the other claimant. Orders to assassin’s are to be sent to me via PM and I will then circulate them to the designated Assassin. Any plotting, scheming, etc must only done at night phase and must be sent to me as well, please mark them clearly.

Detailed Character roles:

Emperor: Augustiono di Morosini

Emperor’s act just like “normal” lords in ways that they do not have abilities, however Emperor may act through his Imperial Guards who can be ordered to either spy, assassinate, or protect someone, they can also order Imperial Guards to act independently. An emperor does this through PM, and is able to communicate with one another at Night phase. It is the utmost importance that any messages exchanged between the Emperor and the Imperial Guards is also sent to the mod as well. The emperor also posses the ability to Veto a vote, this can only be done once per-game, and doing so reveals the identity of the Emperor thus making him vulnerable to Assassination. If the Emperor is assassinated, the Faction automatically looses. The Emperor wins if all opposition to his power is eliminated.

Imperial Guards
:

Imperial Guards are the Eyes, Ears and Fist of the Emperor. They are able to spy, and assassinate rival Lords, as well as acting as bodyguards to a player including the Emperor. However, Imperial Guards cannot do any of these actions on their own unless the Emperor allows them to; furthermore Imperial Guards must follow the exact orders of the Emperor and can communicate with him and one another at Night phase via PM. It is the utmost importance that any messages exchanged between the Emperor and the Imperial Guards is also sent to the mod as well. It is IMPORTANT to remember that Imperial Guards CAN NOT vote due to them being non-nobles.
EXCEPTION: Imperial Guard Leader Marcelo San Romano who is able to vote, otherwise, same rule applies.
If the Emperor were to die, then all Imperial Guardsman will die.

Claimants/Usurpers: Lorenzo di Morosini &Claudio da Fornovo

The Claimant plays out much like the Emperor character, their aim is to eliminate the Emperor and eliminate his/her other rival. Claimants are able to recruit Lords and Nobles in order to secure a base of followers to vote during the day phase, this can be done via Night Action. He is able to order his followers around, though they do not have to follow them per se. Lords are also able to place hits on target for the assassin to carry out, however doing so means that they are unable to perform other Night Actions. Much like the King and his Imperial Guards, Claimants are also able to communicate with one another via PM. They must notify the mod of the conversation. If the claimant is killed, then the faction dies, HOWEVER if the claimant is betrayed by his follower, then he is eliminated and replaced by that player, so it is important to have your followers in check, so thus they can execute their own followers if he sense that there is a plot against him, it will be obvious though to the other players that the claimant is paranoid, thus causing a betrayal to occur, use at own risk.

Nobles/Lords
:

Nobles act as the main voting body of the game and at the Start they will either pro-Emperor/Town or Neutral. The main aim of the nobles is to survive the game in the winning faction, and be in a position of maximum power attainable. Thus Nobles can be recruited into factions, and in some cases volunteers into them. They are however still able to stay pro-townie, though they cannot interact with the Emperor or his guards and any way and he is unable to identify which noble is aligned to him. Nobles who align themselves with a claimant are able to communicate with other members of the faction via PM. They can also betray his faction to join the other faction if he sees that they are no longer in an advantageous position, or they can replace the claimant, given that they have majority support from other followers/nobles. The succession of the faction leader would be decided via internal vote and the votes of those who are loyal and those who would like to replace the Claimant would be counted, those who loose would be eliminated from the game. Some nobles may also have a certain restrictions and or ability; this however will be explained in more detail in the role PM.

Assassins
:

Assassins is a neutral player who is assigned to a faction to do they’re bidding. There are only two Assassins and each is assigned to one of the two claimant groups, and can only do contracts from that group alone. It should be noted that Assassins are not a member of that given group and thus are unable to contact them in any way except for carrying out a contract given by that faction. Much like the Imperial Guards, Assassins can be ordered to either assassinate, spy upon, or protect a player. The claimant as well as individual nobles can give the assassin any of these contracts, If there are multiple contracts given to the assassin, the assassin is given the liberty to choose which contract they would like to do. Assassins are commoners thus they are unable to vote, they are free to post however. If the faction an Assassin is assigned to is destroyed, they become free agents and can re3ceive contracts from any player. The Assassin’s goal is to survive the game.

1. directorladyface01
2. Lewylln
3. pizza-la
12. Leaf Master FRINGE

These are the roles and rules of my mafia game, if you have any questions please ask, I tried to make them as clear as possible. This however is the 1st time for me being mod, hopefully it won’t be a fail. I will give you a clear and defined deadline, but it may be subject to change if something prevents me from modding. And please, please, please post for *&%^ sake!!! Last game was sad, please dont just sit there, contribute and post. Normal rules also applies like no role claiming, editing ,etc. You can play by using only old english if you want, infact, i encourage it as it would be entertaining. NOW THEN, GO SIGN UP PAESANTS!!!!

Last edited by Mirage on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Leaf Master FRINGE
Of Unknown Origins
Leaf Master FRINGE

Job/hobbies : I'M A GHOSTBUSTER BABY!!!!! WOOOOO
Dreams of : Catching all the pokemon in the world >.<

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:31 pm

give me spot 12 thanks
Back to top Go down
Admin
Blanket Fort
Admin

Job/hobbies : Cosplay and boredom fighting
Dreams of : Butter chicken

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:34 pm

No role claiming isn't a normal rule, it was in just one or two games.

But regardless, I won't be playing, sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://dbmafia.omgforum.net
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

Dreams of : mysterious pink

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:39 pm

i wanna play (3 please), but i doubt you'll get enough ACTIVE people to fill up at 14 persons game. Its annoying because people always say they'll play so effort and stuff goes into the game and prep, but when people dont post or lose interest then entire game falls apart -.-

Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

Job/hobbies : reading/origami/computer
Dreams of : *SPOILERS*

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:31 pm

yeah, i'm keen, looks like a nice setup, but ditto on pizza
Back to top Go down
Happy
Stop Triple Posting Laurence
Happy

Job/hobbies : none whatsoever
Dreams of : solving the mystery

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 12:57 am

Oh my god this looks incredibly cool, but I can't join, sorryyyy ;__; I'm going overseas starting Christmas, I won't be able to play the entire game. Unless you want me to anyway, and I attempt to convince everyone to lynch me just before I go. XD

Seriously though loving this! It feels really polished, and the edits are like.. almost a different game, but still mafia! I can't wait to see it in action, and hopefully it goes well.
Back to top Go down
http://happypants3.deviantart.com
Lewylln
Obsessive Frog
Lewylln

Dreams of : 0.0

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 1:30 am

yo gimme a spot, any spot =P hopefully we'll get this outa the way before i go away for christmas =P if not ill find a way to post, ill kill some1 and steal their wi-fi
Back to top Go down
directorladyface01
Skittles
directorladyface01

Job/hobbies : coke....chocoholic......chip addict....
Dreams of : chocolate....n your face!

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 6:15 pm

one bro thanks
Back to top Go down
Mirage
Hot Chocolate
Mirage

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:09 pm

sigh, tis so annoying since ppl doesn't seem to be that enthusiastic to play. maybe tis the timing, should i make a smaller game and post-pone this one? or edit the rules of this one
Back to top Go down
Lewylln
Obsessive Frog
Lewylln

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 6:26 pm

go for a smaller one, this set up requires 100% commitment by all players and i dont think that'll happen till school starts again as every1 will b bored =P
Back to top Go down
directorladyface01
Skittles
directorladyface01

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 6:34 pm

yea i think ul have to cut down the game size Sad
Back to top Go down
Lancestrike
Lancestrike

Job/hobbies : Produce trainee ;D
Dreams of : Squall/Celty/Spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 8:09 pm

STERLUNGZ!!!!!!
T.T
8 please
Back to top Go down
Mirage
Hot Chocolate
Mirage

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 7:57 pm

OK, i think I'll postpone this one till then, in the mean time I'll set up a smaller game, 8 perhaps, I'll start writing the rules and set up, be ready by Monday at the latest
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 5:17 pm

...which monday were you reffering to thar mirage? because...i think it's slightly past monday in nz atm. and shortly the rest of the world....
Back to top Go down
Lewylln
Obsessive Frog
Lewylln

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 9:43 pm

^ditto
Back to top Go down
Mirage
Hot Chocolate
Mirage

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:07 pm

Espionage Mafia

Hey Guys, i'm sorry about the delay for this, sadly my social life and other stuff is interfering with this the last few days, anyway due the lack of commitment or enthusiasm for the Medieval Mafia it shall be postponed. I wasnt able to convert that game into a smaller one due to balancing issues and thus the I try my best to create a game to be as unique as possible from normal mafia games while being in much smaller scale; Thus the Espionage themed Mafia is born! obviously this isn’t as polished as the other game due to the limited players availble, that shouldn't be a problem if everyone takes part tho XD. This minor hiccup is a one off, i wont be late for deadlines once the game starts

Quick Overview:

Espionage Mafia involves two opposing intelligence agencies who had infiltrated a terrorist movement in order to recover/obtain a formula for an extremely deadly biological agent. The game only involves 8 players and has 3 player roles. The first character role is the spy. The Spy’s objective is to eliminate the other team’s spy thus acquiring the said formula. Different spies will be assigned different abilities, such as the ability to kill a player, observe them, or the “chameleon ability”. Besides a team objective they also have a personalised individual objective, this may vary from eliminating a certain player, surviving the game, to outright betraying the team. Due to the nature of the game, full character roles would not be listed and will only be sent through PM. Character claiming is strictly forbidden as well as any form of communication between players. The game is small therefore I expect player commitment.

previous ppl who signed up for previous game will be placed here unless you dont want to participate.
ONLY 2 SPOTS LEFT!!!!!!! CMON PPL!!!!

1. directorladyface01
2. Lewyllin
3. pizza-la
4. Leaf Master FRINGE
5. Lancestrike
6. Fweaks
7. Happy
8. twiggz

Last edited by Mirage on Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 1:40 am

lolol, funtimes

you said the first role is....then appear to have proceeded to forget that you mentioned there were three roles....were you still making it up/deciding/figuring out the details as you wrote this?
Back to top Go down
Lancestrike
Lancestrike

Job/hobbies : Produce trainee ;D
Dreams of : Squall/Celty/Spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 12:13 pm

bump me to 8 plz
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:01 am

FFS!! dont think i can play sorry. im going away from 26-5th ish. to the bush. where there is no service whatsoever. NO TEXTING NO INTERNET NO RUNNING WATER!!
FML
sorry sidney, this looked like such an interesting game too T.T
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 8:00 pm

sooo..... how long till peoples come back
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 11:41 pm

i think mod decided to ditch. he might just be waiting a while like kels said?
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 7:26 pm

gaay... i wanna like, C9 or something
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

Job/hobbies : none whatsoever
Dreams of : solving the mystery

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:30 pm

YO YO YO I'm back now and COOL AS this one's still in signup! #7 please! n__n
Back to top Go down
http://happypants3.deviantart.com
directorladyface01
Skittles
directorladyface01

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:21 pm

why is sidney being a D!

why arent u even duen anything on this????
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:55 am

//sidney r facewich, thats why
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-   Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!- Empty

Back to top Go down

Mafia #12 Medieval Mafia Rules And Sign Up. -GET TO IT PAESANTS!-
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next