Mafiaaaah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where we can play mafia.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Doujin Overload!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Happy
Stop Triple Posting Laurence
Happy

Job/hobbies : none whatsoever
Dreams of : solving the mystery

Doujin Overload! Empty
PostSubject: Doujin Overload!   Doujin Overload! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 9:36 pm

lol I know that you guys are doing exams and things and you won't respond for like, three more weeks...... but I have nothing better to do right now wwww
SO doujin must fall within semester holidays? otherwise I can't imagine anyone has any time to go to it. xD I have a bunch of questions not quite related to the con, but I can't decide whether they fall within cosplay or art, so I'm going with this thread instead.

When it comes to cosplay, what's the general opinion on reusing outfits? I haven't had any ideas apart from one that'd be better-suited to Armageddon, and I want to reuse the cosplay I did last to see if they recognise it here. Smile But then you guys'll see me, and a girl who I saw at both cons last year will see me, and you might all think I'm being lazy.. arrrgggghhhhh Doujin Overload! 322489
(Not to mention I felt so ashamed last year. xD It wasn't so bad at Geddon, but nobody's horrible at DO. I felt like I belonged on omgpleasestopcosplaying.tumblr afterwards. Don't worry about reassuring me lmao)
(And Jaidan, if you're reading this, you know what I want to see being cosplayed??? This. Clicky. Oh my god.)

And art-wise, I considered getting a table, but yeah, decided against it tongue Probably a good thing too, since the primary thing I wanted to sell was MSPA (of course <w<), then the creator recently said he's really iffy about people selling his property in any sort of manufactured capacity (and by that, I mean prints and stuff). Which I suppose should apply to every other series too, but... yanno.
Not that I even know if people would recognise it, or buy it. ANYWAY.
Do you guys know what sells the best? I know Kels can't really answer this since she sells hats <.< But like, fandoms and stuff. I'd guess Pokemon, Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, APH, Vocaloid... Panty and Stocking, maybe? I don't even watch most of these lolll.. MLP, too, probably a bunch of other series but there's too many to do all of them!! I considered selling felt sketches - like, I bring a laptop, people can request something, I look it up.. I probably wouldn't be efficient enough for that, though. Do they have wifi access there?

I'm sorry, this is a lot of questions ahaha silent Might not even buy a table next time, or cosplay this time, I know it's all supposed to be fun but I apparently have more than two problems lmaoo. In conclusion: is it lame to reuse a cosplay (should probably leave all of mines at home LOL), what sells most, and do they have internet. Thank you in advance guys!!
Back to top Go down
http://happypants3.deviantart.com
Admin
Blanket Fort
Admin

Job/hobbies : Cosplay and boredom fighting
Dreams of : Butter chicken

Doujin Overload! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin Overload!   Doujin Overload! EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:48 pm

People really don't care if people reuse their cosplays, I mean you can't spend so much money on something and only wear it once!

2. Vocaloid and Kingdom hearts. Basically anything anime though, there's always bound to be someone who recognises the series. Final Fantasy is quite popular too. Panty and Stocking is really popular at the moment on CNZ

I'm not sure about wifi, but it is a hotel so it's likely to have something?

Sorry I'm not very helpful...
Back to top Go down
http://dbmafia.omgforum.net
Happy
Happy

Doujin Overload! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin Overload!   Doujin Overload! EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 7:10 pm

Oh my gosh don't you have exams to do |D

but nah man this is all WAY useful, thanks so much!!! Very Happy ahaha well THE DIFFERENCE IS my cosplay is impossibly budget ($20 total I'm pretty sure, including shoes. $15 shoes) so I can't quite justify it like that.. makes me feel a lot better though, hehe. Plus I completely forgot about KH there, thank you tongue
The last one I.. should've probably thought up on my own Doujin Overload! 322489 YOU'RE A GENIUS KELS lmao no really though ty againnn! <3
Back to top Go down
Admin
Blanket Fort
Admin

Job/hobbies : Cosplay and boredom fighting
Dreams of : Butter chicken

Doujin Overload! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin Overload!   Doujin Overload! EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:04 pm

No I do not have exams xD
Even if I did I would be online anyway Very Happy

And no problem dude!
Back to top Go down
http://dbmafia.omgforum.net
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

Dreams of : mysterious pink

Doujin Overload! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin Overload!   Doujin Overload! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 12:45 am

what sells best?
~Course you have the ultimate favourites, they sell fast. Stuff like kingdom hearts (YAY!), final fantasy characters like cloud and SQUALL (laurence is noddng his head in approval), bascially anything remotely recognisable to the average nerd sends them into fits of excitement.
~Pretty much anything that is in fashion right now. Last year it was hetalia, durarara, vocaloid, and robot unicorn. Try doing black butler stuff, maybe panty and stocking, soul eater etc. Stuff that attracts the hardcore, up-to-date anime watchers n__n
~Stuff thats really detailed tends to sell better than chibi stuff too...
~Also, prints and digital art sells very well in masses, but nicely framed hand-done art can sell for more providing its well done.
~tbh, the thing that sold for me the most was actually just an alice in wonderland piece that i did. it wasn't like fanart off any particular anime or game, but it was just well done, and people liked it more! So yeah, anything that you personally like, chuck it in, people are bound to love it too <3

HOPE IT HELPS! and good luck!
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

Doujin Overload! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin Overload!   Doujin Overload! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:43 pm

Oh gosh, THIS IS LIKE ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE ಥ___ಥ
MEGA THANKS HAHAHAHA!!!! sheesh you crazy gal, you know ALL that consumer psychology Razz Dang I am so sure the three big things are Panty and Stocking/MLP/Homestuck, if I'd done it this year I would be rolling in money......
(Hrm, are black butler and soul eater getting popular again? xD I mean I know they always were, but I could've sworn both series ended a while ago. I guess it's obvious now that I don't watch them lol.)

Man I remember seeing A LOT of alice in wonderland fanart last year, actually!! Which struck me as weird too, coz like you said, it ain't even fanart Smile Might've had to do with tim burton hehe.
Thanks again!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

Doujin Overload! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin Overload!   Doujin Overload! EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:22 pm

haha, i dunno. i haven't watched too much anime since... lets just say ages ago Q.Q
ZOMG JUST FOR ME, you should totally do marvel & DC fanart Doujin Overload! 685945
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

Doujin Overload! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin Overload!   Doujin Overload! EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:12 pm

LOL OK YOU AND I ARE IN THE SAME BOAT THEN
you sounded like you knew lots about the animes so I just
assumed

HAHAHA OH MAN, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SUPERHEROES, I'LL DRAW YOU......... BATMAN
I'LL DRAW YOU TWO BATMANS
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

Doujin Overload! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin Overload!   Doujin Overload! EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 10:19 pm

i want you to draw EVERY XMEN CHARACTER THERE IS!!

WOOHOO!!

..//3456432 pictures later...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Doujin Overload! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doujin Overload!   Doujin Overload! Empty

Back to top Go down

Doujin Overload!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mafiaaaah :: General Discussion :: Randommm!!!11!1-
Jump to: