Mafiaaaah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where we can play mafia.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mafia #20 Game Thread

Go down 
+9
Hiroshi
Constrosity
Skrillaka
Happy
fweaks
Thee_Slushee
peachE
ScreamingHawk
twiggz
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Lancestrike
Stop Triple Posting Laurence
Lancestrike

Job/hobbies : Produce trainee ;D
Dreams of : Squall/Celty/Spitfire

Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:02 pm

T_T i just asked that lungzy
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

Dreams of : mysterious pink

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:07 pm

I thought you were being weird, I apologize >.<
Back to top Go down
Lancestrike
Stop Triple Posting Laurence
Lancestrike

Job/hobbies : Produce trainee ;D
Dreams of : Squall/Celty/Spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:17 pm

xD it doesnt really matter?
idk maybe i should be clearer
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

Job/hobbies : Coding/drawing/music/language
Dreams of : Webcomic artist!

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Yeeeah ninja'd a bit some of this other's have already said but meh.

Lightning rod: At night, no one dies. During the day we get to kill people.
No lightning rod: At night, a townie dies. During the day we get to kill people.

Anyone who thinks the second option is better needs lynching, whether or not we actually have a lightning rod. Only mafia think that its good to have killings going on during the night. And don't act like the small chance for a cop to find a mafia and be actually useful is justification for allowing a death.

I really don't like the sound of Tele's power. It basically implies that some people in the game have mental instability. I'm thinking that that basically means we have a cop or multiple cops who are crazy/paranoid/whatever else.
So we can't trust someone who is roleclaiming cop (as per usual) and even if they ARE a cop we can't trust what they're seeing anyway, at least not without Tele checking them out (which also gives mafia a chance to kill etc etc). Even more reason why if we have a lightning rod it is much to our boon as a town.

So for the above reasons my highest suspicion is for Pizza immediately jumping to kill the lightning rod, seconded by Screaming for the same and then Slushee.

If we do have a saving role then yeah please do keep Tele alive since he seems to be our only help at the moment. And role blockers get on Pizza or Screaming. As for cops well...we don't know if there are crazys around or whatever so... I dunno. o.O Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

Dreams of : your mum

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:09 pm

Hiroshi wrote:
Lightning rod: At night, no one dies. During the day we get to kill people.
No lightning rod: At night, a townie dies. During the day we get to kill people.

Anyone who thinks the second option is better needs lynching, whether or not we actually have a lightning rod.

Your argument is incomplete
Lightning rod: At night, no one dies and ZERO INFORMATION IS GAIN FROM NIGHT STORIES. During the day we get to kill ONE PERSON AT COMPLETE RANDOM DUE TO NO INFORMATION.
No lightning rod: At night town MAY die (TOWN STILL HAS PROTECTIVE POWERS). During the day WE HAVE INFORMATION TO COME TO AN INFORMED DECISION on who to kill.

I'm not even sorry for cruise control.
People who want to play the game with a random number generator (i.e. keep lightning rod) are not confident in their abilities to read a night story. Mafia has the minority and so are LESS likely to be lynched in case A.

Do you at least see my case? I see yours and I raise you some extra information.

Regardless, I'm not voting fweaks because I don't think he is lightning rod. What until we are sure about this (tomorrow) before deciding on a lynch yeah

Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:10 pm

BTW if someone blocks me you can be certain a townie dies.
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Yeah I see your case. Though there isn't zero information. For example, this discourse is information building too. And if you find one mafia you often find at least one other who was backing them up hoping to stop the lynch.
It might be less info, but its certainly not nothing. And with the nightstories I've seen... @.@ I mean come on, what kind of night story is "......"???? xD
And in killing a lightning rod you're already taking one townie down..

But yeah I agree, it looks like everyone was just interested in Fweaks night 1. I mean come on, limericks? Prooobably not a lightning rod.

And who's to say that we don't have more than one doctor hmm? And who's to say that you're not an insane doctor about to get unlucky and kill your patient hmm?!?! Hah.
Back to top Go down
Telestomp
Moogle Poop
Telestomp

Job/hobbies : Developer\all the games
Dreams of : ... if only I could remember

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:34 pm

That sounds like a claim to doctor/angel if ever I've heard one Razz
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

Dreams of : mysterious pink

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Hiroshi wrote:

Lightning rod: At night, no one dies. During the day we get to kill people.Yes. But who to lynch? And based off what logic?

And don't act like the small chance for a cop to find a mafia and be actually useful is justification for allowing a death.

Would you actually prefer to keep BLINDLY lynching people if there was a rod in the game?
On the chance you could get mafia OR power townies?

Obviously a lightning rod wouldn't claim he is one, since admitting it is like putting a target on yourself.
But he is passively blocking important information from getting resolved.
Even if people did see themselves in the night story, they can't trust their actions.

ROLEBLOCKERS- HEY I BLOCKED... no one.
COP- I INVESTIGATED... no one again.
MAFIA/KILLERS- I killed... no one.
HEALER- LOL, I KEPT THE ROD ALIVE.

Rod would keep quiet, even though he knows the actions are being misdirected to him.

But do you recall last game where no one died? Because the actions were being screwed around with?
We couldn't come to a conclusion about who to lynch because EVERYONES night actions were messed up (By both me and mod).
And our resolution was to go into night phase over and over because we couldn't come to a majority.
No one knew who to trust.

Not to mention cop finding town or mafia is rather helpful, in the respect that they can clear names as well as condemn them.
Lightning rods don't only hinder mafia, they hinder any information town can get from at night too.

Your suspicion of me isn't justifiable enough, when what I say is equally true, just seen from a different perspective.

Anyways, back to this game, I've already said I'm doubting the possibility of there being a lightning rod.
When I wanted to lynch Jonno, my logic was based on the above.
And I'm considering the possibility that everyone DID just target him.

WAHHHH, NINJA'D! Don't even care, im posting it anyways.
But I am glad someone can see my logic. //silent clapping
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:44 pm

I see what you mean. I suppose a middle ground of keeping until the leads are gone. Though I'd the first lynch wouldn't I?? lol

Hiroshi wrote:
And who's to say that you're not an insane doctor about to get unlucky and kill your patient hmm?!?! Hah.

well fweaks is still alive Very Happy
He did seem to be the night 1 target.

@role-blockers - do or do not block me. If you think I'll be killed then save me. Otherwise whatever, I might be trying to save you.

NINJA'd: also don't care. Ignoring Pizza Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 471454
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

Job/hobbies : reading/origami/computer
Dreams of : *SPOILERS*

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:53 pm

//i'm with laurence on the food thing
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:01 pm

Food glorious food~!

Fine then. No way are we getting a majority now anyway. NIGHT
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

Job/hobbies : Chillaxing
Dreams of : Chillaxing

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:51 pm

Omg lol....been watching ALL the insane postage but due to guilt that I should be doing work, I've decided against posting. That, and any post I make will be like a 2 sentencer, which is TOTALLY not what I wanna do! Plus, everytime I have tried, I've been ninja'd quicker than anything EVER and just couldn't be bothered reading other peoples posts to keep my post relevant =P

Now I feel like I just HAVE to say something! (mainly coz everyone in the office is chilling coz its a Friday =P)

First of all: OMG WHAT WAS WITH ALL THE RAGE EARLIER?!?! Lol I know its a TAD late to react to this, but it should be said. As I said earlier, I'm pretty sure everyone just targeted fweaks coz he was DEFINITELY the most interesting out of everyone =P so I don't think he is a lightning rod and judging from the nature of the other stuffs, he looks to be a townie with a post restriction. Kinda odd, thought he may have had something pretty overpowered to warrant a post restriction O.o

But I do understand the argument for taking out the Lightning Rod if there is one. As was said, if there is a Lightning Rod, not only Mafia feel the effects of it: all town power roles will be screwed over as well. And due to the events of last game, I am TOTALLY not cool with having powers screwed around with! (Pizza.....!! *shakes fist for the billionth time*). Though by the sounds of Tele's roleclaim, looks like peoples powers are gonna get screwed around with regardless, so good thing he's on the scene!

I was gonna post earlier by the surprising lack of Hiroshi posting, but he rendered that redundant...and seems like hes Angel dude?? though Screaming also seems to have claimed doc? 2 doctors?? One naive, one insane?? Hmmmm.....Ahhhh this game...feels just as mind screw as the last game, coz we don't know if everyone's power is legit anymore!
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 5:14 pm

Wait what? How am I angel dude? I'm angel dude lol. Whether Screaming is or not is yet to be decided.

And yeah, for some reason the cookie expired or something and I was logged out; so every time I checked back it didn't say new posts. I was weirded out at how quiet the forum was until I realised. o.o
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 6:10 pm

Oh lol you're not?? Well I skim read most posts and saw Tele's ' that smells like a roleclaim' after you posted and concluded in my head you were angel dude =P but now that I think about it, he was probably referring to Screaming, haha! So just ignore that =P
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 6:12 pm

Wait does my post there really say "I'm angel dude lol"? FAIL That's supposed to say I'm not angel dude. But whatever.
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 6:13 pm

HAHA!! dw, I was interpreting that as you loling at the fact that I called that role angel dude so don't worry. Didn't even think it implied a role claim =P
Back to top Go down
Constrosity
Nurse Joy's Father
Constrosity

Job/hobbies : Reading for hours
Dreams of : Piiinecoones

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Might just be me, but I really didnt get Hiroshi being doctor/angel eh. Sounded more like just supposings on the game.

And I come back, "ARGH! 5 pages to read!", oh, its just laurence wanting food. Good o.

I still vote for not killing of jonno (based on assumptions of being lightning rod), I agree with Hiroshi, just cause there isnt a kill, the night story lets you know if there was any attempts or anything.
Back to top Go down
Constrosity
Nurse Joy's Father
Constrosity

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Oh, re-read slushee's posts, you can disregard that part in mine about angels then
Back to top Go down
twiggz
Of Unknown Origins
twiggz

Job/hobbies : LOL
Dreams of : music everywhere, plzkthnx

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Lynch Update:
ScreamingHawk: 2 votes (fweaks, Constrosity), 5 votes til lynch
Lancestrike: 1 vote (pizza-la), 6 votes til lynch

night: 2 votes (screamingHawk, Skrillaka), 5 til night

Deadline is in 15 hours, 20 minutes.
Back to top Go down
http://lovelifeandlullabies.blogspot.com/
Constrosity
Nurse Joy's Father
Constrosity

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:45 pm

Yup.
Back to top Go down
Constrosity
Nurse Joy's Father
Constrosity

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:45 pm

Uh huh
Back to top Go down
Constrosity
Nurse Joy's Father
Constrosity

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Mmm hmm
Back to top Go down
Constrosity
Nurse Joy's Father
Constrosity

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Is it just me or does it not seem overly likely that anything is gonna be happening today? From the activity of this day phase I find it hard to believe that we're gonna get the 5/6 more votes needed for something to go through
Back to top Go down
twiggz
Of Unknown Origins
twiggz

Job/hobbies : LOL
Dreams of : music everywhere, plzkthnx

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:57 pm

probably not.

deadline is at 11am tomorrow so ... y'all need to step it up and get your asses into gear.
Back to top Go down
http://lovelifeandlullabies.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mafia #20 Game Thread
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next