Mafiaaaah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where we can play mafia.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mafia #20 Game Thread

Go down 
+9
Hiroshi
Constrosity
Skrillaka
Happy
fweaks
Thee_Slushee
peachE
ScreamingHawk
twiggz
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Happy
Stop Triple Posting Laurence
Happy

Job/hobbies : none whatsoever
Dreams of : solving the mystery

Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 7:52 pm

lmao oh being at school for the whole day means literally everybody gets to the good stuff before me ):

All I can say is, if Jonno posts limerick-free then we at least know the last verse for sure! I doubt it has to do with mod feeling sorry for us, no. Razz If others have more subtle restrictions that we haven't noticed, someone's power could be to cure them. Nobody speaking in iambic pentameter, right? ಠ___ಠ
(And in response to Jonno's last poem... I took your word for it when you said you're on the level. Very Happy You didn't need to worry about being uhh, defamed. But assuming the restriction is lifted, I suppose it's no difference now.)

Question, would a lightning rod want to roleclaim? That would basically be signing their death sentence but they know that their existence is stagnating the game in the first place. .__. Basically being lightning rod sounds kind of shiet.

And to drag on this part of our discussion further... if this Light is female, then I don't think it has much to do with death note. xD

I'm gonna split my thoughts into a second post now, because this one's already stupid long.
Back to top Go down
http://happypants3.deviantart.com
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

Job/hobbies : reading/origami/computer
Dreams of : *SPOILERS*

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 7:58 pm

ok, so internet is down at home so i'm at uni atm.
first off, yay, no more limericks~

second, thats all i know, all i've been told.

third, lightning rod theory is not true, but it's still totally plausible that everything came my way anyway. i'm normally a high profile mafia target anyway and this game more so because people were willing to lynch solely based on my restriction-.-, and the doctor would know this and save me. the person who fixed my speech impediment would target me for that reason. and cops would like to know whether i'm helping or hindering because i'm not useless at this.

fourth, i dont know if my limericks are gone for good, but meh, i'll enjoy it while it lasts

fifthone last limerick which i was waiting for day phase to say:

to whomever requested extension
i ask that you please pay attention
if you had the time
to perpetrate this crime
then surely you had time for your intention!

//rage at night extensions

also, mod, limericks are aabba, not aabca. if i managed it, so can you.

oh, and pizza is best analysis i've seen so far

rant over, we now return you to your regularly scheduled program
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 8:04 pm

also pizza-la, i know you have a well developed hatred of stagnation and boringness in games, but you're completely wrong about what to do with a lightning rod. basically it's the whole bird in the hand vs two in the bush. even one nigh/day with vs without, we get:
with)one kill which is definitely not on a specific one of the townies
without)one kill definitely on a townie, one kill perhaps on a townie, one investigation which may or may not help for many reasons such as a)cop may not be safe to reveal, b) cop may die that night before s/he can reveal and c)we have to assume we can trust any cops that have come out.

tl;dr: the whole point is moot, but you're completely wrong re: lightning rod
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

Job/hobbies : Chillaxing
Dreams of : Chillaxing

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 8:40 pm

oh lol, that explains that!! Good thing you still can post, Jonno! =D and not just limericks!! ok, I'm inclined to believe that everyone actually went for Jonno =P
So by the looks of it, we got mafia, possible serial killer (lol only really basing this off the THEY, coz mafia usually send just one guy to do the job, so someone else must've targeted him...or the whole mafia mobbed him O.O), a couple of investigators and a doctor who can....heal limerick-itis??

Hmmmm...could everyone ACTUALLY have targeted just Jonno last night?? Again, I'd believe it coz of the circumstances, but it doesn't quite sound right with this many players...I'm sure someone else is hiding in the night story among the poetry!
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Our it could be the mod accidentally giving us the information that it doesn't matter which of the mafia sent the kill in which means no role blocker, etc.

Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

Dreams of : mysterious pink

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:20 pm

TO FWEAKS!!!!
Investigations are useless if theres a rod in the game, full stop.
But I see what you're saying, and I do get it. Its everything to do with chance.
No need for the snarky tone Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 124719

It's still entirely possibly you could be the lightning rod, regardless of whether you know/say it or not.
Reading back through the night story, the only mention of re-direction is the 'MAGIC!' parts. Which is probably to do more with someones role.
Mod may want the redirections to be as VAGUE as possible, only giving out hints concerning the roles. (Or couldn't be bothered coming up with ways to make the re-directions rhyme??)

Maybe everyone targeted DID you because of reasons.
Personally I don't really see why everyone in the whole entire town would automatically go solely for you, but I'll let that go for now. We all just ASSUME it was you in most of the night stories because of your association with poetry. It could be someone else for all we ACTUALLY know.

Theres also the possibility of you wanting to save your own hide from lynching. Since you're the only one who might know, no-one can exactly disprove the possibility of you being lightning rod right now. I would deny being the lightning rod too, if I were in you position.
I can't really see Chloe giving anyone a completely vanilla role, but maybe she makes up for it by giving you that stupid post restriction.

The main point is, I don't want to make an enemy of you right now. But I am still slightly suspicious of you.
These are just my thoughts, and we'll see a proper resolution in this night phase hopefully.

Rip the post to shreds however you see fit.

I advised the extension too, btw -.-
Not because my action was late, but because mod was complaining that she still had outstanding night actions.
I told her sometimes people came on in the early morning, and if she wanted them, she should wait until then.

So when she says 'EXTENSION AS REQUESTED' what she really meant was 'I was audibly annoyed at the lack of night actions, and so under Sterlings advice, I decided to make night phase longer.'
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:25 pm

And another thing, there seem to be a few inactive people...

COUGH ADMIN COUGH LANCESTRIKE
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Ok for the following I got inevitably ninja'd by The Man Himself (and everyone else) so brace for dated hypotheses.

NIGHT STARRY wrote:
He was harmless and (mostly) sane,
He didn’t have anything to gain.
He tried to tell them,
But his speech was strange
So from poetry he would abstain.
I had a thought that "them" refers to us; as in, all of the other players. And as I briefly mentioned earlier, Jonno "swears to you [he's] on the level" - he tried to tell [us] he was harmless, etc. And so this verse is about yesterday's day phase. HOWEVER this changes my thoughts on his big first poem, and I think I am going to have to pull out some of my previous analysis, just so I can get everything straight.

My first theory was that Jonno was making early hints at his role; I've never fully gotten this, but people will do it, and when they properly claim later I guess that serves as proof they didn't just make it up (or they're very dedicated to their false claim, I suppose). Evidence: "if something's amiss / smells a bit of piss / it probably has been from the word go". Never figured out exactly what role it was meant to be, but my instincts were on that second verse (broth, mice, etc). "I swear to you I'm on the level" would then mean it was a sincere roleclaim, on top of being an on-the-level townie.

Now though, I'm considering that Jonno is connected to Chloe in some way? "Don't underestimate the mod by far", for one. And "something amiss... probably has been from the word go" meaning not day 0, but that this game was headed from its conception to become completely effed up. And he knows this! With the current night story suddenly being written in limericks, I'm willing to think this has at least a shot of likelihood, but what it means for us is beyond me.

This all had something to do with the quoted verse but suddenly I've forgotten. =__= I think... because of this link, he didn't neccessarily have an action, but something about this whole game warrants a verse about himself.

RANDOM OTHER THINGS I'M SHOEHORNING IN:
  • "second, thats all i know, all i've been told." (From jonno.) Shoots down everything I said all of a sudden, but I'll be childish about this and suggest it's an incredibly specific statement. Smile I'm not accusing you of hiding stuff from us, but certainly it's not like our statements can't coexist.
  • "I'm sure someone else is hiding in the night story among the poetry!" (From Channi.) My thoughts too! The fourth verse is prime suspect for this... as is first. It looks like Sterling's already beat me to that though (first verse is yellow, fourth is orange. Last verse only has yellow to raise a point).
  • On that note, three out of five verses relate to Jonno. Assuming the third is himself, that's two out of four actions. If 'Light' is a curer of strange non-fatal things, then of course Jonno's the most obvious person to target! That essentially means only the investigator went out of their way to look into him - assuming he is in fact the one who likes poetry. Because we don't even know that for sure.
    Anyway, what I mean to say is that the more we think about it, the less there is to say that everyone targeted him - so, I'll believe him about not being 'rod. And of course there are night actions that might not have been public.
  • The only verse I can see that's broken the rhyming scheme is the third, and it's AABAA. Surprised I didn't notice it either, actually. Razz
  • Chloe, you rhymed sod with sod.
Back to top Go down
Skrillaka
Dwarf Bread
Skrillaka

Job/hobbies : Anime, manga, games, etc.
Dreams of : remembering dreams

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:20 pm

I wonder what roles Admin and Lancestrike have? I assume that because they seem to be inactive they didn't submit night actions, and last night was strange even without their input.

I suppose someone might be a white mage, which would make just as much sense as a roleblocker because of the reference to magic. Having a white mage would be nice, too, because we'll have more protection.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:23 pm

happypants wrote:
Chloe, you rhymed sod with sod.
this^

sterlzypoos wrote:
Investigations are useless if theres a rod in the game, full stop.
hence why the investigation was for the 'without' category

the big long post was about how you were all saying, oh, this is gonna be simple, or maybe this might be complicated or whatever. and i was basically saying, i reckon the mod is gonna fill this game with allsorts despite what she may have said pre game start. my reason for this was my post restriction itself and it looks like i've been validated what with the night story and all.

happypants wrote:
but something about this whole game warrants a verse about himself.
the narcissistic thing to say here would be "the fact that i'm in it"....so i think i'll roll with that.
Back to top Go down
Telestomp
Moogle Poop
Telestomp

Job/hobbies : Developer\all the games
Dreams of : ... if only I could remember

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:33 pm

HOLY McMoly, I have a busy day at work and then training and when I get home everything has hit the fan.
I am inclined to believe Jonno at this point, purely because I myself specifically targeted him.
I tend to roleclaim early, just my play style so as per usual I am almost a vanilla townie for all intensive purposes but I have a night action that reveals players mental state, not even too sure what this is for Sad however it did allow me to see myself in the night story
(mostly) sane etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

Job/hobbies : Chillaxing
Dreams of : Chillaxing

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:40 pm

....mental state??? That's a strange power...but if there is a role revealing mental state, that can only mean that someone's role may not be telling them the whole truth...am looking at the investigators here. Oughta be careful of what they find =S
Back to top Go down
twiggz
Of Unknown Origins
twiggz

Job/hobbies : LOL
Dreams of : music everywhere, plzkthnx

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:41 pm

@fweaks.

I just like to rhyme stuff, so .... I don’t really care that they aren't perfectly constructed. Clearly not everyone has the blinding intellect that you obviously do. I send the most sincere apologies for my illiteracy.

I don’t appreciate the snark and I don’t appreciate you b!tching me out for extending the night phase. I try to be accommodating rather than cutting people out. So, I’d rather you didn’t rant about my decisions in the forums. If you have a problem with a decision I’ve made; PM me about it instead.

/b!tchMod. Yeah, what of it. Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 650295

@everyone else

I’m just going to point this out now; the fact that the woman in the night story is called Light has nothing to do with anyone’s signatures or anything similar. I also use ‘he’ and ‘she’ as I feel like, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the person with that role is of the same gender.

Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 508897
Back to top Go down
http://lovelifeandlullabies.blogspot.com/
Lancestrike
Lancestrike

Job/hobbies : Produce trainee ;D
Dreams of : Squall/Celty/Spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:46 pm

Sorry, perfectly good grinding session was had today, and i may or may not have COMPLETLY FORGOTTEN THIS GAME
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:07 pm

Hehehe! Woah, ok, all the mysteries are solved! Very Happy Well in lieu of Telestomp, I'll drop everything I said about Jonno-Chloe. At least this round, we were lucky enough to have both you and the healer-lady get Jonno (I was wondering about 'abstaining from poetry' because I was like.. SO DID HE HEAL ON HIS OWN OR WHAT..).

I think this toughens my (other..) theory on Light curing post restrictions, etc. You reveal if they need fixin', she goes and fixes them! Very Happy Right? If it helps I'll offer myself up for the targetin', if you guys want to work in tandem. That offer does not extend to mafia.

I'd also like to second Chanisha's comment on investigators, and apologise for always being creepy and agreeing with you <w< But seriously, that is an extremely good point and everyone should treat their results with a grain of salt. (Including mind-reader himself? Yo dawg, I heard you like incertainty?!)

I saw Jonno's extended-night-phase limerick as implying mafia were the requesters, actually. xD Sorry that you've ended up peeved off, though. Never a good feeling.

Also.
fweaks wrote:
the narcissistic thing to say here would be "the fact that i'm in it"....so i think i'll roll with that.
Hey. Hey, shush. -socks you in the arm-
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:15 pm

Dude, it wasn't mafia who extended night phase, it was me >.<"

I said it before.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:33 pm

twiggz wrote:
@fweaks.

I don’t appreciate the snark and I don’t appreciate you b!tching me out for extending the night phase. I try to be accommodating rather than cutting people out. So, I’d rather you didn’t rant about my decisions in the forums. If you have a problem with a decision I’ve made; PM me about it instead.

i didn't ARISTOPHANES you out about night phase in thread, so *rasberry* i was ARISTOPHANES out person who requested, assuming that they wanted more time for temselves.

also you're the mod who gave me a frogminting post restriction to speak only in limericks, i'm warranted a certain(read:extreme) amount of prejudice and snark and ARISTOPHANES. esp since it almost got me both killed and lynched. and since i've never been lynched before i'd at the very least rather it were my own fault instead of mod

also, you're the mod full stop. players will complain about you, get used to it.

also if you're asking me to ARISTOPHANES you out in private, then follow your own god damn advice.

//mood swings and aggro tonight, have fun with that shitbags
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:39 pm

hey guys i just realised, pizza-la is playing conservative! she decided not to target me?

fishy as frogmint

lynch pizza-la
Back to top Go down
twiggz
Of Unknown Origins
twiggz

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:39 pm

Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 616

/RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

I don't want to deal with you right now. Go away.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:40 pm

and yes i am assuming everything is about me. because i'm narcissistic and arrogant.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:41 pm

quadruple post
Back to top Go down
twiggz
Of Unknown Origins
twiggz

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:43 pm

Lynch Update:

pizza-la: 1 vote (fweaks), 6 votes til lynch
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:08 am

Oh for the love of Rowling.

DO. NOT. LYNCH. ME. And don't make me role claim.

Your ONLY logic behind that is because in le OLD games (before SE joined) I have played aggressively.
Thats because in the old games no one would do ANYTHING, no one would post and nothing would happen. And quite frankly the vast majority, at the first sign of frustration, would ditch the game.
And so in various attempts to prevent that from happening, to get SOMETHING going, I would play recklessly and wildly. The problem with the OLD games is that no one liked thinking or pointing out anything, and they were more inclined to follow the majority than contribute. And so I felt that I needed to MANIPULATE them for anything to happen.

Now that people actually remember how to contribute and join in, I really don't feel the need to push for things to happen.
Everyone here is pretty much capable of being left to their own analyses, and active enough to keep things flowing WITHOUT DYING OUT.

So just because I am not demanding blood from your throat doesn't mean I am at all mafia. It means I'm comfortable enough with letting other townies be heard, and building off what they have to say.

In fact, you've said this to me every recent game we've played together. And the last time you said this to me, I was a VANILLA in Hawks meme game.
Back to top Go down
twiggz
Of Unknown Origins
twiggz

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:09 am

TL;DNR

Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 685945

jokes. i love you, sterling.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:11 am

old games my ass. every game up till now you've done this.
remember the game where i killed you off because you came after me? that was after se joined.

and i didn't say this in that game. in that game i said you are like this, and then you were. this game i'm saying you are like this and you aren't
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mafia #20 Game Thread
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next