Mafiaaaah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where we can play mafia.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mafia #20 Game Thread

Go down 
+9
Hiroshi
Constrosity
Skrillaka
Happy
fweaks
Thee_Slushee
peachE
ScreamingHawk
twiggz
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

Job/hobbies : Chillaxing
Dreams of : Chillaxing

Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:15 pm

Hmmmm well that is true, but it's always good to post whatever you're thinking even though it may have already been said just so we know where you generally stand. Though if you have any other theories, then don't be afraid to share =D You might just be right!

There's nothing more suspicious than someone who actively refuses to post....
Back to top Go down
peachE
Wartortle
peachE

Job/hobbies : starving artist
Dreams of : food

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:52 pm

I don't even know what to think anymore... I guess I would suspect the people that haven't posted much. (Then again, I don't either)

Unless someone has a good lynch idea to throw around...
I have none at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.treetop-hideout.com
Skrillaka
Dwarf Bread
Skrillaka

Job/hobbies : Anime, manga, games, etc.
Dreams of : remembering dreams

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 9:37 pm

Well, we're running out of time, and seeing as nobody else has suggested anything recently, I'm going to go with my suspicions:
Lynch Lancestrike

With him "forgetting" about the game, he shouldn't even mind as much as most that he's chosen. I just hope that other people come on soon so that we can get a proper discussion going before the deadline.
Back to top Go down
Happy
Stop Triple Posting Laurence
Happy

Job/hobbies : none whatsoever
Dreams of : solving the mystery

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 9:51 pm

I remember when I was a silly goose. Very Happy

Thee_Slushee wrote:
Ooooh, I like that! Maybe last night, because both Tele and Light targeted fweaks, Tele "opened his mind" and Light cured the post restriction! But it'll be pretty tricky with this many people for them to target the same person each night, unless they coordinate it via the forum, but that can be pretty dangerous coz then mafia knows exactly who they're targeting =S
It's true, it's true =w= I considered it further and if this is what actually happens, it might not have to be done on the same night - just that Conrad targets that user before Light does.
It'd be a pretty strange and out-there game mechanic though, so let's not take this idea for truth.

Thee_Slushee wrote:
And if mafia are being forced to move as a group, would that mean that roleblocking ANYONE from the mafia would result in no kill?? Judging on how many people there are in this, mafia must be pretty huge! So if any one of them are blocked, then the kill doesn't happen. That...sounds a little imbalanced, hehe. Unless we've got quite a few neutral roles here too.
Haha, also true. Highly likely it's not the case, really, I just threw it out there. xD

Lmao @andrew because everyone used to pick on lancestrike. Actually we should be keeping the tradition alive. Razz No, if we really can't think of anyone else I guess he'll have to be the way to go, sorry to say.
Back to top Go down
http://happypants3.deviantart.com
peachE
Wartortle
peachE

Job/hobbies : starving artist
Dreams of : food

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 9:56 pm

hey what if that guy... was like a sniper?
he doesn't have to really "leave" his house to kill... per say.... ??
Back to top Go down
http://www.treetop-hideout.com
Telestomp
Moogle Poop
Telestomp

Job/hobbies : Developer\all the games
Dreams of : ... if only I could remember

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:25 pm

Son of a ARISTOPHANES, I'm gonna have to sincerely apologize here and say that this is the first time I have checked the forum in a day and a half and that I must last night action coz I have just been so busy, sorry bout that. The poetry night stories are a nice touch.
The only thing I have to add is that maybe the mention of priest is rated to an angel role, as in he can contact angels and perform a save, if so that's a bad person to lose unfortunately.
Don't really know what's gonna happen if don't come to a majority decision but I actually have no idea who to vote for!
Damn these games are complicated.
That's all from me, won't miss night action again, sorry forth third time.
Back to top Go down
Skrillaka
Dwarf Bread
Skrillaka

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:39 pm

peachE wrote:
hey what if that guy... was like a sniper?
he doesn't have to really "leave" his house to kill... per say.... ??

The paragraph about him doesn't specify anything about him killing anyone, and another two paragraphs deal directly with the two people who died last night. But it is a good point that he doesn't have to leave his house, so he has a role that has long-range powers of some sort.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Blanket Fort
Admin

Job/hobbies : Cosplay and boredom fighting
Dreams of : Butter chicken

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:05 pm

Whopee dee dee it's a-mee.

So Sterling and Connor died, and it appears they were lovers or what not. I have a few suspicions but I am going to go through the last few pages to make sure they aren't just bullcrud ideas
Back to top Go down
http://dbmafia.omgforum.net
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

Job/hobbies : Chillaxing
Dreams of : Chillaxing

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:26 pm

O.o....Tele missed last night's action?? oh wow =S Ok then! We got nothing from the mentality inspector =S And since there was no mention of his role in the story, I guess we can safely assume that Tele is who he says he is.

So I'm gonna guess that Light lady isn't gonna make an appearance to let us know stuff (fair enough, think its a tad too dangerous to come out and roleclaim). Though Tele did bring up an interesting point, where maybe the priest was who was enabling the angel? Though was there actually an angel? or is he just referring to Light lady?

Man, today was pretty quiet =S Where did everyone go? Ok, so as for my suspicion list, it would again go with the not-so-frequent posters, for lack of any alternative:
- Admin (though she just posted now so gonna see what her thoughts are)
- Lancestrike
- peachE
- Hiroshi
- Screaming (though he actually said that he'll be absent for a while so that's all good)

Again, I'm leaning towards Lancestrike, mainly coz he doesn't appear to be THAT invested in the game, so it won't be all THAT much of a loss if he went. Plus a bit of that infamous gut feeling of mine....again, I REALLY got no other clue Would really rather not lynch him based on this, but might actually have to resort to it if we really got nothing else =S
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

Job/hobbies : reading/origami/computer
Dreams of : *SPOILERS*

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:22 am

the tradition was day one/night one lynch or kill, lol. to the point where we almost made him suicidal townie XD

however, a thought i have had. how likely is mod to have randomized the roles(chip in if you like mod) just was thinking, for example, something hallarious to do as mod would be to give an obvious lynch target like hedge there a role like bomb or something.

just sayin. and ignore this if it is randomizede
Back to top Go down
twiggz
Of Unknown Origins
twiggz

Job/hobbies : LOL
Dreams of : music everywhere, plzkthnx

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:53 am

I randomised all of my roles, then altered one person's role because I didn't think they'd play it as well as they'd play the role they ended up getting.

Though I wish I'd thought of making an obvious target like Laurence someone that would screw you all over for lynching him.

In saying that, it's funny how things work out, huh? Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 685945
Back to top Go down
http://lovelifeandlullabies.blogspot.com/
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 8:31 am

ARISTOPHANES -.-
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

Job/hobbies : Coding/drawing/music/language
Dreams of : Webcomic artist!

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:13 am

Ok ok, was at a friend's 18th party yesterday but its over now.

Slushee your 'gut feelings' were against me last game and I was one of the only two townies, so I have no trust for your gut feeling lol.
However, I was suspicious of Pizza yesterday and now we find out that she was mafia, so I'm definitely moving on to ScreamingHawk for the same reasons.

Lynch ScreamingHawk because we have to lynch someone, and Screaming is both my primary suspect and (if I'm right) a very dangerous guy to have around because he can actually persuade people.
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

Dreams of : your mum

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:20 am

Ok so I've had a quick scan (5 mins) over the last 3 pages. Ignored the larger posts because time constraints. I'm going away until Wednesday morning so I'm going to be less than useful.

On a semi related note, I think that mafia are lurkers.

@mod: Because I'm going to be away for quite a while you can either consider my vote on the majority (unless it's myself =/ ) or replace me with one of the dead players temporarily.

In the mean time. Someone voted a LanceStrike (lurker) already, so LYNCH LANCESTRIKE
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:33 am

Going away till wed morning... I say keep him alive then. But only if he stays that way. If he twitches kill him.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Blanket Fort
Admin

Job/hobbies : Cosplay and boredom fighting
Dreams of : Butter chicken

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:49 am

Loopdeedah!

Honestly, my top two suspicions are ScreamingHawk and Thee_Slushee. But I don't have any solid reasoning behind it, and if their roles have been hinted/confirmed townie then SORRY! Too many pages to go through and not miss anything!

I don't want to type out everything I'm thinking because most of it is probably wrong and ugh I should really go reread the early part of this game.
Back to top Go down
http://dbmafia.omgforum.net
Telestomp
Moogle Poop
Telestomp

Job/hobbies : Developer\all the games
Dreams of : ... if only I could remember

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:28 am

Haha Hiroshi can't judge slushees gut feelings against you being mafia last game, coz she was mafia, she already knew she wanted everyone else dead, didnt matter their alliance.
I agree with Jono of keep screaming around while he is guaranteed inactive as it means even if he is mafia it is one less person to risk wasting a role block or a heal on etc etc.
I agree that I am against lurkers coz it is a good way to play mafia, but so is band waggoning which there seems to be a bit of behind this vote for Laurence, would prefer to hear a defense from him first.
I think what we need to do is look back through the previous pages and see if there was anyone sticking up for the defense of pizza who has now been confirmed mafia, I think that could be a good source of leads, but can't do it myself as I don't have access to a pc and am doing this of my phone making it real hard to read heaps and dont have a lot of data left sorry.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:39 am

Btw, loving the post restriction admin.
Back to top Go down
Lancestrike
Lancestrike

Job/hobbies : Produce trainee ;D
Dreams of : Squall/Celty/Spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:13 pm

>.> the frogmint
i go to work and you all turn on me?
well i mean i couldn't really care any less but you know guys, it s your game to lose Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 685945
Back to top Go down
Lancestrike
Lancestrike

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Also before screaming lurker you should legitimately check the bottom of the homepage, it'll say active users in the last 24 hours
Back to top Go down
twiggz
Of Unknown Origins
twiggz

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:18 pm

Lynch Update:

ScreamingHawk: 1 vote (Hiroshi), 5 votes til lynch
Lancestrike: 2 votes (Skrillaka, ScreamingHawk), 4 votes til lynch

Deadline is in 7 hours and 40 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Lancestrike
Lancestrike

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Story says to me there was a watcher or something and most likely investigated himself, so i think that was tele trying to figure his role out or whatever

"they" in the second part mens its a group i.e. mafia that were role blocked.

another watching role? in the third paragraph... probably because although she saw someone killed nothing happened.

"out of his head" crazy serial killer? watch out guiz :/
there be a crazy on the loose

sterling/connor were killed because they're connected from some relationship role,
Back to top Go down
twiggz
Of Unknown Origins
twiggz

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Thee_slushee wrote:
(though on the flipside, what happens if we DON'T come to a majority decision by time, mod? Will you just keep extending it til we do?)

No, I'll pick a player completely at random using the same website I use to allocate roles to players to kill at the deadline if y'all don't pick someone to lynch so .... get moving.

Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 616

Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 471454
Back to top Go down
Lancestrike
Lancestrike

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:31 pm

Thee_Slushee wrote:

Again, I'm leaning towards Lancestrike, mainly coz he doesn't appear to be THAT invested in the game, so it won't be all THAT much of a loss if he went.

oh so wrong Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 121
Back to top Go down
Skrillaka
Dwarf Bread
Skrillaka

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:53 pm

fweaks wrote:
Btw, loving the post restriction admin.

Admin has a post restriction? What do you mean, and how can you tell?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #20 Game Thread   Mafia #20 Game Thread - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mafia #20 Game Thread
Page 11 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next