Mafiaaaah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where we can play mafia.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Minor Mafia #2 Dethy

Go down 
+2
Hiroshi
fweaks
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

Job/hobbies : reading/origami/computer
Dreams of : *SPOILERS*

Minor Mafia #2 Dethy Empty
PostSubject: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:08 am

STOP

Woooo, lets game on

We start in night. and with the 'cop head start' rule (no mafia kill night 0)

gimme those night actions~

deadline....as soon as i get every night action!

000 hiroshi
001 directorladyface01
010 thee_slushee
011 happy
100 screaminghawk
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

Job/hobbies : reading/origami/computer
Dreams of : *SPOILERS*

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:40 pm

night over, day begins!

deadline tomorrow 8pm.

vote night allowed

vote extension allowed

you cannot investigate yourself.

GO
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

Job/hobbies : Coding/drawing/music/language
Dreams of : Webcomic artist!

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:51 pm

Looool gay! The day I'm helping Ygrine move to a new flat is the day this starts and I missed the first night already. So much for cop head start. <.<
Couldn't have waited for everyone to make an investigation night one?
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

Job/hobbies : Chillaxing
Dreams of : Chillaxing

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:06 pm

LOL Awww, can't investigate yourself? Haha I didn't even think about that! but Lame =P probably wouldn't help if you were naiive cop anyway, coz everyone would be innocent =P

Hmmm Hiroshi "missed the first night" aye? well, mod clearly says that the deadline is when he gets everybody's night action...so I don't believe this for a second!
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

Dreams of : your mum

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:47 pm

I tried to investigate myself... lol

Ok people. So there is absolutely NO reason you should hide or lie about who you investigated or what you got. [except if you are mafia obviously] If you think otherwise says so now. I do love to see others opinions.
So let's have it.

I investigated Hiroshi and got innocent.

Despite what I said in an earlier thread, I'm going to meta it up this one and save my vote / reaction analysis for the happy game. Given the game type it seems like the right decision.

After 2 nights:
  • Two innocent results: normal (2 innocent found) or naieve
  • Two guilty results: insane (2 innocent found) or paranoid
  • One innocent, one guilty: normal or insane (either way, one of which is mafia)

If at ANY point one of the results is different from the others YOU HAVE FOUND MAFIA. LYNCH HIM / HER.
By this point there will be 3 alive. Yourself, the scum and another cop. The scum will claim they have found someone. Do not vote with the first person who claims they have someone if you are still unsure. Take your time and judge for yourself. If there are two unsure people, it is likely you are both town (though not for certain now that I have said it)

Another list:
  • There is ZERO reason to investigate the same person twice.
  • ZERO reason not to share your request and result.
  • ZERO reason NOT to investigate *eyes Hiroshi*

I'm also trying to argue there is ZERO reason to EVER vote night. Find details in the discussions thread.

Given all that I'm saying, I'm expecting to die Night 1. Please please please take everything I am saying to heart once I die. lol.

Thoughts, comments, opinions are welcome.

TL;DR: Read my post or you are scum Smile
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:55 pm

Alright, let's kick off with the investigations!

I for one am very wary of ANYTHING that Screaming says, coz whenever he has been mafia, he has been able to talk his way out of EVERYTHING and manage to win EVERY. TIME! And don't be fooled by his analysis-ness. He can analyse just as hardcore when he's scum =P

Having said that, I do agree that there is absolutely no point in hiding what you found. Best to get it out there in the open so we'll be able to figure out who is who.

I investigated Screaming last night, and he turned out to be innocent. Again, this is first night, so for all I know, I could be naiive, insane or normal at this point =P So gonna wait until I find what everyone else got, as well as subsequent investigations. Hiroshi is at the top of my list atm though....no investigation? O rly?
Back to top Go down
Happy
Stop Triple Posting Laurence
Happy

Job/hobbies : none whatsoever
Dreams of : solving the mystery

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:36 pm

I got geoff is guilty. xD There we go, first round of contradictions. And that leaves aakrithi's outcome left to be heard, assuming she has one.

Okay, so now what? One result is too little to establish a pattern, I imagine we're all aware. So according to Michael's intense vendetta against night voters, we just sit here until deadline hits? |D I'm not particularly trying to argue for night, I've just forgotten what we should do now.
Played this gametype a couple times over msn but can't remember how it plays out.. except lancestrike once started by saying he found himself innocent and I casually took his word for it the entire game =__= And then I never played dethy again.

Everyone's trepidations about geoff are valid, I get that, but for the sake of a balanced argument I'll venture jonno may in fact have spontaneously cut off night phase Smile It'll be best for him not to correct me, given that would completely incriminate geoff and 'das jus' not coo'. Unless we want to go ahead and rambo lynch today (not to be confused with rando lynch Very Happy)?
Back to top Go down
http://happypants3.deviantart.com
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:38 pm

I'm that good Very Happy
It's worth saying that my analysis (especially meta-game) is 100% accurate regardless of what alignment I am. There's no way to bullshit that so no point lying about it.

If I was to lie in this game it would be with who I investigated and who I am suspicious of. Easiest way to get away with it is not to admit anything. Or delay it so that went I need to hide it, it's already too late.

Lynch Hiroshi

May as well get this ball rolling.

I'm curious of what people think about lynching. Considering we only need one hit to win.
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:47 pm

Another thought.

Everyone should investigate the same person tonight.
We will get two of each (guilty and not guilty) plus whatever the mafia lies about. That cuts two people off the list. Mafia is in one of the three that get the same result.

One problem: someone dies... we lose one person. Don't get all the information. Partial solution. We agree to vote someone that people have already investigated. This means we already have some of the information.

Speak to me peeps
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:11 pm

Thee_Slushee wrote:
LOL Awww, can't investigate yourself? ... probably wouldn't help if you were naiive cop anyway, coz everyone would be innocent =P
I had a thought that investigating yourself should result in a "of course you're innocent. why wouldn't you be? you know you're a cop. you aren't going to hear anything else on the matter." and a wasted night action. Razz

I'd rather not lynch for now in case sash and I accidentally cast our votes at the same time and we never get to hear rithi's result. Other than that I suppose we can afford to be a little more rambo this game. RE: investigating one person, if one can't investigate themselves and given that mafia can't investigate AND given one cop will die tonight, doesn't that leave us with about 3 verdicts max? Neutral

In other news, I'm a bit peeved I put an unnecessary apostrophe in front of 'das' and made the whole thing look enclosed in speech marks. =__=
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:15 pm

Unless we're lucky enough to all decide to target the mafia tonight, and go by your 'partial solution', which would mean we all target you or geoff tonight. I guess if chanisha and aakrithi target him (since we've got the most prior investigations on him already), and then the three of us target one of them... I don't know if it's prudent to be discussing our attack strategy in broad daylight. Of course it's that or we work alone. ~__~ Like Batman.
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:18 pm

ScreamingHawk wrote:
Despite what I said in an earlier thread, I'm going to meta it up this one and save my vote / reaction analysis for the happy game.
Hahahahhaha you mean Jasmine's Gameâ„¢

Okay I'm done posting
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Hmmm....investigating one person....that sounds kinda problematic...chances are, we'll put a big as target on someone and mafia just might kill them! Although, we would've still gotten our findings except that persons, who we then have to decide what cop type they could've been...

But this does sound like a good plan to figure out what everyone is....unless mafia wants to throw off suspicion on themself so that they can slick by unnoticed! I'm not sure...maybe searching far and wide would give us better results to analyse??
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:29 pm

Happy wrote:
RE: investigating one person, if one can't investigate themselves and given that mafia can't investigate AND given one cop will die tonight, doesn't that leave us with about 3 verdicts max? Neutral
Thee_Slushee wrote:
Hmmm....investigating one person....that sounds kinda problematic...chances are, we'll put a big as target on someone and mafia just might kill them!

Both these are valid. Strike my plan. It was terrible. lol

Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:34 pm

But I suppose, now that I think about it, pooling it on one person might be effective as well...coz can analyse the similarities and differences...but then mafia would lie too and then we'd have to be able to tell who's legit and who's not O.o
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

Job/hobbies : Coding/drawing/music/language
Dreams of : Webcomic artist!

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:38 pm

Thee_Slushee wrote:
I for one am very wary of ANYTHING that Screaming says, coz whenever he has been mafia, he has been able to talk his way out of EVERYTHING and manage to win EVERY. TIME! And don't be fooled by his analysis-ness. He can analyse just as hardcore when he's scum =P
I'm with Slushee on this one, especially because that was either an epic fail plan or a failed ploy to get all of us to blindly listen to the "awesome meta-analytical wisdom of Screaming" and lose this game pretty hard.
Good thing Happy and Slushee are thinking and picked up on it. You guys seem legit, for now at least.
I'm not thinking of lynching him though, his analysis IS useful in a game mode I for one haven't played before, and isn't the whole point of dethy supposed to be that we can use our information to work out who to lynch by day 3?

I haven't seen DirectorLadywhatsisface play before, anyone have any experience with them?
Back to top Go down
directorladyface01
Skittles
directorladyface01

Job/hobbies : coke....chocoholic......chip addict....
Dreams of : chocolate....n your face!

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:28 am

okay
Mod did say that he will wait for everyone's night actions and Hiroshi still said they missed out. Plus no one died....Wouldn't mafia have straight out killed someone especially since everyone else is a cop.

two innocent votes already in favour of Hiroshi.

Screaming ... sure analyses alot but you are repeating yourself constantly just trying to get someone to bandwagon your ideas and go with it.
Plus the others have a personal vendetta against you (Slushee..)

Hiroshi
you slipped. Everyone had a chance to give in their night action except you.

Screaming.
You claim to have tried to investigate yourself. Did anyone else to this? small as it is, this actually proves Screaming to be a cop.
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:33 am

Normally, mafia would kill first night, but Jonno mentioned in the first post that cops get a head start, so there will be no kill on day 0.

I'm inclined to believe that Screaming may be a cop this time around due to chance, but I'm still a bit wary of him. Can't really say for sure about the others....

But anyhu, was the "two innocent votes" mean that you investigated Hiroshi and he turned out to be innocent? ok, I'm inclined to believe that Hiroshi is safe here then....for the time being...
Back to top Go down
directorladyface01
Skittles
directorladyface01

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:39 am

awhh right! That's what I read wrong..cop starts

the thing is....
Screaming investigated their own role and then Hiroshi who so far has gotten two innocent and one guilty vote. Did Mod give you another go at investigating?

Back to top Go down
directorladyface01
Skittles
directorladyface01

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:40 am

and then this could mean that Hiroshi is mafia because um two innocent (naive and paranoid cop) and one guilty = normal cop.

I'm clutching at straws. Not voting yet
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:14 am

I'm inclined to think Jonno just pap'd him on the head for trying to investigate himself. XD I think there was a point we were all doing that in msn mafia, and it just seems boring, I guess. I actually went and said that in the pm because I had nothing better to do than ramble to jonno.

Alternatively, if geoff's innocent, that makes the results normal, naive and paranoid/insane right?
Wait, if he's mafia, the results should be naive, insane (gets wrong results) and then normal/paranoid. Surprised
Slushee would then be one of the wibbly options; she can't be paranoid (consistently gets guilty), making her normal or insane, if that helps. Unless she's lying. Or someone else is lying. GOD DAAAAAAAMN.

If we vote out hiro and he's a cop, then tomorrow we've got three players left (inc. one person dead)? That leaves everyone resignated to scrounging afflictions from two results, which is not awfully assuring. I guess like SH said, two nights at least narrows you down. I've changed my mind about ramboing in now lmfao... it was bound to happen, I apparently hate voting. We've got a (real life) day left, we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:25 am

Hiroshi wrote:
I haven't seen DirectorLadywhatsisface play before, anyone have any experience with them?
All I remember is that she and sterling would get into mid-game conversations about getting movies from each other. Very Happy Or maybe that was someone else. Or maybe that was everyone. (I don't recall textwall analyses, but she's an active contributor, I'm pretty sure.)

I'm actually beginning to feel that more results on the same person gives us less information, because if we had one more guilty vote on SH we could know if chanisha('s role) was insane for sure. |D I guess then I wouldn't have been able to narrow her down, though. Cursermurses.
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:32 am

directorladyface01 wrote:
Screaming ... sure analyses alot but you are repeating yourself constantly just trying to get someone to bandwagon your ideas and go with it.
Plus the others have a personal vendetta against you (Slushee..)
4 posts so far. One about 2+ nights analysis. One about how I play / how I would lie as mafia. One about who we should investigate in future. One about admitting I didn't think about the previous post plan hard enough.
Sure there is some overlapping information but so far that has been a lot more information than anyone else.
As for vendetta. She just acknowledges I'm a good player. Very Happy

Hiroshi
you slipped. Everyone had a chance to give in their night action except you.
You essentially explained my band wagon reasoning. It was pretty clear that game would start once ALL cop actions were in. Hiroshi didn't make an action because he didn't have to, not because there wasn't enough time. There was infinite time.
And the OMGUS attack back quoted below isn't helping. Buddying up is pretty vital for mafia. Clearing people as legit for now to gain trust from them if obvious move.
Hiroshi wrote:
I'm with Slushee on this one, especially because that was either an epic fail plan or a failed ploy to get all of us to blindly listen to the "awesome meta-analytical wisdom of Screaming" and lose this game pretty hard.
Good thing Happy and Slushee are thinking and picked up on it. You guys seem legit, for now at least.

awhh right! That's what I read wrong..cop starts

the thing is....
Screaming investigated their own role and then Hiroshi who so far has gotten two innocent and one guilty vote. Did Mod give you another go at investigating?
BTW Slushee investigated me not Hiroshi. So either you are wrong or you are implying you investigated Hiroshi and got an innocent result. Please confirm.
My investigation request was something along the lines of: Can I please investigate myself? If I can't then I'll investigate Hiroshi plox.

SINCE the game started he added the "you cannot investigate yourself" bit to the OP. So clearly someone (atleast one) did try [myself].
Did anyone else investigate themselves?
If everyone says no then I am cleared.
If any other person says yes than we are either both cops or one of us is lying.

@directorladyface01:
and then this could mean that Hiroshi is mafia because um two innocent (naive and paranoid cop) and one guilty = normal cop.
Thee_Slushee investigated myself as innocent. Did you investigate Hiroshi and get innocent? You haven't said explicitly and you seem to have been reading the thread a bit off so just checking here.

Happy's Analysis:

TL;DR: A lot of info but most importantly:
DID ANYONE ELSE INVESTIGATE THEMSELVES?
WHO DID DLF INVESTIGATE?
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:36 am

@mod: can you please fix my spoiler tags? Or remove it. I don't know what happened there...
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:57 pm

All I keep thinking is that DLF sounds incredibly unfortunately similar to DILF

On my part I explicitely said I wasn't gonna investigate myself, because apparently I thought jonno cared Razz So that's two people who brought it up, which seems like enough to warrant clarification.

Until rithi clarifies her result (I'm sure it's geoff = innocent; maybe she thought she'd already mentioned it), I'll suggest that if she was mafia, she would've been aware of cop headstart? Smile For what that's worth.

Other than that, everybody agrees that geoff is fishfish, yes? Very Happy Plus I know he was on msn for a while yesterday, but he only made one post the whole time that dodged the issue entirely? I keep flipflopping on him because I think "what if he's a cop", but then I don't feel like he's a cop. e__e Maybe next day phase. lol.
@Geoff I guess I'd like to see you address our concerns, but I get there isn't really much you could say to sway us. Neutral But we'd like to see you try. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #2 Dethy   Minor Mafia #2 Dethy Empty

Back to top Go down

Minor Mafia #2 Dethy
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next