Mafiaaaah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where we can play mafia.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4

Go down 
+4
Shu
Thee_Slushee
ScreamingHawk
Happy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

Job/hobbies : Chillaxing
Dreams of : Chillaxing

Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 6:02 am

Actually simple answer as to why I didn't answer your question: I didn't check back in time. It was next day before I know it. But if I did, I wouldn't play into such trolls because I know mafia would use it to accuse townies when they take out people that townies suggest!

Also, Happy is one of the more experienced forum mafia players, so it makes sense for mafia to target them first, to take advantage of the newbies...

I'm not one to just lynch willy nilly. I've got more than a little hunch that Screaming is scum... Fellow townies, band against scum and get rid of Screaming!
Back to top Go down
oless
Silly Goose
oless

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 7:12 am

i was just answering his question, it was a sarcastic inside joke... Something happy, orange, and our group of friends used to do from a while back. Also anyone could have seen my answer and killed her; I was the only person who gave a name in the answer...

The first kill is always a biiiit random, especially with new people you aren't familiar, but I gave people a starting strategy. I know I wouldn't of had a clue who I would've killed first night if I were a mafia. Even with the experience thing, it seems all of us are experienced mafia players and the skills should be transferable(?)

Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

Dreams of : your mum

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 8:40 am

orange wrote:
quote="fweaks"]"Well, I suppose it was a 50/50 anyway and it's good to get them out of the way now.

Any thoughts on this little bit?[/quote]

Maybe this is exactly what we are talking about with oless? "It's 50/50 they will believe it was him"? Townie points for orange for actually caring about mod clues. And maybe it wasn't a doublethink and was actually a triplethink? This chain is plus ungood... I'm going to Unlynch oless for now. We still have more people to talk to before something goes through today.

Thee_Slushee wrote:
Also, Happy is one of the more experienced forum mafia players, so it makes sense for mafia to target them first, to take advantage of the newbies...

This doesn't excuse anyone though. Look at that post count. Anyone could see that Happy is the top dog in this game. But you are probably right that it's not two new people. I know who 'random' fweaks RNG can be Razz

Thee_Slushee wrote:
I'm not one to just lynch willy nilly. I've got more than a little hunch that Screaming is scum...

Is this a cop claim? I don't think it would be wise to do that Slush Wink
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 9:56 am

Oh yeah, mod post! Thanks for reminding, orange Smile Here's my thoughts on this little thing:

fweaks wrote:
"Well, I suppose it was a 50/50 anyway and it's good to get them out of the way now.

I interpreted it as thoughts of Mafia post-killing Happy. As in 50/50 that she could maybe be a cop/doctor vs regular townie? That's kinda what it sounds like...but its not exactly a 50/50 shot of hitting a role, since there are were (sadface for Happy Sad) 5 townies, and 2 of them could be cop/doctor. not exactly 50/50 odds Razz But it could just mean they can either be role or not....unless there are actually 3 mafia and 4 townies? But nah, the rules looks like it says it's 2 mafia.
The only thing that confuses me about it is that there is a distinct line break between mafia talk and this, and there is only one line of dialogue. Makes me think it could be another role, but it doesn't quite fit Cop/Doctor.... So all around still confusing...

ScreamingHawk wrote:

Is this a cop claim? I don't think it would be wise to do that Slush  Wink
Is that a threat? Smile
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 10:16 am

Thee_Slushee wrote:
Things about 50/50 quote

fweaks is a stickler for rules, I don't think he would mess with the C9 layout unless he gave us fair warning. e.g. role reveal on death. And your 50/50 isn't even 50/50 so unless the mafia are bad at maths (or you are deliberately misleading us away from the oless double/triple think idea) I don't think what you've said is it.

Thee_Slushee wrote:

ScreamingHawk wrote:

Is this a cop claim? I don't think it would be wise to do that Slush  Wink
Is that a threat? Smile

It's not a threat, we don't want our cop (if that's the case) getting killed. Also false claims are bad for town. We've got time. Another night at least. We need to get as much info as we can.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Pacman
Shu

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 12:22 pm

I'm gonna withdraw my vote on oless cos I think mafia might be a bit more defendant than that. Instead I'm gonna vote to lynch orange since orange has been a little quiet and possibly trying not to draw attention to them self.. I'm guessing there's going to be one quiet mafia and one loud one. (Yeah I know I'm being a bit trigger happy but it's good to see how people defend themselves)
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

Job/hobbies : reading/origami/computer
Dreams of : *SPOILERS*

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 1:14 pm

Lynch update
ScreamingHawk - 1 vote from Thee_Slushee
Oless - 1 vote from mattgoku
orange - 1 vote from Shu
4 to lynch
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 5:27 pm

Hmmm....Screaming votes Oless, Shu jumps on board....Screaming unvotes Oless, Shu jumps on board....this is looking more than a little suspect...Also wut, mattgoku voted for Oless as well?!
Guys....Screaming....

Orange is normally a very quiet and reserved player...kinda hard to judge someone who doesn't say anything, so I understand the suspicion there. But keep in mind, it is also Christmas (it's even Xmas eve where you guys are at!) so peeps may be a little slow on the postage. I'm not entirely sure what to make of her just yet. Guess we can see how/if she responds to the lynch...

Back to top Go down
orange
Dwarf Bread
orange

Job/hobbies : Potato.
Dreams of : Not breaking things.

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 6:55 pm

Ah finger-pointing everywhere, including in my direction.
Let me just say I tend to take a bit more time to post, otherwise my thoughts come out all mumbo-jumbo and wall-of-nonsense-text.
But if we are going by quietness, then would mattgoku also strike as suspicious?

Lynch mattgoku

Anyway, I did interpret the 50/50 thing as the cop (I hope there is a cop) clearing up their own hunch.

Back to top Go down
mattgoku
Silly Goose
mattgoku

Job/hobbies : Photography
Dreams of : Being Happy

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 8:00 pm

Oh my Orange.

I'm sorry that I haven't posted all that much yet Sad
But wanting to lynch me simply because I don't speak that much. We haven't even spoken before and now you want me dead D:

That's just plain mean Sad

I'd throw a finger right back at you if I didn't know any better. But I'm not that mean Sad

unlynch oless

I'd also like to say that I'm not mafia Smile
Back to top Go down
http://jxp.flavors.me/
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 9:21 pm

Lynch update
orange - 1 vote from Shu
mattgoku - 1 vote from orange
4 to lynch
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 10:04 pm

Orange: yeah, I thought the note in the story linked to cop, but couldn't quite make sense of it. You saying that it was them confirming their suspicions makes it a little better.

But gees, everyone is just going around lynching and unlynching everyone! We should probably think about team working here, else no one will get lynched!
Back to top Go down
Shu
Pacman
Shu

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 1:50 am

Quote :
mmm....Screaming votes Oless, Shu jumps on board....Screaming unvotes Oless, Shu jumps on board....this is looking more than a little suspect...Also wut, mattgoku voted for Oless as well?!

Only voted oless because I thought he might be doing the double think thing and unvoted him after hearing his defense.

I'm actually equally suspicious of everyone now so I'm at a loss.. And I can't make heads or tails with the 50/50 thing.

Anyways Merry Christmas guys, let's make sure we don't lynch anyone innocent

unlynch orange just wanted to hear a defense sorry Wink
Back to top Go down
mattgoku
Silly Goose
mattgoku

Job/hobbies : Photography
Dreams of : Being Happy

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 2:55 am

Merry Christmas Everyone Smile

Shu you better not be Evil Sad
Back to top Go down
http://jxp.flavors.me/
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 9:43 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!
I've got a few minutes before Christmas event 1 of 4 today so I'm going to use it to something that bothered me last night.

Thee_Slushee wrote:
But gees, everyone is just going around lynching and unlynching everyone! We should probably think about team working here, else no one will get lynched!

Slushee is advocating working as a team and yet has only voted for one person that no one else has voted for, and has only provided dis-information (see my comment earlier (page 2 post 5) when she intentionally misquoted me). Tunnel vision is bad for town. If you really think I'm mafia, cool beans, but you should looking for the second instead of tunneling. All you are doing now is essentially pushing a no lynch, which is bad.

I don't want to vote you yet on the off chance that you actually are cop. But I highly doubt that. You've been acting off all game.

I'm not sure if Shu's following my votes was an attempt to look like a scum buddy, but I'm going to put it down as newbie mistake for now.

Orange has said that she likes to think through posts which is why she is often silence (which I've seem from other games) but she's had all this silence while providing no information. She's placed a lynch vote on mattgoku accusing him of doing the exact this she is doing, and only did so because someone else said silence and lack of information was suspicious. Probably the most suspicious person at the moment, apart from Slushee.

Lynch orange
Back to top Go down
orange
Dwarf Bread
orange

Job/hobbies : Potato.
Dreams of : Not breaking things.

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 3:16 pm

Aw magikarp. Left the fingerpointing too long.
Unlynch mattgoku

There really is not a lot I can say about my silence. And Screaming, I have no idea what kind of information you are expecting me to give. With no night actions, I can only make assumptions from things people have said.

For example, when I said I hope there is a cop, I didn't want to out who I thought it was since we still don't have a real lead at this point and we cannot afford the one person (if there is indeed, a cop) with some power to die.
But these assumptions are probably inaccurate and incredibly dangerous this early.

Bro, what happened to my Townie points...
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 3:40 pm

Okay guys.... so I just realized something. If town votes wrong today, it is INSTANT GAME OVER.  If we vote off someone innocent, mafia will kill someone else during the night, and then it's 2v2: Mafia wins.

I sorta said something before, but I'll be much more explicit now. I am cop. I inspected ScreamingHawk last night phase, and he was mafia. Hence why I immediately posted to Lynch him straight after night phase ended.

I know that it's a bit of a risk to trust me, because if I were mafia and ScreamingHawk was innocent, then the game would also be over. But not only have I already inspected him, but ScreamingHawk has said one thing that definitely incriminates him now:

ScreamingHawk wrote:
I don't want to vote you yet on the off chance that you actually are cop.

After I said I inspected him confirming he's mafia, IF ScreamingHawk were innocent, then he would for sure know that I was lying and that I was mafia (townie false claiming cop and pointing fingers actually harms town more than helps, so it couldn't be that).  So he would not even hesitate for a second to Lynch me.

Sadly, as town, our odds aren't too good. Even after we Lynch ScreamingHawk, the other remaining mafia will definitely get rid of me next night phase. So it'll be 3v1 come next morning and without a cop...Pretty much a 25% guess at who the other mafia is.

The only other option is no vote, and then it'll be 3v2 come sunrise. I most likely would survive the night in this scenario, because as soon as I'm dead, my cop role will be revealed. You guys would then all know that I was telling the truth, and therefore lynch ScreamingHawk the following day resulting in 2v1 the following morning (i.e. better odds than 3v1. 25% v 33% in guessing the other mafia).
I'd be alive to share my findings, which might actually help in the 2v1 faceoff, but they'd probably only keep me around to cause heaps of confusion and make everyone doubt what I say...

TLDR: I am cop. Lynch with ScreamingHawk, and the game is over. Mafia wins. Any other option is better.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Pacman
Shu

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 5:26 pm

Ooo interesting if anyone would like to claim they are actually the cop they should come forward asap, otherwise I'm pretty convinced that slushee is telling the truth also after reading back through some of the previous posts like:

Slushee wrote:
I'm not one to just lynch willy nilly. I've got more than a little hunch that Screaming is scum... Fellow townies, band against scum and get rid of Screaming!

And screaming's response:

ScreamingHawk wrote:
Is this a cop claim? I don't think it would be wise to do that Slush

If in fact screaming was convinced that this was a cop claim he should have instantly assumed that slushee is mafia and voted to lynch her

Anyway if we all do choose to believe slushee i think the no vote route has a better chance of getting that last mafia, if they do or don't kill slushee in the night, either way it will be to our advantage, which I think they more likely would as she's able to investigate in the night and if we're lucky there might be a doctor to save her.

night
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 5:51 pm

Due to the absence of a Doctor portion for the night story, I'm gonna guess there is no Doctor to save us. I'm guessing the 50/50 line in the story is associated with me, as Orange pointed out. I was just not sure because it seemed surprisingly...lackluster...for someone that found mafia Razz Maybe the Doctor didn't do anything in the night? But even inaction would get something in the night story, I would think.

Also, I forgot to say: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE, YA'LL (America is a little behind, haha)
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 11:08 pm

Lynch update
orange - 1 vote from ScreamingHawk
night - 1 vote from Shu
4 to lynch
Back to top Go down
Happy
Stop Triple Posting Laurence
Happy

Job/hobbies : none whatsoever
Dreams of : solving the mystery

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 2:27 pm

Hey in case it affects anyone's perceptions, orange + oless and I were All Hangin Out since ~3pm yesterday so that's why they haven't posted since then Smile and I suspect they will make zero posts today/tonight either (because daniel has some ridonk work hours and well.. joce has got some important matters to attend to Razz)
We're not awfully good at the checking-in-thing while out and about. xD
Back to top Go down
http://happypants3.deviantart.com
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 4:01 am

Deadline for day 1 is 11am sunday
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 9:42 am

Thee_Slushee wrote:
After I said I inspected him confirming he's mafia, IF ScreamingHawk were innocent, then he would for sure know that I was lying and that I was mafia (townie false claiming cop and pointing fingers actually harms town more than helps, so it couldn't be that).  So he would not even hesitate for a second to Lynch me.

Shu wrote:
If in fact screaming was convinced that this was a cop claim he should have instantly assumed that slushee is mafia and voted to lynch her

Why would I go a lynch when there is still time in the day to find the accomplice? In a game of this size, every day is important. Especially for town, since it's the only opportunity we have to get information. The only reason you would tunnel on one person to get a kill is exact what Slushee already said, mafia only need one wrong lynch to win.

Since we have a deadline now... Lynch Thee_Slushee.

Delaying a lynch is only making it harder for town as it will be the same but one townie down. You guys can give it another day but there's not going to be any more information from the night (unless one of us dies, but I don't see why either of us would (a kill of either of us would incriminate the other)).
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 1:14 pm

I was tunneling on a lynch because I had proof, being cop and all...but again, I realize how hard it is to believe me.

So here's what I'm going to do:
Unlynch ScreamingHawk
Vote Night

No Lynch is the only guaranteed way of keeping the game going for one more day. You don't have to trust me for that option. Only one person would die during the night vs 2 dying if we lynch wrong. But if you want town to win, town'll need to trust in my findings...

In the event that I do die, my role will be revealed, and I hope you all know what to do...
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 5:08 pm

So despite having supposedly 100% proof that I'm mafia, Slushee instead opts to vote for mafia to get a free kill.

Voting night doesn't only guarantee that the game goes on another day, it guarantees that we will be in the same place as before but with fewer townies.

Given that there's no cop this game (since there's not been a counter claim (or you believe Slushee and then you should be voting me?)) I'm pretty concerned that people are even considering voting night (Shu).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4   Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Minor Mafia #4 - Day 4
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next