Mafiaaaah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where we can play mafia.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mafia #25

Go down 
+5
ScreamingHawk
Happy
orange
fweaks
Telestomp
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
orange
Dwarf Bread
orange

Job/hobbies : Potato.
Dreams of : Not breaking things.

Mafia #25  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 8:52 am

It doesn't look like there is information in the fluff text. Well, nothing I can make any sense of.
But if we are to take Telestomp's info, then a cult game would maybe explain why alignments aren't revealed.
Which also means we have to take out the leader very quickly otherwise we are sure to lose.
What it doesn't explain is how fweaks was killed, since cults only recruit... ?
Back to top Go down
Skrillaka
Dwarf Bread
Skrillaka

Job/hobbies : Anime, manga, games, etc.
Dreams of : remembering dreams

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 9:34 am

Is there a townie role that recruits mafia to be townies?
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

Dreams of : your mum

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 10:10 am

orange wrote:
What it doesn't explain is how fweaks was killed, since cults only recruit... ?

This is really important. This game could be mafia against cult with some townies in the mix. If that's the case then we should consider killing mafia over cult. Since cult typically changes win condition, they could actually help town in a way...

Telestomp wrote:
2) Day 1 Michael makes multiple lynch votes on minimal evidence against my self and slushee, not necessarily dodgy but definitely looks like he has an itchy trigger finger, and wants people dead.
3) In response to Michael's lynch attempt, I have never claimed to be Vanilla, but I will say I have a night action and it would be good to keep me around.

Take from this what you will, but my suspicion currently lies with Hawk and Slush, will hold out on a lynch vote for now, at least until I have heard their point of view.

2. Gotta start somewhere. Votes put pressure. If you are going to not vote until there is a rebuttal, they can just not say anything at all. Intentionally not voting is just a way to slow down the game. IMO. Also my numerous complaints about no lynch is bad for town.
3. I believe your claim over my watching the logged in people idea. I won't bother doing that again.

Skrillaka wrote:

A mason? They are just a communicating townie group. Seems legit. Especially, if there is actually a cult. They don't usually recruit as far as I'm aware though. But maybe, this could be what Tele saw? Do you have a reason to believe that this is what it is or are you just giving options?
Back to top Go down
Just Tundra
Pacman
Just Tundra

Job/hobbies : NEET
Dreams of : C̳͎̮̼̫̠͢t҉̢̟̬h̗̱̝̮͜u̴̠̣̲̭͕͈͙̯ͅḷ̷͇̙̼ͅh̨̡͔͈̥̮͕u̬̟̪̦̣̝͉͕͢͠ ̼͙̮͚̝͔̤̰͠c̛͖̭͢o̖̬̼͖̩͈͡m̦̬̼͉̳͟e̙̼t̬̼̭͕̝͎̥͎̩h̗̜͎̣̣̟̱̤

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 1:21 pm

ScreamingHawk wrote:

Gotta start somewhere. Votes put pressure. If you are going to not vote until there is a rebuttal, they can just not say anything at all. Intentionally not voting is just a way to slow down the game. IMO

You have a point there. Should we draw straws? There really isn't enough information to make a sound judgement but the most suspicious seems to be Telestomp, Thee_Slushee or Hawk himself. So lets get this ball rolling: lynch ScreamingHawk.
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

Job/hobbies : Coding/drawing/music/language
Dreams of : Webcomic artist!

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 1:48 pm

Lynch update:

1 vote for Thee_Slushee (ScreamingHawk). 3 votes to lynch.
1 vote for ScreamingHawk (Just Tundra). 3 votes to lynch.
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

Job/hobbies : Chillaxing
Dreams of : Chillaxing

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 2:41 pm

Okay, I know we're past this point, but feel I should respond to it anyway:

ScreamingHawk wrote:
The "fweaks wouldn't possibly make a slip" as a counter argument is pretty weak. And the fact you are even fighting my weak assertion with an even weaker reasoning is really scummy... You post is amazing indecisive. Trying to appeal to me without agreeing. Trying to say fweaks wouldn't do that and that its not allowed while still saying its possible... The whole post is amazingly fishy.

I wasn't really trying to argue anything. Just pointing out that taking Jonno's QQ post into account might not be the best thing to do. It could mean anything, or absolutely nothing... I'm genuinely unsure of whether it would've actually meant anything since, you know, fweaks....BUT ANYWAY! Everyone else has moved on from this so I won't dwell any more on it.

HOOOKAY! So with regards to this little bit:

Telestomp wrote:
I have received information about Chanisha, not entirely sure what her overall role is, but it looks to be a leader in an underground church, some kind of cult or something. Dunno what this means, but not vanilla townie, thats for sure, and as far as I am concerned, cults have never been a good thing.

If you're who I think you are, I might know how you came to this, but it's not quite what you think. No, I am not a vanilla townie, and I don't want to say anything quite just yet. But I am most definitely not mafia. I know, so believeable, huh? Razz But seriously, there definitely is a killing role lurking around here. They are the threat here, as Screaming pointed out, and you'll be no closer to finding them by taking me out.

Despite how itchy Screaming's trigger finger is, I do feel like he is town this time around...it really could be anyone O.o.....
Back to top Go down
Skrillaka
Dwarf Bread
Skrillaka

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 5:41 pm

ScreamingHawk wrote:

Skrillaka wrote:

A mason? They are just a communicating townie group. Seems legit. Especially, if there is actually a cult. They don't usually recruit as far as I'm aware though. But maybe, this could be what Tele saw? Do you have a reason to believe that this is what it is or are you just giving options?

Just options.

Slush has a good point - there is a killing role somewhere, and it doesn't seem to be any of herself, Telestomp, or ScreamingHawk, whether they're townies or not. Which leaves Just Tundra, Happy, and Orange. Because I disagree with Tundra about who seems suspicious I'll vote to lynch Just Tundra.

We could all just be vanilla townies arguing among ourselves about who is guilty when none of us are. Keep that in mind. I know I'm vanilla, and definitely town, so I don't know how many others besides myself there might be. Reasoning like that won't progress the game any further though, as Hawk pointed out.
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 7:33 pm

Lynch update:

1 vote for Thee_Slushee (ScreamingHawk). 3 votes to lynch.
1 vote for Just Tundra (Skrillaka). 3 votes to lynch.
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 6:56 am

Tundra seems a little suspect, with the sudden lynching... but he also did that last game, where he was town... There's nothing out of the ordinary yet so can't quite tell... MAN THIS IS SO HARD D:

Happy wrote:
He could've gotten cop-stalked, role-blocked and mauled by a bear

HAHA Please let this be what happened XD Also, I think you mean this.
(Btw, why is it so hard to find quality Spongebob clips?! D:)
Back to top Go down
Telestomp
Moogle Poop
Telestomp

Job/hobbies : Developer\all the games
Dreams of : ... if only I could remember

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 5:07 pm

All right, looks like not much has happened in the last little bit in terms of reveals or counter accusations etc etc.

I am going to go with the only plan I know that is fail proof and that is to take out a person I 100% KNOW to myself to be a cult member, and that is Slushee

Lynch Thee_Slushee
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 5:09 pm

C-c-c-combo breaker!

Lynch update:

2 votes for Thee_Slushee (ScreamingHawk, Telestomp). 2 votes to lynch.
Back to top Go down
Skrillaka
Dwarf Bread
Skrillaka

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 5:28 pm

Telestomp wrote:
All right, looks like not much has happened in the last little bit in terms of reveals or counter accusations etc etc.

I am going to go with the only plan I know that is fail proof and that is to take out a person I 100% KNOW to myself to be a cult member, and that is Slushee

Lynch Thee_Slushee

True, according to you Slushee is a cult member, but is the cult as dangerous as the mafia right now?
Back to top Go down
Happy
Stop Triple Posting Laurence
Happy

Job/hobbies : none whatsoever
Dreams of : solving the mystery

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 5:40 pm

[barrels in after like two days \o/ and I got ninja'd while writing this but it ended up being a perfect response so ok]
If we deem that chanisha is cult though, then according to wiki we've got until half the playerlist is taken over. Which assuming she inducted someone this night, means.. we've literally got one night left? What? @__@ Because in the worst-case scenario, there's six players left next day phase, and the cult has theoretically inducted their third player. The problem here is that cult snowballs super quick and with our small playerbase it may already be there ;__;

Contrast a mafia, which wouldn't be more than two with our player list, and would end at 2v3 at worst - two nights at least, barring any other shenanigans that reduce players faster. I'm thinking if nobody presents any stronger argument I may go for cult lynch as well haha (feels awful that we've basically kicked out chanisha three games in a row but THAT MUST BE.. THE WAY THE COOKIE CRUMBLES.. *___*)
Back to top Go down
http://happypants3.deviantart.com
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 6:22 pm

Guys! I keep trying to tell you: IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK!! There's no cult!....well, there could be, but I'm not in it!
I feel like Telestomp found out some info about me (I'm gonna guess via role cop with some flavour text, since the other cop will only give alignment) and is running straight to the worst case. He seems pretty rooted in this for some reason, but I'm telling you that's not how it is!!! I really don't want to say what it is right now, but it will benefit town!

But if nothing else, with the rumour of cult going around, mafia will probably try to kill me next night. Mafia ain't exactly buddy buddy with cult either, and judging by Happy's analysis, it seems stupid easy for cult to win. If you really do think I'm cult, then fine, I'll be the scapegoat for next night. Lol, some argument: keep me around so I'll die during the night >.> Not really my ideal plan, but what can I do if no one will believe me...
Back to top Go down
Just Tundra
Pacman
Just Tundra

Dreams of : C̳͎̮̼̫̠͢t҉̢̟̬h̗̱̝̮͜u̴̠̣̲̭͕͈͙̯ͅḷ̷͇̙̼ͅh̨̡͔͈̥̮͕u̬̟̪̦̣̝͉͕͢͠ ̼͙̮͚̝͔̤̰͠c̛͖̭͢o̖̬̼͖̩͈͡m̦̬̼͉̳͟e̙̼t̬̼̭͕̝͎̥͎̩h̗̜͎̣̣̟̱̤

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 6:32 pm

Telestomp wrote:
I 100% KNOW to myself to be a cult member

Wait, how do you know that? Did Slushee try to convert you and your role as mafia stopped it? Can mafia be recruited into a cult? How many roles are there? Is the cult even dangerous? Where can I find this information for myself?
Back to top Go down
Telestomp
Moogle Poop
Telestomp

Job/hobbies : Developer\all the games
Dreams of : ... if only I could remember

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 9:50 pm

You cannot find the information for yourself, it was private information to me based on my role and night action.
I may have been a bit extreme with my 100% as the term cult wasn't used, it was actually referred to as an underground church, which to me sounds like the exact same thing. However I am willing to let this drop my certainty to 99% but I will definitely be keeping my lynch vote in place, and encourage you to join me.
Back to top Go down
orange
Dwarf Bread
orange

Job/hobbies : Potato.
Dreams of : Not breaking things.

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:11 pm

I dunno, I'm a bit hesitant to vote her off at this point. She has a power and if shes telling the truth, I don't want us to lose any possible information regarding mafia.
Back to top Go down
Just Tundra
Pacman
Just Tundra

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 1:57 am

What I was looking for was a wiki or list of all the potential roles you guys use.

Anyway, I managed to find a wiki which had a cultist page and, now that you've mentioned it, an underground church type dealy - a faith healer (50% chance to stop a death) which is good to keep around. Bit of a stretch though. Why underground if she's pro town?

Anyway, in the cultist page there was a mention to "suicide on scum recruit" which (I think) means if she tried to recruit a mafia, she'd get killed instead. So maybe, instead of the cult leader/recruiter (another assumption from wiki information on how the role works) being killed night 1 she gets revealed to you instead.

Again, there's a lot of assumptions in my post (and this whole day's worth of pointing fingers) but at this point concrete information is something we just don't have.
So, in hopes of removing mafia I'll change my vote (if possible) Lynch Telestomp
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 7:40 am

Happy wrote:
... Because in the worst-case scenario, there's six players left next day phase, and the cult has theoretically inducted their third player. ...

It would depend on the PM but I typically write my win conditions as "you win when no one can stop you winning". Since there is a killing role I don't think cult would win with just majority, since they can still be killed off.

orange wrote:
I dunno, I'm a bit hesitant to vote her off at this point. She has a power and if shes telling the truth, I don't want us to lose any possible information regarding mafia.

Seconded. But she is the most scummy today, and we don't have a better option.

Thee_Slushee wrote:
Guys! I keep trying to tell you: IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK!! There's no cult!....well, there could be, but I'm not in it!
but what can I do if no one will believe me...

You can tell us what your role actually is... And perhaps have someone subtly back you up. I was inclined to believe Skrillaka was on your side with a mason group but then he said his thought was opinion so I'm striking that for now.

If you are actually able to provide help to town as orange mentioned, then maybe you should start doing that.

Just Tundra wrote:
What I was looking for was a wiki or list of all the potential roles you guys use.

Again, there's a lot of assumptions in my post (and this whole day's worth of pointing fingers) but at this point concrete information is something we just don't have.
So, in hopes of removing mafia I'll change my vote (if possible) Lynch Telestomp

I use this wiki. We often just make up roles too though so don't go by the link 100%.

Also that vote, lol. Given that Telestomp has got information (that hasn't been denied) about another player, do you think he would be a mafia/cop or mafia/watcher or something? A lot of people have implied they are vanilla (no role) so it seems unlikely that one player would get double role.

I'm also really hoping there is role/alignment reveal on lynch since there isn't on night kill... Mafia #25  - Page 2 831392
Back to top Go down
Skrillaka
Dwarf Bread
Skrillaka

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 8:48 am

Telestomp wrote:
You cannot find the information for yourself, it was private information to me based on my role and night action.
I may have been a bit extreme with my 100% as the term cult wasn't used, it was actually referred to as an underground church, which to me sounds like the exact same thing. However I am willing to let this drop my certainty to 99% but I will definitely be keeping my lynch vote in place, and encourage you to join me.

An underground church is entirely different from a cult. An underground church is one in a place where such religious activities are persecuted or illegal, even if they have the exact same beliefs as other harmless groups all around the world. It does make you wonder why it's underground in this scenario, but in general they have very different connotations.

If Telestomp is telling the truth we definitely shouldn't lynch him. He's the one with the most information regarding other players so far, and we don't want to lose that.
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 8:58 am

Lynch update:

2 votes for Thee_Slushee (ScreamingHawk, Telestomp). 2 votes to lynch.
1 vote for Telestomp (Just Tundra). 3 votes to lynch.
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 3:29 pm

@mod: Is there a deadline?
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 4:45 pm

I was hoping there wouldn't be a need for a deadline and I don't really want to cut day discussion short. But I can see why we might need one as it's now Thursday and there hasn't been a lynch, so I'll go ahead and make it 9am Friday 30th of January.

Which is to say if you don't lynch before then, night will be upon you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:39 pm

Oh my goodness, it took much longer than I hoped to actually get my internet back to being stably connected. Let's just say that Windows 10 isn't very stable right now, haha.

So a couple of points to make:

Just Tundra wrote:

[Reading ALLL the wikis!]
Lynch Telestomp

Wow, you went to town on that wiki!
I can kiiiinda see where you're going, but I do believe that Telestomp is pro-town. He's the only one that has really provided any info. He has drawn wrong conclusions from it, but it is still info. It looks like he has some kinda investigatory role, which brings me to my next point:

ScreamingHawk wrote:
If you are actually able to provide help to town as orange mentioned, then maybe you should start doing that.

I help town best during the night, as with any other pro town role. But seeing as there is a target painted on my back anyway, I'll say this: My ability can potentially save someone during the night.

If Telestomp is telling the truth, this makes him mafia's number 1 target. I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this ability in the game, but if I am, then lynching me will also take out Telestomp, and then we have no way to find who mafia is. If there is another healer out there, it's probably best to stay in the shadows so we don't reveal ALL of our cards to mafia. We still have NO idea who they are!

WOAH ninja'd by mod! Hmmm deadline is on Friday aye? Oh yup, got about a day since it's Wednesday.....
......WAIT A MINUTE! ITS THURSDAY IN NZ!!!! Holy magikarp, this was sudden! AHHHHHHHH! But...but....who do we lynch?!
Back to top Go down
Happy
Stop Triple Posting Laurence
Happy

Job/hobbies : none whatsoever
Dreams of : solving the mystery

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 11:58 pm

Hahaha slush set your forum time to nz Razz
Unfortunately though after a lot of mulling over, lynching cult or some similar third-party is my priority, plus I trust telestomp on the matter.. sorry man Mafia #25  - Page 2 121 I think likelihood is that there won't be a lynch by tomorrow though

LUNCH THEE_SLUSHEEE!!!
(AND BREAKFAST JONNO. JUST BECAUSE)
Back to top Go down
http://happypants3.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #25    Mafia #25  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mafia #25
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next