Mafiaaaah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where we can play mafia.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7

Go down 
+8
Telestomp
peachE
Jaidinja
Thee_Slushee
Hiroshi
ScreamingHawk
pizza-la
fweaks
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

Job/hobbies : reading/origami/computer
Dreams of : *SPOILERS*

Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:16 am

night 1

original actions
*jaidinja roleblocked hiroshi
*thee_slushee killed telestomp
*thee_slushee stole from vynrotak
*peache investigated hiroshi
*pizza-la redirected thee_slushee to hiroshi
*screaminghawk killed telestomp

resultant messages
*hiroshi is a tree
*jaidinjas role block does nothing to night immune hiroshi
*thee_slushee ostensibly does not affect night immune hiroshi
*screaminghawk fails to kill bulletproof telestomp
*peaches investigation mostly fails against night immune hiroshi
*pizza-la redirected thee_slushee to hiroshi

mod notes
*the_slushees thiefing did come away with something from hiroshi, which was probably the biggest effect it had in the game because i made the decision to nerf her power greatly to balance other aspects
*peache also came away with something but not vearly as much as she normally would, no more than everyone else got from the night story in fact
*the last message contains words from the third message because she was essentaially mind controlling thee_slushee, and mumbling the feedback. peache was the only person to get this, and thee_slushee instantly overuled her with another theory.
*hiroshi's night involvements were worded in such a way as to make him appear awol
*screaming hawk's kill was chosen as the kill to go through as it didn't matter either way, but made for good night story.

Last edited by fweaks on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:24 am

mod secret 2:
peaches role defaulted to revealing all the underlined parts in the revealed role pm's namely the name, power names and goal name. but under certain circumstances mod saw fit to give other information instead.
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

Job/hobbies : Coding/drawing/music/language
Dreams of : Webcomic artist!

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:33 am

You....

Ok.

Lol yep. No one could find me at my house because I was in the garden. And night 1 seems to have worked out pretty much just like I thought. Almost everyone targeted me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

Dreams of : mysterious pink

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:37 am

HAHAHA, even when people didn't target you, THEY TARGETED YOU ANYWAY.

BTW, I'm so so so sorry Slushee, but eventually it got to the point where I would re-direct you just for the kicks.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:39 am

night 2

original actions
thee_slushee steals from jaidinja
thee_slushee kills pizza-la
peache investigates screaminghawk
pizza-la kills telestomp
pizza-la redirects thee_slushee to telestomp

resultant messages
hiroshi is a tree
thee_slushee steals from telestomp
thee_slushee fails to kill telestomp
peache investigates screaminghawk
pizza-la redirects thee_slushee

mod notes
* the flavour behind conrads role is he's just a normal guy with nothing but revenge. so he 'has nothing'. a common saying is that someone has nothing but the clothes on their back. and this was how i worded the pm to thee_slushee, that she stole the clothes off his back. she didn't get the reference and again ran in a completely different direction.
*this night thee_slushee was chosen as the kill to go through because again it didn't matter and again made good night story fodder.
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:44 am

Yep. Very Happy I tried to make sure I got as much info as possible about the other roles from the first night. I figured if everyone targeted me, then I (knowing I was a tree) would have a good chance at figuring out what else was out there (like the role blocker). That's why I was voting around day 0. Very Happy

Pizza did you redirect anyone else in the whole game? xD
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:45 am

mod secret 3:
telestomps power was based on a sheer determination for revenge. i decided to let the number of posts each day represent his determination, and if he did not meet a certain quota each day the role would not function. the quote started off as (night#)^2, ie. 1,4,9,16, and would likely have changed after that, due to infeasibility of sustainability had he not died.

P.S.
every day i'd nudge telestomp that he should post more, but since he did not have the above info he assumed it was just the same nudge i give everyone to make them contribute.

P.P.S.
telestomps investigation power was so powerful:
he could use it literally at any time, and would go through straight away(eg would not have to wait for night to finish). it would reveal the entire role pm to him. he could then decide to have me post the entire role pm to everyone. too bad he wasn't determined enough

Last edited by fweaks on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:05 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:47 am

Lol. Even if we didn't kill him he would have lost that quota pretty quickly. xD

EDIT
LOLOLOL! Telestomp got owned because he didn't post enough. Oh classic.

Last edited by Hiroshi on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:54 am

wow o__o

@Hiro- I think I re-directed you once to Slushee, on the night I was killed. Just to test whether we could strip you of your tree powers.

And that one night Slushee investigated me and found my asylum bracelet I forgot to chuck my action through. So she was right about me that night, but I told her she was wrong again Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 65317
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:56 am

HAhahahaha, Telescope?

Were you auto-corrected?
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:04 am

night 3

original actions
peache investigates jaidinja
thee_slushee steals from pizza-la
thee_slushee kills pizza-la
jaidinja kills telestomp
jaidinja roleblocks pizza-la
screaminghawk kills jaidinja

resultant messages
hiroshi is a tree
jaidinja fails to kill telestomp
jaidinja roleblocks pizza-la
screaminghawk kills jaidinja
peache investigates jaidinja
thee_slushee steals from pizza-la

mod notes
*this was the first night where it actually mattered which kill i allowed through. i decided on jaidinjas kill because the other two teams had already had one each. however because of the way the game was progressing with no kills i decided to throw you all a bone and allow an 'actual' kill to happen. i chose the one on jaidan again because of cool writingness.
*because jaidinjas role pm was being revealed anyway, peaches investigation instead revealed a glimmer of information regarding there being someone involved with him somehow who had a skin affliction.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:13 am

mod secret 4:
i originally intended there to be more than one role which could win in an unorthodox way. i intended that they would be declared as a winner, but the game would then continue with them still playing. they would not be able to lose their winner status. in conjunction with this, i intended there to also be roles that could lose in unorthodox ways... and in fact i reckon i would have come up with some flavour based way anyway. for example if telestomp had not posted at all in a day i may have declared him a a loser, and then have the game carry on with him still playing.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:25 am

night 4

original actions
pizza-la kills peache
peache kills pizza-la
pizza-la redirects hiroshi to thee_slushee
peache investigates telestomp
thee_slushee steals from screaminghawk

resultant messages
hiroshi is a tree
pizza-la fails to redirect hiroshi to thee_slushee
peache kills pizza-la
thee_slushee steals from screaminghawk
peache investigates telestomp

mod notes
*again with the no words from pizza-las action. but this time because there is no one to say anything, instead of no one saying anything.
*the kill this night, due to it's symmetry, essentially came down to a coin toss: rand(0,100) gave peache 58 and pizza-la 27. in fact i actually hinted at this in the post, starting off by chanting 'rng' which is an abbreviation for random number generator, and is something we tend to chant when something happens due to luck, esp. in games. eg. critical hit
* thee_slushee's surprise in the story here is due to the full DIY nature of the medical setup. again she missed the significance of the added little detail (DIY).

Last edited by fweaks on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:28 am

mod secret 5:
thee_slushees alternate win condition would involve a series of events fulfilling her 'relief' side of her goal.

for example, being roleblocked (thus removing the power), then dying the same night or the following day before the power returned.

i would have also have accepted something ridiculous like pizza-la redirecting thee_slushee to thee_slushee with the explanation that it screwed with her brain and switched off the power permanently and she would have been declared winner and continued playing, but powerless.
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:39 am

I love that every single night starts with "Hiroshi is a tree." I AM SO BORING!

LOL loving the rng decisions. Also loving that the mind warping person tried to target a tree. xD
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:41 am

night 5

original actions
thee_slushee steals from peache
peache investigates thee_slushee
screaminghawk kills peache
peache kills screaminghawk

resultant messages
hiroshi is a tree
peache investigates thee_slushee
screaminghawk kills peache
thee_slushee steals from peache

mod notes
*due to the again symmetrical nature of the kill, i decided to balance it out and let the other team have it this time
*people assume psychics only look into their ball when a customer comes a knockin. but ever thought maybe those who believe they have the sight might use it for everyday purposes? the story is set when she does this, but doesn't get what she expects because death comes a-knocking. this threw a few people off though.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:55 am

nights 6 and 7

original actions
thee_slushee kills screaminghawk
screaminghawk kills thee_slushee

resultant messages
6:thee_slushee kills screaminghawk
7:screaminghawk kills thee_slushee

mod notes
i really had a good long hard think about which kill to allow through first. among the things i took into consideration:
*the alternating kills from previous nights meant it was thee_slushee's teams turn to get the kill night 6
*rng came up in favour of thee_slushee
*i could not decide whether or not screaming should be considered to have won if i allowed both kills though, but he did not die until a day later, so i declined this option
*would i allow screaminghawks action to go unused? it would have been the only role in the whole game not to be used, and it really sucks when you have a passive role which is for all intents and purposes ignored because it doesn't matter. eg oranges bulletproofity a game or two back.
* i briefly considered using sudden death or the like, eg first of the two to post would get it or something.
* also considered using timestamp order, ie. which action was given to me first.
*how on earth was i meant to write a kill story from thee_slushee anyway? i came up with the idea that she would rip off a piece of them with her sticky hand, or something like that.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:07 am

more to come!
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

Dreams of : your mum

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:07 am

Wow. I'm loving the mod insight here. From reading the win conditions though, which clearly state you win when others are dead and do not concern your own living state, I think we all win??
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

Job/hobbies : Chillaxing
Dreams of : Chillaxing

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:14 am

lol except me =P sad as!! I still don't quite get my alternate condition. I was meant to be roleblocked and then be killed?? O.o

Lol it seems that I misinterpreted EVERYTHING, HAHA! So useless!
But ahhhh...this is still pretty interesting! Though it makes sense that you would only allow one of the kills to actually, since there were 6 mafia! Man, I got SO confused when my kills were blocked but my steals went through! Like omg that's so obvious now, wish I realised then!
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:57 pm

So the villains were allowed a kill AND a normal action? That's so unfair, they should have had to choose one. Surprised

And yeah, epic epic game. Lol@Slushee. xD
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Seeing as we would only have been allowed to kill each other, it worked out fair xD
And our kills would only work 1/3 of the time anyways.
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:35 pm

Yeah, I find it funny that so many people targeted Tele. xD Good thing he managed to keep his determination high enough.
Back to top Go down
Happy
Stop Triple Posting Laurence
Happy

Job/hobbies : none whatsoever
Dreams of : solving the mystery

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:46 pm

This is the most harrowing post-game commentary I have ever been through

OH YEAH AND

JONNO WAS SO SAD TO CHANISHA!!
THAT ROLE PM WAS MAJOR KAKA!
BUT KUDOS TO HER
FOR BEING ALMOST-VICTOR
AGAINST THE GODDAMN INVINCIBILLA.

Sorry I needed a rhyme there,
I know Micheal's role wasn't so un-bear(able).
K these are getting worse,
So for the last verse,
EVERYONE DIED! THE END.

Jonno gave me Micheal and Sterlz's google doc, so I got to read all of the hate against me. Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 121 But Sterlz told me anyway lmao (also turns out you can't read google docs without chrome/a google account.. I could read it on my bro's laptop in msia, but then we came home and I couldn't stalk you guys anymore u__u)
Back to top Go down
http://happypants3.deviantart.com
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

Dreams of : your mum

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:12 pm

i changed permissions at one point so that might be it. We needed someone to kill night one so you were it Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 395840

Also Michael not Micheal. I'm happy being SH Very Happy That's easier for all involved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7   Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7 - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mafia #19 D Class Superheroes! ~ night 7
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next