Mafiaaaah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where we can play mafia.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN

Go down 
+5
caseofinsanity
pizza-la
orange
Happy
fweaks
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Happy
Stop Triple Posting Laurence
Happy

Job/hobbies : none whatsoever
Dreams of : solving the mystery

Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 5:33 pm

You guys are just like

hurting my wall's feelings

I would make an erectile dysfunction joke here but the building equivalent of 'erectile' is literally 'erectile'

Hiroshi wrote:
Wasn't there some power role something like inventor who uses contraptions to do stuff? That sounds like it to me.
orange wrote:
I thought maybe there is a inventor guy because of the contraptions...
But IDK if it was just part of the story and its just to say a guy didn't die.
Ok, there's no jekyll-hyde-esque role as far as I can tell, so this is looking very likely at the moment. Surprised Especially if, as this flash says, the inventor was "given items such as Device A and Device B and only the moderator knows what the devices do"..
Inventor, please take note of what your Giant Ass Saw Thing does before unleashing it on us

Joce, now that you say that I'm just like "ARGH", but it's probably better to overanalyse anyway. Smile I imagine the mafia not killing anyone would be phrased like.. they were lazy, or had an offday, or whatever.
(Going back a bit.. Jailkeeper "is doctor and roleblocker combined", but doesn't seem like this one involved any doctoring. So the role probably isn't jailkeeper either.)

... Dude, Jaidan, why have we not made a homestuck thread here yet. @_@
Back to top Go down
http://happypants3.deviantart.com
Jaidinja
Brooklyn RAGE
Jaidinja

Dreams of : Cake

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 5:49 pm

The problem I have, is I can't tell whether anythings an important piece of story, or just Jonno being a giant dick.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

Job/hobbies : reading/origami/computer
Dreams of : *SPOILERS*

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 5:53 pm

if you go back through my previous mods, you'll notice, most things mean something pertinent...although often(but not always) it's too subtle or misleading.

just saying
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

Job/hobbies : Coding/drawing/music/language
Dreams of : Webcomic artist!

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:31 pm

Subtle or MISLEADING?? That's super helpful. x.x
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:41 pm

misleading as in...can be misinterpreted easily. ambiguous

makes for good discussion starters
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

Dreams of : mysterious pink

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:13 am

and i see, people are lynching now!!!
YOU GUYS ARE SO MUCH MORE FUN TO PLAY MAFIAS WITH <3

Hiroshi wrote:
pizza-la wrote:
Sorry i don't post >.< i keep going places where theres no internet.
Should be lynched just for this. Razz

Hiya Jaid, I'm Geoffrey or Hiro for short. ;D
So you're claiming something eh? Pretty early for that kind of thing... is anyone gonna contest him?

blargh, im back to civilisation NOW.... so no need to lynch me... Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 508897
And jaidan is in supposedly lucky in real life. No major role claim ( i dont think) just a statement.

Happy wrote:
wait WAIT WAIT sterlz now that you mention 'jester'.. could Case be jester?? I mean, not to be sad, but what other way to get lynched than to act like evil captain obvious?? XD I suppose we can't get him to tell us.

pizza-la wrote:
also, sounds like someone got role-blocked somehow last night. Maybe we have a roleblocker/ jailkeeper/ jack of trades?
I considered roleblocker, but I.. can't say it's right. For reasons. q__q The other two are very strong possibilities though.
Okay Jonno ninja'd me and for a second I had a heart attack over the roles.. but all the ones I've mentioned are there. So yay.

Ahh; I just realised mr. wake-up-in-a-field-and-forget-my-name must've been the mafia's target. Hooray! /zoidberg

1- I dunno, i doubt caseofinsanity's the jester. IMO he would have been pushing to make himself waaay more suspicious. Its not a difficult role to play.

2- ... because of reasons...?

3- We don't know if it was mafia who was roleblocked/ blocking. It sounded like he could have been the would-be killer or the target. Then again, could have been completely unrelated.

Jazzy, you are suspicious to me, but i can't place my finger on why.
And because i like to get things moving, lynch case of insanity because lurking makes me cry and im pretty violent when it comes to mafia (ACTUAL FACT, just check the past games)

something else randomly just popped into my mind too; what if theres a saulus/vampire here? explains why no-one was killed, and why they had to remember what they were ...?

blargh jonathon, you crazy mod @__@
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

Dreams of : your mum

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 7:41 am

I was going to change my vote to Pizza because that signature is raping my eyeballs... But I agree with his reads and such.

IGMEOY Happy.

Until I see a post from Case defending his lurking, I'm Ok with the lynch.
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 7:44 am

hahaha...

im a girl ._.
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 7:52 am

LIES!! Everyone is male on the internet Smile
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 7:58 am

i think i even made a thread stressing my gender too, a while back xD

i'll turn the sig off for you though Smile
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:32 am

Ty Pizza.

I've been looking for an excuse to jump on someone else but we are missing a whole bunch of people, and see below.

The fluff implies mafia was acting alone ("HE knew what HE needed to do", rather than some conversion - which is what I've seen in past games). If there are 2 mafia I'm assuming one is a lurker and the other is active. Both with some kind of power role. If there are 3 mafia then perhaps even two lurker and one active - perhaps one power role (probably godfather).

ALL that above is based on the set up and fluff so don't take it too seriously. Either way I'm convinced there is lurker scum, and Case made the suspect post so vote can stay.
Back to top Go down
caseofinsanity

Job/hobbies : Programming/UDK/Singing
Dreams of : The Impossible Dream

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:57 am

You guys want blood and I seem like a pretty good person to target doesn't it?
It's like one sarcastic comment and then I'm out!

Don't you guys think there's a pretty good chance that one(or more) of them who voted against me is a mafia?

I think you guys should think again about who to lynch!

My name is Jessub by the way for those who don't know me.
Back to top Go down
caseofinsanity

Job/hobbies : Programming/UDK/Singing
Dreams of : The Impossible Dream

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:05 am

Jaidinja - First one to vote against me
Screaminghawk - Second one to vote against me
Hiroshi - Third one to vote against me

In my experience, one of the first persons to vote against someone innocent is generally a mafia.

Please think carefully before jumping into conclusions!
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

Job/hobbies : Chillaxing
Dreams of : Chillaxing

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:46 am

Hey everyone! Sorry about the late posting. Been busy with work and a certain something else that will proceed to take up all my free time.....but I promise to try and stay more active in this! =P

ANYHU! Lemme just say: OMG noone died first night?!?! Haven't seen that happen in a mafia game, EVER! Well done, role-blocker/inventer/whatever-that-pro-town-role-is. But checking out Jonno's story (lol most of you probably have come to this conclusion anyway, but please, correct me if I'm wrong. Don't wanna do what happened last time and keep thinking one way when it really is another, haha!), it seems like it was the mafia that was role blocked, like the hitman? Or it could be the victim waiting to get whacked, but methinks it's most likely the former.

Though I have NO idea what that last bit about waking up to a stream of sunlight, which somehow paints a picture of him waking up in a meadow as well! =P Well, that's my 2 cents really, hehe.

OOH! I'm a bit weary about voting off Case aye. It seems that he just might be Jester with how he's playing...and it didn't sound like he was defending himself much, but now that I think about it, it's coz he didn't post much =P Now that he has, I'm not so sure coz that sounds like somewhat of a defense....but maybe he's trying NOT to be obvious as the Jester! Coz as jester, you want to get voted out right? So being all "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! VOTE ME OUT!" isn't going to do anything coz everyone will be like Nah, he's Jester. so maybe the more subtle approach is what he's doing, which probably would be more successful? But then again, don't even know if Jester exists! Gah, I'm just throwing things out there.
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:59 am

Why hello there Very Happy

I highly doubt there is a Jester in this game. I'd be more likely to believe anyone saying there is a Jester is saying so to protect a scum lynch.
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

Job/hobbies : Chillaxing
Dreams of : Chillaxing

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:13 am

Lol hey, I'm just saying is all. Seems a bit too convenient...but again, it's just me speculating which probably might not end up being true. Just thought I'd put it out there. He probably isn't Jester, but if he was, he's doing a pretty good job, hehe =P Though he actually isn't doing anything, people are just jumping to lynch him =P But again, this is just speculation =P If you guys have good reason to believe that there definitely isn't a Jester in here, then I will gladly accept =D

Though you have been pretty quick to lynch there, screaminghawk!! A bit trigger happy, are we? =P
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:24 am

Of course trigger happy! The way I see it we get more information out of a lynch than a no lynch. And with the random day ends.. lol.
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:15 am

ScreamingHawk wrote:

The fluff implies mafia was acting alone ("HE knew what HE needed to do", rather than some conversion - which is what I've seen in past games). If there are 2 mafia I'm assuming one is a lurker and the other is active. Both with some kind of power role. If there are 3 mafia then perhaps even two lurker and one active - perhaps one power role (probably godfather).

Not necessarily. Usually one person from mafia is chosen to send in the night action, and they're usually the one sent to kill in the night story.

Its important for roles that target role-specific people, because the other mafia members can get away with looking innocent. And anyway, from the first night story, we know that the mafia know of each other and are working together.

From the lack of power roles in the night story, i think we have some dormant special roles?? Like roles which don't have to be mentioned in the night story for them to be active, like a miller for example.

caseofinsanity wrote:
You guys want blood and I seem like a pretty good person to target doesn't it?
It's like one sarcastic comment and then I'm out!

Don't you guys think there's a pretty good chance that one(or more) of them who voted against me is a mafia?

At least if you're mafia i can deduct jazzy from being mafia. Shes too adamant that you're innocent, and if she was scum with you, she wouldn't have been trying to protect you so much. She would be rallying with us to make you look guilty. If you're townie, i would chuck her on my suspicion list again, just casually.
As for the other guys, I'm unsure about them right now Razz

And if voting you off was dangerous for us (vengeful townie/bomb etc) you would have given us more warning. So for now, as long as you're not the jester, you're probably a safe enough scapegoat to cut.

ScreamingHawk wrote:

I highly doubt there is a Jester in this game. I'd be more likely to believe anyone saying there is a Jester is saying so to protect a scum lynch.

Or a townie trying not to die?
I've claimed jester a lot in the past games for that reason Very Happy But again, I don't think hes the jester...
IMO if you're a jester, you are as suspicious as possible. You random lynch, you make unreasonable speculations, taunt players and do anything that leaves the other players convinced you need to go. All case has done is really say a few sarcastic things which could be twisted into stuff they didn't mean. And anyways, it might just be me, but i don't see Jonathon putting in anything that could end the game prematurely.

ScreamingHawk wrote:
Of course trigger happy! The way I see it we get more information out of a lynch than a no lynch. And with the random day ends.. lol.

AMEN. AT LAST, someone understands ;___; everyone else we used to play with were SO cautious, hardly any lynches were ever made. Those games were boring and pro-longed.
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:38 am

pizza-la wrote:
ScreamingHawk wrote:

Not necessarily. Usually one person from mafia is chosen to send in the night action, and they're usually the one sent to kill in the night story.

In fluff Jonno usually has a conversation between the mafia members before anything happens. That lack of that implies lack of communication. But yes that is just fluff posting.

pizza-la wrote:

Its important for roles that target role-specific people, because the other mafia members can get away with looking innocent. And anyway, from the first night story, we know that the mafia know of each other and are working together.

And so I don't see this being the case.

pizza-la wrote:

From the lack of power roles in the night story, i think we have some dormant special roles?? Like roles which don't have to be mentioned in the night story for them to be active, like a miller for example.

Could just be the actions were not relevant for what happened in the night. A doctor or cop miss perhaps?

pizza-la wrote:

ScreamingHawk wrote:

Or a townie trying not to die?
I've claimed jester a lot in the past games for that reason Very Happy But again, I don't think hes the jester...
IMO if you're a jester, you are as suspicious as possible. You random lynch, you make unreasonable speculations, taunt players and do anything that leaves the other players convinced you need to go. All case has done is really say a few sarcastic things which could be twisted into stuff they didn't mean. And anyways, it might just be me, but i don't see Jonathon putting in anything that could end the game prematurely.

The thing is he did absolutely nothing to imply he is jester. You mentioned it as a possible game role (fair enough) and then it was spun out of proportion. What do you believe is his role? As you said probably no jester in game.

I'm here all day but I'll try not to have every second post... Neutral
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:51 am

Doctor/Cop miss? Well if we do have a jack of trades/ inventor, the roles for NORMAL doctor or cop are redundant. Theres a pretty high chance we might have a jack or inventor in this game, just going on how the night story was worded.

Case's role? Doesn't matter. His death will just help us to put everything else into perspective.

Usually Jonno PM's members asking for their action.
How did you know Jonathon has conversations with the mafia before deciding?
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:58 am

I meant in the night fluff. Jonno fakes a conversation between mafia members in the fluff at night. Atleast he did on the other games I had a skim through.
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:06 pm

And I don't think we would really gain much from a Case lynch. A Happy lynch would get us some more information. Her defence would be enough to understand Case's alignment. Someone said Happy busses really hard? Or I've lost myself already. Lol.

Doesn't mean I oppose the lynch of Case Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 831392
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Talky people are talky! This is good!

*~ lynch update ~*
caseofinsanity-4-jaidinja, pizza-la, screaminghawk,hiroshi

5 to lynch!
Back to top Go down
pizza-la
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
MEGA. ULTRA. CHICKEN.
pizza-la

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:24 pm

I don't know if putting jazzy in the spot light would be good right now. We don't want to FORCE her to come out as a potential power role right before night time, just to defend herself. The less information town knows, the less mafia knows too.

I'm pushing for a Case lynch JUST because most people have lynched against him. Because band-wagoning FTW right?

Someone has to die, and the first day is usually just a trial run to put things into perspective. Its no good making proper considered judgments right now. We just don't have enough information yet.
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:32 pm

unlynch Case
lynch Happy

A little pressure never hurt anyone Smile

If needed I will still hammer Case, but we need some more votes first.
Estimated deadline mod?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN   Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mafia #17 TOWNIES WIN
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next