Mafiaaaah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where we can play mafia.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)

Go down 
+6
pandamike
thedumbass
chocolate-toffie
fweaks
Thee_Slushee
Happy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Happy
Stop Triple Posting Laurence
Happy

Job/hobbies : none whatsoever
Dreams of : solving the mystery

Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) Empty
PostSubject: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:08 pm

"You know, I can't help but feel there's a saturation in the job market."
Welcome to Game #22!! cheers

INITIAL
  • ScreamingHawk (Michael)
  • Thee_Slushee (Chanisha)
  • fweaks (Jonno)
  • directorladyface01 (Aakrithi)
  • thedumbass (Charles)
  • pandamike (Mike)
  • Hiroshi (Geoff)
  • orange (Joce)
  • chocolate-toffie (CT)
FINAL
  • ScreamingHawk (Michael) [DEAD]
  • Thee_Slushee (Chanisha) [DEAD]
  • fweaks (Jonno)
  • directorladyface01 (Aakrithi) [DEAD]
  • thedumbass (Charles) [DEAD]
  • pandamike (Mike)
  • Hiroshi (Geoff)
  • orange (Joce) [HURT]
  • chocolate-toffie (CT) [DEAD]
For the fresh blood new kids, this first day is basically for everyone to check in and be aware that the game's started. You may choose to lynch someone, or you may vote night. Currently FIVE votes are required for an action to reach majority. If neither happens this day phase will likely end AROUND SUNDAY, 11PM.

Bold your votes! Keep serious discussion to this thread! Do not edit your posts! I will actually admit right now I edit typos before anyone else sees them. But I have a sense of integrity and never change the content. Very Happy
Anything else is fair game, I literally don't give a sh*t if you spam up the thread, spam during night phase, etc. As long as it's nothing important, feel free to do whatever. Razz If you ever believe I have made an error, don't hesitate to bring it up.

With uni in mind I was considering letting night phases run from Monday til Thursday, leaving day phase for the weekend. Thoughts? Smile

Apart from that, it is day one, and you may start your whatevers!!

Last edited by Happy on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:36 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://happypants3.deviantart.com
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

Job/hobbies : Chillaxing
Dreams of : Chillaxing

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:45 pm

YAY! First game I played modded by Happy. Wonder what your night story style is, mod =D
Anyhu, this will be pretty sweet! =D

Got quite a few fresh faces it seems so keen to get to know you dudes.

Oh, and just for the new people's info (if they haven't seen it already) head on down to http://mikeburnfire.sitesled.com/mscumB.swf. Not really sure what we should be expecting from this. Maybe the usual mafia, cop and doctor? Or maybe there will be some other roles chucked in?? *shrugs*
Hmmmm keen to get this show on the road! =D

Well, can't really do too much now, so best we all check in and maybe head on into night? Hope that most of you try to post regularly. It's not as exciting when only a few people post.
In relation to the day/nights, I think first week of uni should be relatively uneventful. But speaking from all the Part 4 SE-ers, it may not be =S so having nights during the week might be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

Job/hobbies : reading/origami/computer
Dreams of : *SPOILERS*

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:37 pm

as a player in other games happy, even editing typo's is not allowed, because it marks the post as edited and there is no version control on posts allowing us to see before and after versions. no one's been paying attention so far which is why it's not been a problem but if you are called out on it, you will be penalized.(//post restrictions are so much fun doncha think ;D)

in the mean time, lets get to it paesants!
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:06 pm

lmaooo it actually doesn't if you edit it before anyone else posts. I mean, I know from experience. Cool
(I'm sorry I betrayed your trust jonno.)

If first week isn't busy then I'll go ahead and start day earlier.. I'd probably be able to tell by how many night actions I get x) Might just result in night phase being in the weekend though, which would suck. Whatevs, we'll see as we go.
Back to top Go down
chocolate-toffie
Silly Goose
chocolate-toffie

Dreams of : Sleep

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:13 pm

Hello! I vote we head into the night. (Hope I did that correctly.)

Just curious, how often are we expected to check in?
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:15 pm

Haha almost, try to do your votes in a new line so that mod can easily see, like:

Vote night

But I'm guessing that at least once everyday should be fine. Doesn't take long to see what's happening, chuck in your thoughts and be on your merry way. I would think =P Don't think this game is gonna have anything as crazy as previous games, so should be all good =P
Back to top Go down
Thee_Slushee
Obsessive Frog
Thee_Slushee

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:17 pm

Oh, and that's a legit vote, mod =P
Back to top Go down
chocolate-toffie
Silly Goose
chocolate-toffie

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Haha sweet, thanks Slushee.

vote night Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:31 pm

TWO votes for night, from Thee_Slushee & chocolate-toffie

There's always at least one lurker in every game, so don't get too worried if you can't make it one day or the next Razz As long as you post whenever you have something to say people can't accuse you of being inactive, hehe.
Back to top Go down
thedumbass
Bedazzled
thedumbass

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 9:29 pm

@Happy -> thanks for the warm welcome man!

@everyone else ->I don't like my role, I think it's too confusing and I don't really know how to use it Sad
but al gudz! Razz

vote night! Very Happy

P.S If one "full day" will be 5 days of the week + 2 days of the weekend, how long will this game take? A month? Maybe more? Shocked
Back to top Go down
pandamike
Pacman
pandamike

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Let's do this.

Panda votes night!

Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

Job/hobbies : Coding/drawing/music/language
Dreams of : Webcomic artist!

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:46 pm

Aasdfklajshasf what? Everyone is voting night right off the bat? No banter at all? o.o What is this?!

It sounds like Charles (who I'm going to call by name because calling him TDA doesn't suit) is either great at playing the "noob who doesn't know stuff" story, or he got something like inventor or bus driver or something like that. Prooobably not mafia, but it could be a bluff.
As for the others, everyone just seems to be bandwagoning on night which...usually I'd accuse of being mafia scum but since everyone is just bandwagoning..

Except CT!

Vote CT

Why so eager to get to night huh? (PS this means I'm voting to lynch you. If 4 other people also vote on you then you die, which aint gonna happen on day 0 but just letting you know the format Smile )
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:03 pm

@Charles we have 9 people, so there are probably 2 or 3 mafia depending on the other power roles involved (though Happy did say that this game might not be very balanced lol).
So if one person is killed each night and we get enough evidence to conclude on a lynch each day (not counting day 0) then that leaves 5 people after day 2, at which point the mafia have won if there are 3 of them and none of them died, so that's about the shortest the game can be. And for the upper limit I guess the game could theoretically go on forever if we never come to a vote on lynch and the mafia target is always healed by a doctor or some such hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:06 pm

@Happy I think a full 5 days for sending in a night action sounds kinda long, even if people are busy. I mean, even in a lecture or during a lunch break you could send in "I investigate fweaks" or something lol. But you're the boss. Smile
Back to top Go down
chocolate-toffie
Silly Goose
chocolate-toffie

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:20 pm

Hiroshi wrote:
As for the others, everyone just seems to be bandwagoning on night which...usually I'd accuse of being mafia scum but since everyone is just bandwagoning..

Except CT!

Vote CT

Why so eager to get to night huh? (PS this means I'm voting to lynch you. If 4 other people also vote on you then you die, which aint gonna happen on day 0 but just letting you know the format Smile )

What can I say? I'm a trendsetter! Very Happy

Nah actually Slushee first suggested that everyone checks in and we go to night. Sounded reasonable to me.
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:42 pm

There are still plenty more people who haven't checked in yet lol.
Though I guess we can't expect Screaming to post any time too soon since he said he wouldn't have internet for a while. On that note, since he isn't here I feel obliged to do his post for him:
"Everyone voting night is mafia, as I've been debating with Fweaks over in the general mafia forum section that there is no reason for any townie to vote night ever." - Screaming, from inside my head.
Or something like that ahahaha.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:06 am

yeah this^
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:45 am

Hiroshi wrote:
@Happy I think a full 5 days for sending in a night action sounds kinda long, even if people are busy. I mean, even in a lecture or during a lunch break you could send in "I investigate fweaks" or something lol. But you're the boss. Smile
MAYBE PEOPLE NEED THINKING TIME

Hahhaha mmk the first thing is if I get all actions in before deadline, I'll kick into day gear for sure Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) 248717 But you do raise a good point; on the other hand I've known people to miss their cue for like, days on end. The plan was already for next night phase to last fri-sun, but I'll see how it is for thursday? Probably the night and day phases will end up shortening as we go along. Razz

FOUR votes for night, from Thee_Slushee, chocolate-toffie, thedumbass & pandamike
ONE vote against chocolate-toffie, from Hiroshi

Personally I thought it would be hilarious if we took advantage of michael's absence to vote night as much as possible
Back to top Go down
thedumbass
Bedazzled
thedumbass

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:25 am

I'm sry Hiroshi, but what's your reasoning behind accusing CT again?

P.S using the alias "thedumbass" is part of my strategy! Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) 685945

P.P.S are we allowed to PM people during the day?
Back to top Go down
thedumbass
Bedazzled
thedumbass

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:34 am

sry, more things I forgot to say!

1.) Are we allowed to edit our post if we've made a typo?

2.) Are we allowed to make idle banter at night, e.g. asking people where they're from and stuff like that, or is that not allowed?
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 9:17 am

in most parts of the forum, edits are encouraged to stop spam, like in most other forums.

but if you are a player in a game, the rule is no edits at all. but to compensate for this, you're allowed to spam as much as you'd like.

normally, no jibber jabber during the night, unless the mod makes a limbo thread for it. for this game, mod has said that essentially this will serve as the limbo thread so hot air away~
Back to top Go down
directorladyface01
Skittles
directorladyface01

Job/hobbies : coke....chocoholic......chip addict....
Dreams of : chocolate....n your face!

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 9:29 am

No one is supposed to pm each other about the game in the day phase, unless your role specifically allows you to. But go ahead and social pm people if you want to.

oh and yes! whoa everyone just jumped to night phase!
townies do vote night if they can be persuaded lol

I'll wait it out.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:10 am

oh right. the general rule is no communication at all regarding the game outside of the thread, at anytime day or night, unless your role states otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:12 pm

Yup. So if its not about the game you can pm away. Smile

My reasoning for accusing CT is that she was eager to get to night. Also to get the lynch ball rolling because I always get more info in day 0 by slinging left right and center.
And also to demonstrate how the voting system works. Very Happy

On that note,

Unvote CT
Vote Orange

Why you no post for? :O
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:25 pm

FOUR votes for night, from Thee_Slushee, chocolate-toffie, thedumbass & pandamike
ONE vote against orange, from Hiroshi

I figured SH would be fine missing out day 1, but maybe it's worth extending this a day to let him have a say? e_e Man, I dunno anymore. Imma extend deadline til about 9pm Monday but with night votes so close to majority, I'm fairly sure this won't come into play anyway.

thedumbass wrote:
P.S using the alias "thedumbass" is part of my strategy! Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) 685945
I can't stop thinking about how that stupid emote looks exactly like your stupid avatar

(I'm sorry if that was your face and I called your face stupid)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next