Mafiaaaah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where we can play mafia.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)

Go down 
+6
pandamike
thedumbass
chocolate-toffie
fweaks
Thee_Slushee
Happy
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

Job/hobbies : reading/origami/computer
Dreams of : *SPOILERS*

Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:47 am

noob!=newb

he's being noob, but he's not newb.

that's all i've gotten since.
Back to top Go down
thedumbass
Bedazzled
thedumbass

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:34 pm

Salutations! Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 508897

My actions:
Night 1: slept.....
Night 2: slept.....
Night 3: slept.....
Night 4: (last night) redirected actions done to Pandamike to Thee_Slushee

ok, this is what happened.....

Scenario 1:) directorladyface01 is maf, Hiroshi is maf, and SINCE WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THE POSSIBLE ROLES ARE directorladyface01 is all like "Yo Hiroshi, I'm gonna fakeclaim (i.e lie) cop, those guys are just gonna eat it up! There will be no one to CC me because there NEVER WAS A COP TO BEGIN WITH! I will say you are inno and you will be al gudz for the rest of the game!

Scenario 2.) directorladyface01 is townie, but NAIVE COP, Hiroshi is maf, directorladyface01 claims cop. Regardless of whether this is a legitimate claim (hence no CCs), or not (i.e lie), the town has no way of knowing because WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THE POSSIBLE ROLES ARE! directorladyface01 unfortunately doesn't realise that she is NAIVE COP. She inspects Hiroshi and realises that he's "in the green! She then turns to Hiroshi and is all like "Yo Hiroshi, I checked you out man! You are in the green!" and Hiroshi's all like "LOLZ!!! thanks mate! Laughing Now I gotta "get-outta-jail-free card! Whenever someone accuses me of anything, I'm gonna just use this card"

Note to town: WE CAN'T TRUST ANYONE!!! Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 325679
Back to top Go down
thedumbass
Bedazzled
thedumbass

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:46 pm

(NAIVE COP: Everyone he/she inspects seems inno to them)
Back to top Go down
thedumbass
Bedazzled
thedumbass

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Lynch: Hiroshi
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:10 pm

oh, and because I keep forgetting to give you an answer, not that I don't suspect hiroshi, I just don't suspect him as much as dumah. to reference lawliet, I suspect you and hiroshi each 3%, but dumah, a full 5% even.
Back to top Go down
Happy
Stop Triple Posting Laurence
Happy

Job/hobbies : none whatsoever
Dreams of : solving the mystery

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:59 pm

TWO votes against thedumbass, from fweaks and hiroshi
ONE votes against hiroshi, from thedumbass
Back to top Go down
http://happypants3.deviantart.com
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

Job/hobbies : Coding/drawing/music/language
Dreams of : Webcomic artist!

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:06 pm

...Dude TDA, you realise that DLF is confirmed townie by the alignment reveal on death right? (Name shown in green)
So essentially you're saying our only cop was naive, which would be not just useless, but damaging for the town side. Considering how hardcore this game has been for town anyway? Come on, even Happy would make a game that imbalanced.
OMGUS vote also not helping lol.

@Panda: Oh ok I see where you're coming from with the 'claim' thing.
Uh I guess I'll take the compliment..? Thanks haha
I definitely agree, there are most likely two mafia, so if you're not the other one than it has to be Orange or Fweaks. It wouldn't be unheard of for mafia to accuse/lynch other mafia to appear clear themselves, so Fweaks and Orange are still suspects also, but that doesn't clear TDA.
Actually Orange is pretty clear 'cos if she and TDA were mafia and she's dying she'd do anything to keep him alive lol. So it's you or Fweaks pretty much.
Back to top Go down
pandamike
Pacman
pandamike

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Lol Geoffrey almost said exactly the same starting line as you.... but now here I am modifying my post because you got in first.

Naive cop...? lol yeah not really convinced.

So kinda just want thedumbass to die because he is so suspicious, and I want to know his role.
will probs make a vote tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:44 pm

Lol ninja'd Razz

Just re-reading my post, I meant to say "wouldn't". Just clarifying lol.
Back to top Go down
pandamike
Pacman
pandamike

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:37 am

lynch thedumbass
for better or for worse.

Back to top Go down
thedumbass
Bedazzled
thedumbass

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:48 am

Soz, I forgot that Jasmine showed us that the dead were green lol

This next part is just for pandamike, Hiroshi, and fweaks.
I am appealing to the one lone townie out of you 3 since I am sure that the other 2 are maf. This is my final Apology (i.e defense speech)......

"Greetings, fellow Villagers!
I 'thedumbass' aka 'Charles', is a man of few words.....
(just ask Geoff, I hardly say anything in our action group lol)
Thus, I shall keep this brief....."

"Yes, I am the self-proclaimed 'dumbass'!
Yes, I may have really acted like a real 'dumbass'!
And yes, I have screwed up far more times than the average person should!
Can I prove my innocence? No
Have I been the best 'Redirector' in this game? No
But for that one townie who is listening, I assure you,
I am not mafia"

"Alas! If my final plea is in vain, and failed to stir up any sense of trust in you,
then it appears like my time is up.....
I shall say this now, for I will not get another chance after I've passed away.....
The weeks which I've spent playing this game have been nothing but joyous.
You fellow villagers have welcomed me with open arms and polite mannerism.
A stranger to the Mafia Forum lands.
From you, my fellow villagres, I have learnt that Mafia can be played in a amicable and friendly manner, something which I never sought possible when I was playing in other online Mafia sites....
You have shown me a whole new galaxy in the Mafia universe, and for that, I am grateful!
My only regret is that I have failed you, my fellow villagers, in eliminating the filth which plagues our humble town!
Alas! I can feel the hemlock coursing through my vains!
And so I shall leave you, my friends, with one final breath!
Ave atque Vale!
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:49 pm

Oh my god I think I'm gonna jump in here before anybody gets a chance to rage at that

First, SOCRATES REFERENCE has been GOT! Unless it wasn't one, in which case I'm sorry.

THREE votes against thedumbass, from fweaks, hiroshi and pandamike
ONE votes against hiroshi, from thedumbass

MAJORITY VOTE has been REACHED. THEDUMBASS is to be DULY REPRIMANDED.

Quote :

"That is all. The majority have deemed you... the killer."
*dramatic thunderbolts*
"NOOOO! :[" he screeches, as he is taken away. "THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT. I KNOW IT'S NOT RIGHT. WHAT ABOUT MY MONOLOGUE? I DON'T EVEN GET TO SEE THEIR REACTION."

"Tough luck, bub," the modgod spits, dragging him to The Chair. You know, the electric one. It was supposed to be ironic.

Now modgod can't tell if it's doubly so, or just... sad.

SO! After considering all the subsequent possibilities I could think of, it occurs to me none of them will be particularly, uhh, fun. Of course let me post up your death result first -
  • ScreamingHawk (Michael) [DEAD]
  • Thee_Slushee (Chanisha) [DEAD]
  • fweaks (Jonno)
  • directorladyface01 (Aakrithi) [DEAD]
  • thedumbass (Charles) [DEAD]
  • pandamike (Mike)
  • Hiroshi (Geoff)
  • orange (Joce) [HURT]
  • chocolate-toffie (CT) [DEAD]
And without further ado...

Quote :

They laughed, and laughed, and then hacked a little, and then laughed some more.

"We did it, COMRADE! I only busted three veins in the process!"

The other simply nods, faint smile playing on his face. "Now there's nothing standing in the way... of exterminating all the robots."

"That's what we were doing?"

...........=...............=...................=......................=......=
......=......................................=.......=....................................
....................=..........=....................=..........=
..=......=............=........................=......=............=...............
.........................................=.........................................=

Congratulations to HIROSHI and FWEAKS, winners of this game! /more confetti

You can view their discussion here (clicking on this link).

It was a terrible first setup to wade through, but thank you so much to all the new players for joining in with zest! I hope you all stay around for future games!!
I'll post up the exact setup, night actions and additional commentary over the next week or so (ideally, actually getting up to the point where we finished). In the meantime I guess you people can rage at each other in here or something. =u=

Thank you again for playing! I hope it was at least half as fun as it was infuriating! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thedumbass
Bedazzled
thedumbass

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:02 pm

I knew there was a NAIVE COP!!! Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 325679
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:39 pm

I'm pretty sure there wasn't a cop at all. i mean, she might have had some form of investigation, but it definately wasn't cop i dont think. like watcher, or follower or something.
Back to top Go down
orange
Dwarf Bread
orange

Job/hobbies : Potato.
Dreams of : Not breaking things.

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:47 pm

Eeeevil game. Oh so evil. xD

Explain how the kill/injury mechanism worked?
Was it only injury if there was a redirection and a kill if the shot was not redirected?
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:12 pm

i'm pretty sure she made that bit up when she got to the fork, which is why she raged so much.
Back to top Go down
pandamike
Pacman
pandamike

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:38 pm

Hahahaha. Well played guys, well played.

Sorry town! Totally protected geoff for a while there, and sorry I think I killed you orange lolol.

Really enjoyed my first game, will be back for the next one!
I like super crazy stuff going on. Makes things interesting.
More night powers means there is more to talk about , rather than just "oh I totes think your mafia..." "Nuu" "yes" "nuu"... In irl games.

Thanks Happy!
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 12:24 am

GG

Just gotta say, that was pretty crazy. A little rough for the townies I think lol. Still though, made for an interesting game; I totally thought we got done a few times there! Especially when DLF investigated me and started accusing me lol, so lucky she dropped that. I agree with Fweaks, I doubt she was a real cop, more like some other investigative role.

I'd also like to know how injuries worked. I thought it was just for split actions but then Orange was injured by herself? o.O So weird.

And yeah glad you guys enjoyed it. Smile That's what I like about forum mafia games too; you have time to think, time to analyse, and there's often a lot more going on than just your standard town, cop, doctor, mafia thing. Actually right near the end there I was thinking Charles must totally be a jester lol. x_x

Aaaaannnd now you guys get to read all about how evil we were LOL.
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 12:48 am

Oh yeah so I'm like, gonna try modding now and stuff. Check out the new signups thread. Smile
And I believe Screaming's game still hasn't started either right?
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

Dreams of : your mum

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 7:44 am

I'm just waiting for one more player. My game is encouraging lynches, which is something that doesn't really happen in games around here. Game link.

And @TDAs long ass post:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 3:04 pm

So Screaming, what were you? Lol
Back to top Go down
ScreamingHawk
Potion
ScreamingHawk

Dreams of : your mum

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:31 pm

I was redirector. Redirected from fweaks to slushee night 1. Was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 11:42 pm

ScreamingHawk wrote:
And @TDAs long ass post: [saluting image]
hahahdkjfhf the thing is it's clear he wouldn't have fake-claimed after he was dead, so he basically managed to illustrate the complete GG within his uplifting speech, I don't know |D;
(Plus @charles I wouldn't recommend doing that in the future FYI, though I appreciate it, specifically bringing up your alignment and role could've changed the flow of the game)

ANYWAY! Here is the first installment in What Really Happened™️, mostly lifted from this single huge notepad file I used to record the whole game - it'll be separated by the spoiler tags. Apologies in advance if some of it strikes you as brash? offensive? At the time I generally figured the only person I was offending was myself.
Hate to bump down geoff's signup thread actually e__e I'll try to get these out of the way faster over the weekend so it's not such a pain. Do consider signing up if you have time, cats and kids! (Me, I'll have to wait til after my mocks, maybe. Which is like a month away, but I'm assuming I'll be juggling SH's game too. |D Sorry!)

PRE-GAME

My brief for the game, as you have probably divined, can be (and was) summarised as this one sentence: "ONE COP, ONE MAFIA, 9001 REDIRECTORS". Threw in another mafia in a last-minute panic, which made the whole thing less sleek and less playable at the same time. Wish I'd listened to my instincts, ha. Oh well, live and learn!

Here are the exact player roles that went through:
Spoiler:
Yes, I really did make up all the robot stuff on the spot. .__. Technically I had vague inkings of the idea before I begun, but I wish I'd put something about it in the mafia/cop PMs. To be fair, it was really only meant to be flavour.
(Plus: as you can imagine, Jonno made us a google doc.)

Fun fact, I determined roles by shuffling a deck of cards - hence 13 signups - then flipping the top three to be cop/mafia/mafia! It was pretty intense.

The redirectors worked on a collective INCREMENTAL SYSTEM - the more an action was CHAINED, the WEAKER it got. (Chain lightning - get it?) This is the order I eventually settled on for mafia:
Spoiler:
And if a kill managed to eventually redirect onto a mafia (took out any possibility of them dying because I thought it would make it too difficult!!!!):
Spoiler:
And this is my initial plan for cop, though naturally I managed to completely screw it up in the first night and then just gave up and did whatever.
Spoiler:
Several NONLINEAR PATHS were also defined (against Jonno's expectations!):
Spoiler:
It turns out night 1/day 2 stretches this post much too long, so I'll leave it for next. Razz And there you have it! If it turns out I've missed anything and you've somehow realised, please let me know.
So, in the end Jonno was right about aakrithi/dlf, in a sense. Also, hey Geoff, my setup was really very simple. In theory. .____.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:52 am

//played with more restrictions than i actually had
//still won.
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:08 am

so basically what happy's post just told me is that we didn't even need to lynch off TDA, because we were absolutely guaranteed the win anyway. it was just her making us show off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next