Mafiaaaah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where we can play mafia.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)

Go down 
+6
pandamike
thedumbass
chocolate-toffie
fweaks
Thee_Slushee
Happy
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Happy
Stop Triple Posting Laurence
Happy

Job/hobbies : none whatsoever
Dreams of : solving the mystery

Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:23 pm

NOT NECESSARILY if there was no lynch this night, and you or geoff were silenced next night, that would result in two townie votes vs the other mafia! Then they might lynch you, then the next night Joce would die, but maybe the last mafia would get silenced again.. (The real answer is that I had no idea what was happening)

On the other hand it's likely I would've buffed up a kill that returned to you, seeing how the game was turning out
Back to top Go down
http://happypants3.deviantart.com
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

Job/hobbies : reading/origami/computer
Dreams of : *SPOILERS*

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 4:30 pm

you said 3 to lynch? so two townie votes means nothing?

unless you were going to reduce it down to 2. but if you were going to do that, whether or not we knew what the actual rules were, there as still a perfect play which meant we could perform a perfect play which guaranteed us the win.

if we didn't know, we'd just not kill at night, meaning we could just do the double lynch ourselves. if we did know, we'd still not kill at night, and just do the double lynch ourselves.

there was literally no way for us(specifically, not just anyone in our place) to lose. scrub.
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:12 pm

Hahahaha okay I'm sorry a scrub modded your game
Back to top Go down
fweaks
Cyberman
fweaks

Job/hobbies : reading/origami/computer
Dreams of : *SPOILERS*

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:13 pm

and dont you forget it ;D

nah we love you jazzy. and it was an okay game, dont worry.
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 12 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:03 pm

I'm sorry for bumping down geoff's signups again. 8( He got a bunch of players just now so I guess it's alright? Hahaha sorry why am I trying to justify this to myself.
    N1 / D2
Spoiler:
So what I managed to do in the first night was record Mike's action as being directed onto Aakrithi, not Chanisha! Their usernames have definitely been written down somewhere if you don't know who's who. Anyway, my advice to you is never host a game where every single person can affect each other's actions, ever.

Luckily there weren't any kills travelling along that route - but DLF's investigation was, meaning I had to rush to correct myself as you may remember. These are the messages I sent to her, before and after:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
There was another major mistake I didn't realise til later - upon seeing how easily redirects could merge into each other, I had a panic attack and nerfed mafia's default state to "cannot vote, two days", then forgot that on the second night because I was so certain the 'kill' went straight through. I choose to justify it now as a different nerf, perhaps "merged kills will never be as powerful as a true kill", though of course the real reason is I stared at my computer for several minutes on day five and then cried to sleep.

The order of actions was mostly what made sense to me - redirects happened simultaneously for all intents and purposes, all other actions occured chronologically. The last kill action to come through was considered the 'secondary' one.

All the workings behind the night story, as follows!
  • Greytext right at the top: just a general hint that Things Are Not As They Seem, i.e. the game will not function exactly according to standardised roles.
  • Establishing the existence of robots, because I thought that would be a good idea. Wanted to imply more of 'pulling out of my ass' as opposed to 'LOL MIXED MESSAGES', but I wrote it really fast over a couple days and didn't really think things through.
    If you're interested, I may or may have not stolen ideas from Penny Arcade's Automata!
  • The mafia actions! Now, every strange turn of phrasing with these was taken from the master list in the signup thread. I don't know why I thought that was a good idea! So, here the hidden message was on mafias' targets - use of the number one referring to Michael, and some spiel about forgetting for pandamike's elephant (I never said my logic was discernable).
    The "bzzzt" noises are the redirectors, which was stupid of me, I'm sorry. I figured I'd be more clear with it in future stories, but then no actions were redirected ever again.
  • This is actually exactly what it sounds like: I was nearly done with the night story, and then someone's action split it into a giant mess. I think it was CT. Thanks, CT. Razz
  • Thee_Slushee sends off a redirect here, and then is hit by two (or rather, three) in return. She was designated a target by him, pandamike and CT, but Michael's had no action running along it. Even though I purposely omitted her relation to the lightning bolt, I was still concerned when people assumed it had nothing to do with her, haha.
    ":[" was the first hint that no town, you are the robots! (And then you were a robot.) I was gleeful when joce brought it up - "how DO you say that" - but naturally nobody thought more of it.
  • DLF's night action. This would've been written different had I not thought she was directed onto herself. Argh.
Didn't expect roleclaims to come so early (and hence the whole shtick was revealed pretty fast), but I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised, haha. It was probably the least confusing plan of action.
Apart from that, I enjoyed everyone's QQing. Razz Though it did make me worried the setup combined with my haphazard worldbuilding was too much.

I should apologise to charles for sending him some rather impatient PMs during the night, thinking he'd never played online mafia before == He said something like "don't we get to find out the roles" and I was like "of course not!!!!!!!!" So I'm really sorry. But yeah, I guess you can see my reasoning now.
Back to top Go down
Happy
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 10:23 pm

haha ok so I thought I'd wait til geoff's signups died down and then post the rest of this at once e__e

N2 / D3

Spoiler:
*'gaun' as in, gone. .__. Yeah, this round upset me.

Spoiler:
While I was pretty arbitrary in my handling of Rithi's role, what I was sure about was that she couldn't receive information on Michael role and what happened around him! The key here was in her leads - because she previously targeted geoff, so now she finds out her leads were correct, see? I feel terrible that it didn't come across strongly enough. |D; Maybe I should've capitalised LEADS.

Night, night story! (to be read to the rhythm of "ice ice baby")

• At the top is an (attempted) pointer towards the signup thread; you know, going back further than your assumption, which would probably be to the beginning of the game thread. I don't even know.
  • Trying to convey that the lightning is not the cause of the deaths! I wasn't sure whether people had figured it out at that point but I think by the end of the day phase it was mostly redundant.
  • So this is where I started to throw in mafia's associated traits too I guess. In order, that's Hiroshi (re: the money/fortune discussion in-thread); Michael again (I hope somebody got the half life full life consequences reference); CT (at "nothing to say"); and Jonno (where hypotheticals == theory). The night stories were planned to get more clear as the game went on because I assumed more people would survive!! Silence signifying the lack of redirections, I suppose.
  • As people figured, rithi stalks down someone here - michael, who of course is then visited by geoff. Trying to get across the idea that the robots don't know who they are - because I hadn't accommodated for it in the PMs, ahah. =__=
  • There was also, as I wrote it in my text file, "A REALLY BEAUTIFUL THING THAT HAPPENED:" the redirect chain formed was Charles > Geoff > Rithi > Mike > Channi. So I felt like it warranted mention lol.
    "(And then mike was like "jonno > rithi" .__. Broke it)"
  • CT dies! I spent a really long time formatting that freakin' lyric scroll. Fun fact, I chronically mishear one of the lines as "gets me all aroused". Maybe the irish have a strange accent.

If you're interested I also have an outtake for the greytext section of this story :') I spent far too much time deliberating for something that wasn't read.
Spoiler:
According to the text file I thought this day's night story was "woefully straightforward".

Did I mention anywhere, I could not figure out michael's breadcrumbing either |D Except for where he asked if everyone's redirections were the same, but I intepreted that as more of a disbelieving question. Aaand that day phase had a lot of lynching but no consensus, sadly enough.

N3 / D4

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Night story:

• GET IT..... SIGN, UPS......... Was debating whether to italicise it or not or whatever, but uhh, that might've been way too patronising.
  • Chanisha redirects, dies, and apparently has ulterior knowledge that nothing's happened this round. I wanted to give her a nice moment, I guess. =w=
  • CHARLES!!! PERFORMS!!! HIS ACTION!!!!!!!! I practically freaked out when he blarghed to everyone that he redirected on night 4, until I looked back and found definite proof I hadn't screwed up again. Yay, I guess.
  • As you may know, mafia didn't settle on a night action this time, mostly because I was shortening the night phases and apparently made this one Too Short. Worked out for town, I guess.
    I felt like I needed to actually talk about the redirects in some capacity, so, I guess this talks about how everyone deflected off geoff. Which was kind of both amusing and depressing, actually.
  • I DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO HERE??? I'd decided at the beginning that a straight-up, undirected investigation would be publically declared in the thread somehow, but since she was now dead... you know. The O and the A are from his name (my first idea was to put J..O but I thought that would narrow it down far farrrr far too much).

I should've given everyone the weekend but I was needing to get on with my life lol

N4 / D5

Of course, in the night phase we have the wonderful appearance of charles Razz I didn't intend for the capitalisation to spell out anything actually, so that was... surprising.

Spoiler:
Story du nuit!

• At the top is the final warning I guess, which given my apparent unwinnable game was useless but who cares?! Not just vague life advice, this one was specifically referring to the strength-in-numbers of the redirection chains.
  • Only Geoff submitted his action here! So yes, he targets charles (as in the sad face; also, money puns), and then it angles once.
  • This was only about submitting a redirect and getting one in return... that technically happened to everyone, so I can't recall why I mentioned it here. I think it had to do with a redirect returning from one of the people targeted.
  • Whoo! Infinite loops! Whooooo!! I was sort of excited when I saw that but then I remembered Charles most likely wouldn't submit his action. Not meaning that condescending-ly, he made the conscious decision not to, as he confirmed to me at some point in the game.

Okay, I just saw my post about the PMs that all disappeared somewhere, and let me say I still haven't found them.

The saddest thing about this round is that it was very, very possible one of the mafia would have been outed |DDD You know, if not for. Shenanigans. Like, I think every one of them managed to call at least one bluff, but then it got lost in general, let's say, hullabaloo? And then I managed to figure out that with charles dead, even if mafia kept killing, and town kept redirecting onto mafia (ideal situation), and I introduced mafia friendly fire, the day phases would be a whole lot of waiting for night so that said mafia could die. Which is why I dropped it all from there! Hooray for me!
(It was necessary to have this final round though, like I say, if town had made a series of very good moves etc. T e c h n i c a l l y I think two kills redirected onto one mafia would've doubled up and killed them straight away? God dammit.)

Anyway I'm really proud of the final dialogue though even though it really shoddily attempts to wrap up everything that I failed at Exposition-ing earlier. I wrote it in like an hour at school.

THE END!!!! Again thank you for playing. And now I don't need to be scared about bumping this up anymore. ==

[SEVERAL YEARS LATER EDIT:] GOOGLE DOC is here! (not that anyone will read it but imma leave for posterity)

Last edited by Happy on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hiroshi
Babooshka
Hiroshi

Job/hobbies : Coding/drawing/music/language
Dreams of : Webcomic artist!

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 12:08 am

Wow. That was quite a game. I wasn't sure so many people would actually take my suggestion to redirect away from me seriously. xD I didn't just pull one bluff man, I wrote towns actions woooo. Though really town lacked info enough that it wasn't hard. I guess I got lucky DLF didn't out me before she died? Lol

So I guess I should start my game sometime huh? xD
Back to top Go down
directorladyface01
Skittles
directorladyface01

Job/hobbies : coke....chocoholic......chip addict....
Dreams of : chocolate....n your face!

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 5:26 pm

I tried to!
but then i got info from Happy that made you look innocent and I was the fuq! I thought Hiroshi was mafia scum

I as police barely saw anything but sweet game...nice stories!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)   Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME) - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mafia #22 (GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME)
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12